or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I would imagine that the electronics module is very expensive. Probably in the same range as a high end motherboard for the DIY computer crowd.
They sell 3 times more of these than Macs. That is not a dark could at all. Could the numbers be better - possibly but we don't know where the market is going with tablets.
I'm not sure I se this the same way Cook does. I bought a Mac this year because i had too. The old one from early 2008 died and certainly wasn't worth getting fixed. Would I have preferred a new iPad, certainly but the iPad 3 I have now is still functional and while a bit slow isn't that bad yet. Currently I use the iPad and the Mac in ways different enough to justify having both around but I can't justify spending cash on both at this time.That isn't...
Yet they sell 3 times as many iPads as Macs! I still see great potential here for iPad and other iOS devices, Apple just needs to tweak the program a bit. One element of that tweaking is a more open iOS for iPads. To be perfectly frank, the locked down nature of iOS, while good for iPhone, isn't all that good for iPad. As such I really would like to see them open up the device some.How would they open it up?Change over to a USB-C port. It makes good sense on...
This really isn't a surprise. Making that encapsulated electronics module isn't going to be cheap, at least not for the initial ramp up of production. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that tiny board costs more than a full size motherboard to produce.While taptic is certainly new technology for Apple and thus likely to cheapen over time as production is refined, it isn't isn't in my mind the most costly part of the watch or even relatively near the most...
Yeah like thinness has anything to do with the current iPhones being too big.Honestly I'm waiting for the day when iPhone and Apple watch are the same thing. Literally a Dick Tracy type watch. Something like that would go great with an iPad.
So why be so concerned about the age of other people phones?It is a very good sign and could point to even bigger sales of iPhone 7 or 8. It is just a matter of users waiting for a worthwhile upgrade. Honestly I never understood the most upgrade every cycle crowd, they strike me as desperate people.
It may seem low but it is also a good comment on the strength of iPhone in the market. The numbers mean huge sales to new customers.Beyond that why would one upgrade every year considering how nicely the iPhone has matured? I'm still running around with an iPhone 4. An upgrade isn't a priority for me due to having an IPad which in many ways is a better device than an iPhone for me. I'm not sure wha the next rendition of the iPhone will look like but i might be...
I think you guys mis the point of such reports. They are an estimate that covers the production of a piece. Think of it as the cost of a bag of parts that goes into an iPhone. R&D, overhead, marketing and other stuff doesn't come into play here. The only thing wrong with these estimates is that so few understand them that it is a pretty pathetic example of Americas educational systems.As for Tim Cooks comments - executives say a lot when they don't want to say...
I would hope so. I'd like to see Apple turn the economics of production and distribution upside down.They certainly could do better than the Sci-fi network. At least I would hope so as there seems to be a significant shortcoming with the way the smaller content producers and distributors think. FireFly is an example of rather thick headed thinking that I think Apple could over come.