or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Insurance and extended warranties are all about companies like Apple gambling that the majority of users will never have a problem. As such you as a buyer really have to ask if the up charge is worth it to you. Every buyer is in a different situation but for some classes of buyers AppleCare can be highly recommended.In this sense I often recommend that students looking for a device to get them through 4 years of college buy the extended warranty. However if you are a...
While I tend to agree with you, for some users an iPad would seem to be more powerful. Also everybody is looking at the CPU performance figures here which on,y tell part of the story. The large blob of RAM and the fast SSD can't be ignored when it comes to delivering a good user experience. I really think that some will be very happy with this machine; the people that in the past upgraded from an Air to a MBP, because the Air was slow, won't be.
I don't see it that way. You can't compare the machine rationally to a fan cooled machine. The machine can only be judged on its performance against other fanless solutions. That is one reason the comparison to Apples A series is so interesting.One of the reasons I suggest to people that they should avoid buying before the machine ships, is that we really don't know how the unit will perform under various workloads. It will be good enough for many certainly but others...
Who said it will have the same sheel? Further why does it make a difference?The interesting thing here is that if they are using capacitive technology, the feature might be backwards compatible with to older devices. Currently the capacitive panels already give Apple an idea of the contact area. That might be enough to support this technology right now.
But people do notice. They especially notice if that computer even appears to be slowing down whatever they are working on. I see this all the time at work. It depends upon the person of course but many quickly become frustrated with sluggish machines.One thing about this discussion that bothers me is that people are looking at this specific benchmark and condemning the machine before even evaluating it personally. The SSD and the RAM will leave this machine...
What do people expect. Clock rate is an important factor in performance and the base clock rate on these chips is slow.Now you know why so many of us would have rather seen an ARM based machine. This especially if the ARM chip was enhanced a bit over A8XActually I think the A8X power is about half of the Intel. Further the Intel chip can suck down far more than 4.5 watts.Actually I believe they could make a very profitable ARM based laptop in the $600 to $700 range.I...
I'm just the opposite here I find it perplexing that people claim that the performance or lack of wouldn't be noticed. I have to deal with all sorts of machines of varying vintages at work and performance is a very noticeable. Even the clerks, that know nothing about computers complain loudly if their machine seems slow on anyone day. If (it is a big if) performance is markably slow people will notice, it is a question of fell and sluggish is bad.Now at this point...
 Yeah right, you wan't this for evaluation :)  On the other hand this machine needs real honest evaluation by actual users.    This would put to rest some of the performance mysteries that this machine has.
Core M isn't awful, it is the result of customer demands and pressure in the industry to put i86 into fanless designs. If these numbers are to be believed then this chip set is offering about the same performance as an iPad Air 2 at about twice  the power.    That is actually pretty good for a i86.
 Better deals?   I'm not to sure about that, I will wait and see exactly what we are getting out of the machine.   I'm out of the market now, but I still find the technology in this machine to be very interesting.