or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I know it is late but I just finished watching the keynote. It was better than average, and the content was about what I expected.Maybe for the consumer but if you have a technical bent or a job where you deal with technology, you need the ports. Watching the video I was enthralled with the technology that has gone into the Mac Book. The lack of ports and the relatively high price though are big put offs.Hell I've used three or four at a time at work. I have...
I have to agree, maybe not two,USB-C but at least one USB 3 equivalent port. As other have already stated there is just too much stuff out in the wild that floats around with the old USB interface.
More liken a disgrace!
Never was a myth! The last twelve year have been hell for people working for a living. During the Reagan years it was a far different story.I'm not saying the concept is perfect just that what has happened to working people over the last decade is far worst.
I think it is called filler. When you have no real news to report report gibberish! 😁😁😁😳
Code:I guess everybody has their own feeling for what good performance is. Personal experience and The no upgradability aspect of these machines demands that I point out my negative opinion of Apples base RAM allotment. Combine that with the wish to get more than a couple of useful years out of a Mac and 8GB becomes a minimal amount.As for Mac OS I'm really hoping that Apple puts serious effort into optimization and performance in the next couple of revisions. The...
Everybody has different expectations, but in general 4GB of RAM these days is a bad buy. Especially in a machine expected to be held for any length of time.You can disagree of course but doing so strongly is a mistake in my mind. The point is if you are buying a machine in 2015, with the expectation of keeping it for any length of time, you need have more than 4GB of RAM in the machine. This especially because of the inability to update that RAM.Honestly if you think...
The only way you will see a significant performance increase with Broadwell is if the clock rate is bumped up. Obviously Intel is going after other performance areas.Yep a good portion of the thermal advantage of 14 nm is going into GPU performance. A 50% increase should look really nice if they stick to the same resolution screens and may drive externals well. Personally for the targeted user base of the IPad Air this should be seen as a major update.No DDR4 sucks but...
Considering how Apple financed Sharp through bad times they pretty much own Sharp now. If not Sharp the plant that the displays are built in. In fact in some of the trades it has been suggested that the management at Sharp has been trying to regain control of the plant.
They may not move to USB C connectors but there are lots of advantages in doing so for the consumer. This especially if Apple became a bit more open with I/O on the IOS devices. Seriously which would you rather have a well supported interface that is likely to be used for decades by all manufactures of electronics or an Apple proprietary jack?It is probably wishful thinking at this point to beleive that Apple would migrate to a standized interface but realistically we...