or Connect

Posts by wizard69

The odds are slim to none in the Mini format at this point. Why? Because Intels GPUs are good enough now for the markets served. The other reality is that to deliver dramatically better GPU performance you need a different chassis than the Mini.Maybe not today but Intel is still focused GPU performance thus we should see significant leaps with both Broadwell and SkyLake series chips.My hope is that Apple would see a niche to fill and offer a Mac Pro like machine with...
There is plenty of room, in various places for antenna. It is a matter of designing it in. With the advent of Broadwell and SkyLake not far off, there will be even more room.Even though I'm an iPhone user I still really like the LTE option of my iPad. It is very useful when WiFi sucks in the local area. It is one of the reasons I bought the iPad in the first place as it connects just about anywhere. Now maybe the latest iPhones do WiF better so maybe my opinion...
We still pay too much for the flash memory we get. This is one reason I'm still on an iPad 3. Apparently Apple has this vision for IPad that doesn't align with the vision customers,have. Part of that is a desire for lots of local flash storage at cost effective rates.Why would you do that? These are by no means powerful computers thus it pays to buy as much as possible.
It is more of a issue of market saturation and demand for the new iPhone. Being a form of computer I can't imagine slaes being grossly better than Apples Mac line. Especially with Apples attitude of locking it down.Nobody in their right mind sees Apple Watch as a replacement for an iPad.Give us a break with this Mac Pro whining, it will ship when the tech is ready.
While not one of his worst this is still an article full of wishful thinking and bending the truth. Like everything DED I'd take it with a grain of sand.On the flip side I have to wonder why People are surprised by this. Apple has always had a very strong Electircal engineering team and has designed chips for its machines for years.
Well Samsung and TSMC have! Apparently Samsung is shipping low volume 16nm chips right now. A company focused on BitCoin mining is apparently already receiving shipments. I have to admit complete ignorance as to what BitCoin mining is but apparently it demands specialized hardware.Interestingly ARM apparently has done just that with their new 64 bit core announced earlier this week. They profiled a massive amount of code and optimized the processor right where it...
Which means squat!Beyond that the rumor could be off by a week or two, we won't know until something comes out of Apple. All I know is that Apple can't wait too long after Intel actually starts shipping chips. This means that something will need to be said by early March.
Not at all. I'm looking at this from Apples perspective. The Mac Pro doesn't see the volumes to justify rapid design cycles so that is one strike against the Mac Pro getting a rev early this year. Then you have the reality that a whole bunch of technology is about to come online this year, technology that directly impacts high end machines like the Mac Pro so there is a lot of incentive for Apple to hold off until some of that tech can be rolled into the machine. ...
The new GPUs currently on the market don't represent the generational change need to justify the engineering time to design them in. Especially when AMD is expecting to have HBM supporting GPUs out by mid year. The bandwidth increases these chips will see could be very compelling for Apple. Probably even more compelling for users as the potential is there for vastly faster performance.I can see Apple waiting until the end of the year, maybe even early 2016 to deliver...
There are new XEONs out there but nothing to write home about. If Apple waits until the later half of the year there should be a whole host of new stuff to stuff in the box.Let's face it Apple could just update the XEON and get a yawn from everybody much like happened with the laptops in 2014. If they wait just a bit they could roll enough new features into a Mac Pro to make a significant step forward.