or Connect

Posts by wizard69

A couple of years ago I thought that was the answer, but now I'm pretty much convinced that it isn't the answer. The problem is that term limits would put a bunch of bozos in office with no idea about what is going on government wise. Experience can be useful if it is used ethically. The problem is how do you structure government to keep those elected on the path expected by the voting public.I don't know the answer to that. The democrats lost big time last...
In my estimation the Obama administration has made a considerable number of blunders that have put our future as a country in question. Each of these seems to be the result of a fundemantal misunderstanding of how the government can do good.The big one is the focus on green energy at the expense of nuclear fusion research. Not that green energy isn't important but rather it can never solve all of our energy needs as the country continues to grow.While I can't blame...
OK, tell me what percentage of the government budget goes for good. It certainly isn't the money spent on welfare which is obvious in any city you visit in America. Without question a good percentage, probably 50%, of our tax dollars are wasted every year, that is pathetic. Even federal institutions that might do some good waste much of the tax revenue allocated to them for massive staffs and wasteful infrastructure. The federal tax dollar is woefully in effcient in...
My god this is so damn simple I'm not sure why people don't grasp the problem.First find me a country anywhere that tries to tax foreign earnings of a company based in their country. As far as I know the USA is unique in this quest.Second, these earns are already taxed in the country of origin so effectively companies are being taxed twice (often at high rates in both countries) for these earnings.Third, this would effectively extend Americas tax system to the entire...
Are you really that dense? Look at what all the welfare money has done to our cities, effectively turning them into ganglands with people that have zero appreciation for the value of work. Your assumption that taxes do good in the current political climate is a gross joke that is frankly offensive.Beyond that do you not grasp the fact that this is double taxation in many cases on profits earned in another country. It is like Americans have lost a sense of history...
The curent reality in Washington is significantly different, a "public works project" would create a few highly paid government managerial jobs and very few hands on jobs. All one has to do is take a snap shot of the population in the Washington DC area to see how true this is. The problem with the government collecting more taxes is that nothing changes in Washington and very little of our money ends up being used constructively.Beyond that public works programs are...
If you are already paying a stiff tax in the country of origin, even a 6% tax on top of what has already been paid is pretty stiff. I really don't think people understand just how frustrating it is for corporations as Washington tries to imply companies are avoiding taxes which they aren't. Taxes have already been paid on earnings.
Code:There in lies the problem which many don't seem to understand, these profits are already being taxed. Maybe not at the same rate seen in the USA but taxes are taxes. To an extent I can understand paying taxes on money brought into the USA, but not at the rate being talked about here. In the end it is just another example of the unknowing and unethical nature of this administration. I'm not even sure it would stand up in US courts much less international courts.
I don't think most people care at this point, it is sad really. As a government we waste far too much money on "social" that does little to drive the economy and even less good for the people the taxes are supposedly helping. An economic crash of massive proportions is likely to happen if someone doesn't get a handle on this.The problem of course with no one caring is that even if a politico understands this there is little drive from the electorate to change things. ...
Actually this is a terrible idea, high taxes in general are a bad idea. But in many cases these funds are or will be taxed in the foreign locations anyways, effectively the companies get taxed twice. Beyond that if you had read the article the tax rate would actually go down.I'd be interested to know where you think the taxes ought to go because I suspect you want more "social" or welfare spending which is perhaps the worst way for the government to spend the taxes it...