or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Beyond that Apple has had plenty of problems with batteries all on its own.
It has little to do with faith.But they aren't. Apples A series matches M series for most uses. To compete with other Intel hardware they need more performance but that is only a clock rate bump away. Of course that sounds easier than it is but it isn't impossible.
The new Mac Pro will ship when all the hardware is inplace to make the upgrade worthwhile. You then have to define what is worthwhile. My position is that there is limited worthwhile hardware available at the moment. So no Mac Pro update until late in the year.
Apple will do whatever they want and what makes sense to them. As a buyer of an early 2008 MBP I know full well that new hardware could come this year. That is the potential is there, what actually happens is of course unknown. What I do know is that Apple had to ship something for the back to school season which is well underway. I can easily see new hardware coming out in the October/November time frame.As an aside Apple has to be extremely pissed off with Intel...
Honestly for Mac users I'd have to say your comments are BS. The vast majority of Mac users aren't buying their machines to game. The platform never seriously supported gaming and frankly still doesn't.I guess if your goal is to support gaming, an activity with zero interest in the Mac community, you might have a point.Compute on a GPU is Very interesting and frankly the results you get vary widely with the application. However simply having an integrated GPU gives...
That is not something that is unique to the transition to USB-C though. I have whole draws full of specialized to support past technologies. Most of them are useless these days. You are really complaining about the cost of doing business here and frankly you go after the technology you need new find a way to pay for it.Proof that even Apple can and does do stupid things.Hey how about taking my decades old SCSI cables off my hands? Ultimately the old hardware either...
Even today streaming only works because so few use it.
I haven't read any technical documentation yet but I really suspect that they are redefining the pins, much like ey do on the iPhine connector. It seems like they have removed the need for active cable at the lower TB speeds so they might have moved much of the electronics associated with that inside the users hardware.The final word will take some research though because the USB C port already has differential drivers defined as a supplement to the old tradional two...
This the concept of an active cable. The integrated circuits work to match the electrical environments to the protocol requirements a passive cable would do nothing. The same terminology is often used with optical cabling.
More bandwidth would certainly help but I really doubt that Intel or Apple will ever want to support this. The problem is that no mater how you look at it you are still interfacing over an extremely slow serial port so you will always loose performance relative to the state of the art GPU technology. We need to realize that DDR 4, HBM and other technologies are in the pipeline that will dramatically impact the performance of GPUs as we move forward into the future. ...