or Connect

Posts by wizard69

If only there was some truth in this. The fact is FDR had nothing to do with the success of the U.S. economy after WW2. The fact is the US was about the only industrialized country that didn't have massive rebuilding efforts underway, rebuilding efforts that often needed US made materials and assistance. A lot of money flowed into the US due to exports directly after WW2. Oh and by the way WW2 nearly did bankrupt the country.I don't think it was an accident at...
Wars are only useful if you forget one important fact: wars are one by the slaughter of the enemy. In this regard we have engaged in useless wars. However the world is reshaping itself in a way that we will have to learn that lesson all over agian. It is time that the American people demand that the government slaughter the enemy instead of this senseless pin pricking which only makes things worst.
Having spent sometime in Ireland, you need to understand that Ireland's policies have been extremely successful in turning a poor country into a success story. In general I got the feeling that the people in Ireland have been very happy with the economic growth that has happened that has squashed unemployment and lifted literally millions out of poverty. This due to the company being successful offering a competitive place for business to locate.Yep and overall it has...
Not in all countries. However Ireland has been very successful in transforming itself from a relatively poor country into one with a vibrant economy by offering reasonable taxes. Tough luck to the countries that have tax systems that grossly attack productive companies.More baloney. Most companies pay far more tax than you might imagine. Further those that get by with minimal taxes do so because of loop holes or deals that increase production in the USA. The fact...
Further evidence of a need to overhaul our tax system. I never understood why the paltry little bit of a federal tax return that I get is seen as taxable income. I earned it last year and the government certainly didn't Oay me any interest on it. There is much about our tax system that just doesn't make sense, much of the system simply needs to be trashed so that some equity can be found.
Hard to do on an iPad. Which reminds me I wish Applewould hurry up with the Broadwell based machines, my Mac is broke down and I'm having a hard time convincing myself to get it fixed (old).
Nobody is arguing that Apple shouldn't pay taxes, what we are arguing against is this appalling attempt at taxing income that has never been brought into the USA. Do you really think the EU will stand by and just watch this happen? Considering what is presented it is very much an attempt to tax European corporations, tax paying corporations under US law. It will not go over well at all after all the free trade agreements and the tariff regulations that have been...
Which makes no sense at all! The average person has zero contact with government. A corporation can and often needs to be in constant contact with government. There simply isn't anyway around that reality, corporations can't function without government approval and the governemnt can't privide the right services without knowing the reality of the corporations needs.Corporate sponsors aren't the problem, the problem is elected officials forgetting who elected them ten...
The list goes on. It is social spending that is killing both the U.S. and the EU, pretty pathetic too.That budget will need to roughly double also over the next few years. Military spending simply hasn't reflected what is happening in the world, we need to engage in more decisive battles with many of the failed states that exists. That means new technology and the implementation of a new nuclear arsenal to liguidate those backwater countries causing the earth so many...
There is no doubt that the tax codes need work. However the rich are already paying significant amounts of tax to the point that it is unreasonable taxing. A flat tax system with no loop holes is needed, everybody including the poor pay the same rate. I never understood why the poor get off scot free in this country. If they don't have the money then they need to be compelled to work for it.Actually that is some of the best spend going when it comes to our tax...