or Connect

Posts by wizard69

How do you figure that. Apparently reading for content here is a problem, this story highlights an Intel release of new product in time for CES. Any comments about Apple are speculation.
Err no! This processor is a 15 or 28 watt device and as such is not suitable for a fanless Air. I'm not sure why AI screws this up so often.More importantly I'd rather see Apple find a way to plug one of the 28 watt devices into a MBA. The extra performance would certainly be welcomed. In any event what really impresses here is that some models now hover around 200GFlops performance DP out of the GPU. That is a huge milestone and should lead to far better MBA...
Actually one of the things I was hoping to see Apple do with TB was to produce a viable dock that would be a modern equivalent of the Duo. That is setup the laptops to be able to morph into a desktop via a connection over TB. Apple sort of accomplished this via their monitor but unfortunately that hasn't been updated recently. Apple does seem to drop the ball a lot they will be half way there with tech causing to wait for the next release only to have your hopes...
There is no such thing! That is why laptops come in a variety of sizes. I'm a heavy IPad user and at times have been frustrated that the screen is too small and at other times frustrated that it is too big. For example IPad is fairly big for use in the car. On the flip side it is rather small for the web and viewing technical drawings.You don't need optimized software for both. In many cases an IPad that better supported a keyboard would be ideal. You seem to...
I'm not sure why people stress over this. It is far too easy for Apple to win any lawsuit that would result from a theft like you describe.Depends upon the chip and what you mean by embed.I'd be far more worried about a third party trying to steal apples technology than Samsung.You also need to understand how Samsung is structured, the divisions are not tightly coupled. Further more, if I remember correctly Samsung's semiconductor business was in part built from a...
Well first I dnt think we will be seeing Apple switch all of its i86 products over to Arm anytime soon. The big issue here is software. They will not want to abandon the advanatge of being able to run just about any OS on their hardware. Given that, for many of us i86 compatibility is no longer an absolute requirement.So what does that all mean? If Apple does anything Arm based I suspect it will be marketed as a new product line. This to keep it clearly...
Like the poor performance of Intes new Broadwell M in these machines.Which means nothing really, you can't judge a machine that doesn't exist yet based on hardware on sale right now. This is my point, you really can't pass judgement on a device that doesn't exist yet.Nope I'm saying you have no basis to dismiss what Apple might make based on what is available now. Look at what happened with net books, everybody went low performance with these machines and frankly to the...
I'm waiting for Relic to admonish you about that statement.In any event what makes a Swiss Knife great is its utility. What is perplexing about these sort of comments is that everybody believes that Apple can't find a way to make such a machine work. Or that they can't come up with a completely different take on the mobile computing concept. Look at the number of year it took them to deliver the first iPad. The concept for iPad was hatched before the public even saw...
2016 for 10 nm is very optomistic.Apple currently uses the so called low power processes from Samsung and TSMC. A processor suitable for a Mac would likely change to a performance optimized process, this so that the clock rate can be boosted. In between you have the Air which might be feasible on the low power processes.It could add up to much more than $100. Intel has very fat margins on its processors. Beyond that Apple can save big bucks by precisely tailoring the...
Baloney, it isn't Apple but the entire industry that has had GPU problems. Every platform I know if gets continuous updates to GPU drivers to correct bugs in the GPU drivers, the various libraries making use of those GPUs and anything else that impacts GPU usage.It is beyond silly to try to characterize this as an Apple problem. It is rather a problem with the entire industry.