or Connect

Posts by wizard69

It isn't that simple. If the product is an extension of iPhone it almost has to debut with iPhone. Beyond that the September reveal has never been just iPhone, I'm expecting a bunch if iOS surprises.
Baloney! How many duds did Apple have with Steve Jobs running things. Forgot about all of those didn't you?
It is sad you think that way. For one the leaks don't appear to be coming from Chinese teenagers at all. Second you seem to deny any value at all to generating these leaks.Sadly that is probably the case. The U.S. use to have an active watch industry, even an electronics industry.I agree with this, no iWatch for me unless it can help with my diabetes control. That can't happen unless it is an FDA approved device.Probably. It really depends upon how well...
Real work is running several apps at the same time. I can easily chock a machine by running XCode, Safari and ITunes at the same time. Part of that is RAM related which Air class machines do not address well but part of the issue is also raw processor performance. Sometimes you just need more cores or clock speed. This isn't render farm work but rather normal operation for some users.The problem with this rumored fanless design is that the rumored Abroadwrll chips...
It depends upon your expectations. For years I wouldn't even consider an Air due to the rather pathetic performance. Airs have gotten much better no doubt there. I'd be very tempted by a Broadwell powered machine, that is if Broadwell actually delivers on the hype. Beyond that I'm still wanting a quad core which I doubt will make it into Air with the next rev.The thing is this, I keep my machines for a very long time compared to some. Buying too low on the...
DigiTimes doesn't guess at anything. Read the publication a bit and you will find that this is just information that comes their way that they publish. Usually reserved for column space that might be seen as a rumor or gossip column. It is American publications like Appleinsider that try to elevate some of these articles to the status of researched news.
You hit the bullseye there. Any computer with a power profile to be fanless won't be a Mac with the expected performance profile. Essentially yo end up with a single tasking machine. This is why I often wonder if these rumors are really about an IOS based device.My experience with iPad tells me that iOS and the associated hardware can deliver a nice "laptop" experience if the expectations are low. Low in this case meaning single tasking interface for the most part....
Learn to read!With the several delays for Broadwell there is no certainty that Intel can deliver what they thought they could. Is that so hard to understand? Depending upon the severity of the production problems they may have to revisit Broadwells design. Or we may get stuck with lower clock rates than expected. The point is what we thought we would get a year ago might not be what we get if Broadwell ever ships.
All bets are off as to what Broadwell may or may not do. the fact that Intel has delayed so many times ma indicate issues with the Process or the Design. Possibly both. If they have to hack up Broadwell to get it to run on the new process who knows what performance will be like. As for You, either avenue you are free to follow. However if you don't need it don' buy it.
If we where lucky the move to Samsung would be for low power DDR4 RAM. It would be something to see next generation RAM technology in Apples IOS devices. Even if it is used just in iPad AIR.