or Connect

Posts by wizard69

You make an assumption here that SkyLake will be a technical failure. You can't believe everything Intel tries to sell us but the word is SkyLake will be a huge architecture / performance update.
Interesting, I'd seen references to quad core Broadwells before but I have a hard time believing Apple would for that route in the MBP when SkyLake is supposedly so near.I want to believe that but slipping shipments makes one uncomfortable. I suppose there are lots of other possible explanations for the dragged out shipments.This is still my understanding though I did hear rumors along time ago about an earlier roll out of high end SkyLake notebook chips. However I...
Well that truly sucks. If real this means SkyLake is farther off than expected. Either that or Intel is to ship SkyLake early.
The 64 bit Arm instruction set is designed to be very power efficient. By stripping out all 32 bit support they would reduce power usage even further. By the way I'm not saying it is 64 bit as I'm not sure Apple has the balls to look that far into the future, just that bitness is not a serous issue either way.Not that I really care as I don't see a watch in my future. The point is there is an argument for a 64 bit chip that can't be dismissed.
Siri's backend {that sounds dirty} has been getting updates at fairly regular intervals. Unfortunately it often seems to take one step forward and two back. I find it to be very frustrating to use even for simple things like getting a map to a destination.So while development is ongoing Siri has a long ways to go. The article also hinted at the spell check feature in Apples operating systems which frankly is in bigger need of overhaul than Siri in my estimation. I...
I'm not an editor so I can't offer anything from that perspective. However I did watch the reactions of many so called professional when FCPX came out and frankly with a group like that I wouldn't put much value in their comments. More importantly it appears that many professionals that jumped ship or threatened to do so, are once again using FCPX.The reaction to FCPX was especially perplexing when Apple was very upfront about it being a complete rewrite to modernize...
What many seem to mis here is that the guy is retiring, apparently after many years in business, the fact that FCPX is with Apple is what will secure it in the future. If he was running his own business we would have a much higher chance of seeing FCPX disappears or end up in the hands of idiot management. With Apple we at least know there is a management structure in place to guide whomever is the follow on leader of this group.It won't and frankly I'm not sure how...
What is the basis for this ignorance? Somebody retiring doesn't mean a product goes away. It actually gives that product fresh opportunities as new minds take over.No it is time to stop with the ignorant knee jerk reactions to normal happenings at a corporation. People retire from work, some because they want too and some because they need too. Hell we just had a retirement at the palace I work and you know what business goes on and fresh minds make for...
Sure they are in the minority today, but you have to ask yourself why. Part of that in my opinion is a lack of vision on Apples part, you can't really expect that 4 year old design like the Touch (really much older, but the last major update is 4 years now) to sell well to consumers with a decent education.I see two big problems with the iPod line up. Apples lack of vision and an apparent unwillingness to experiment or innovate with new features. The other big...
An arguement can be made that Apples current situation with the iPod line up is directly due to taking focus off the product and failing to innovate with that product. It is absolutely asinine for Apple to be shipping Touch with such an outdated processor.That is certainly the case today but you should ask why! The why is pretty simple, an outdated iPhone is light years ahead of Touch performance wise. Such an iPhone also supports much of iOS that is new. These...