or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I have to agree! Having had iPhone very early in the products life in can recall of several OS releases for iPhone that where absolutely terrible. Worst than my iPad running beta software right now. Sadly it took Apple months to fix up those releases too. So in many ways Apples beta software is better than some of the first software updates to the iPhine operating system.I actually think software is better because Steve is gone. You don't have demands being...
This is the big problem with watches, they tend to get in the way!Interestingly the pocket watch was a tool that was at one time as important to industry as the iPhone is today. The railroads literally ran their businesses through the use of the watches and well engineered timetables. In fact we have or had the term "railroad time" to indicate how important the watches where and of course the associated time keeping.I literally could never get into wearing a watch and...
Sooner or later you need to buy! There is significant truth in the idea that faster hardware is always just around the corner!Given that I would expect new hardware updates to come with the final release of El Capitan. This mainly because the combo of new hardware and El Capitan will be very impressive as far as feel and performance goes. So think fall.
The NVidia and AMD problem are as much a problem with the GPU designers as it is with TSMC. The GPU manufactures tend to want as much performance as is possible often pushing what is advisable design wise. Speaking of late, compared to Intel or Global Foundries, TSMC is very reliable of late.As to which process is "better" I really don't think it matters too much to Apple. Everything I've seen indicates that Apple focuses on yields not ultimate performance. If the...
Just because Intel can't do 19 nm doesn't imply others can't. Part of the problem with these transitions is chip complexity which is why RAM and flash producers are often ahead of other semiconductor manufactures in feature size implemented in their chips.Given that if Intel can continue to lower power usage at 14 nam it makes a lot of sense for them to do so.This has been an issue for some time as Apples demands at times have fully saturated Samsungs plants. In any...
If it is the same design you will get the same computational performance at a given clock rate. It is the clock rate that determines performance in a processor. It is pretty obvious too that Apple is having its chips built for maximum yields and not clock rate. So if all that Apple wants out of its SoC is 2GHZ it doesn't matter what the ultimate performance potential of any one process is as Apple isn't focused on the small percentage of faster processors that can...
Why? From the users standpoint one or the other wouldn't even be noticeable.
The problem is he article is bogus and filled with inaccuracies and probable misunderstandings. For example saying that an F stop of 2.4 is larger that one of 2.2 demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of photography, optics and the terms used there.I actually stopped reading at that point, skimmed forward a bit and then gave up as the article is garbage if you take anything literally.
I look at it this way, I can't even use my iPhone (as a cell phone) at work unless I step outside due to all of the concrete. I do use it extensively for notes and the like. So that is 40 + hours a week that the cell connection is useless, then you have 8 hours or so a day for sleep, the end result being the cell connection isn't a big draw for me. This especially as I prefer my iPad for mapping duties and other usages on the go.I don't think he knows either! I'd...
It was so bad I stopped reading a few paragraphs in!The article made about as much sense as comparing an axe with a chain saw. Each has its uses, you select the best tool for the job.