or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple hold off on a Mac Pro update until late in 2015. The goal would be a new round of the latest Xeons and GPUs. By that time all new technologies should have stabilized and ideally prices will remain viable. If Apple does this, IE wait until late 2015 they will have a lot of new tech available to them such as DDR4, maybe even LPDDR4, new GPUs, TB3 and the like. Sometime in 2015 AMD is expected to start shipping their new RAM...
Price has nothing to do with it, it is impossible to deliver totally bug free drivers for things like video cards. That is why you see NVidia and AMD delivering new driver updates at regular intervals. Seriously if you haven't had to deal with a GPU driver bug in your lifetime you simply haven't tried hard enough. It doesn't matter what platform you are using eventually a driver bug will cause you problems.
Well stated! I'm surprised at the willingness to blame Apple for the failure of exactly one third party product on apparently one and only one video card option. Anybody with half a mind should realize that there is at least a possibility here that Apple has nothing to do with this failure.In a perfect world it would be nice to see Apple deliver drivers that can't be killed by third party users. However that is a lot harder to do than many imagine.The overwhelming...
Do you guys work part time as grave diggers. It is the only explanation for a thread this old being responded too.
The probably had it up to hear with all of the whining that came with that free record. Every jerk that complained about U2 should be held accountable.
Leaked information. By the way this doesn't imply that yields are as good as Intel would like, just that it is now feasible to start shipping product.This article: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/12/23/what-is-intel-corporation-doing-about-the-broadwel.aspx is interesting due to to cost graph for three different products. Yields will go up with Broadwell thus prices will come down. Unfortunately I can't find the article on yields but I'm fairly certain...
Or you can snag a 2014 refurb.I personally have a hard time suggesting that anyone these days buy a laptop with only 4GB of RAM even more so in the Apple case because of the lack of a post purchase upgrade solution.This is so true, Haswell refresh was the biggest joke of 2014 as the extra 100 MHz does nothing for the Average user. That being said I suspect that most people will be better off waiting for Broadwell based Airs to ship if they can. Im hoping that Apple...
Well the CES is in early January and as such I wouldn't be surprised to see Intel announce bulk shipments of the 14 nm Broadwell devices. So yeah clearing stocks is a real possibility. I could see Apple shipping new Airs within a couple of weeks of Intels release.In other words I wouldn't be buying any laptop right now with a potential product release only a couple of week away.
Being original with products that sell is better.Apples best chance of continuing success is to keep innovating. If they can morph IOS into a platform that supports both the tablet and laptop user it would be a huge success. So far I haven't seen a successful design so that isn't an issue we have a benchmark for. However because a successful design doesn't exist today doesn't mean one can't exist tomorrow.Perhaps more important for Apples long term success is the need...
Intels yield issues have been solved and a very early release of MBA suitable processors is planned for 2015. I'm not sure what you are trying to say but the article implied that there are currently yield issues of some sort with the new Air, any current yield issues are not Intel related.