or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I like the idea of building the Mini replacement right into a keyboard. It would be a bit retro but with today's chips it wouldn't suffer to badly performance wise.Given that Apple still needs a desktop machine that can handle server type duties and professional use. Professional being that class of pros that don't really need the Mac Pro but could use something better than the current Mini.
That isn't a concern. Apple needs the right product line up high revenues or not.I could see them holding off until Broadwell to deliver a more radical machine update. They may or may not bump the machine between now and then.Apple needs something passable as a server. It isn't just for traditional customers, Apples developer tools work well with a server.Honestly I never saw the Mini as a machine that at tracks switchers. In any event you are right most people...
The dead silence, the lack of rumors and the radical decline in desktop sales seem to indicate something is up. Poor desktop sales isn't just an Apple problem, the whole industry is suffering in that regard. I suspect Mini sales have declined as badly as Mac Pro sales have in the previous years. Like the Pro a refresh would help sales short term but long term the Mini doesn't have the niche that the Pro has. I can see Apple trying to refactor the machine one...
One thing about this video, it has to be fun to be operating one of those machines tearing down these buildings. 😃😜. On the other hand those buildings are coming down awfully easy for being in an earthquake zone.
This is very true, but even so the raw materials in glass are so cheap that the incentive simply isn't there.I think you will be surprised where much of that consumer glass ends up.The big ugly here is the hazardous materials that might have been missed.The problem with rebar is that it is embedded in concrete. Concrete waste Is often used for land fill, landscaping and the like because it is basically a rock.
I think it is more a matter of what glass is made of. Sand isn't exactly a rare element. Many communities don't even try to recycle glass. The various materials mixed in don't help the process either as you note.Beyond that anything highly recyclable in the building will be recycled, you can be sure of that. Especially copper wire, steel and the like.
Well you have a point there!Honestly I'm hoping the new Air means a new Mini is also coming.They still don't need an event. However it isn't even April yet so they could send out invitations to the media anytime now. Even so I don't see them getting all worked up over media events like they use too. Not for minor product tweaks they won't.
I don't see it. At least not now, the tags system is more of a distraction when it comes to organizing or finding things on your drive. Worst you would have to use it consistently. Imagine searching for a year old file where you forgot the tags applied to it. If nothing else a traditional file system allows you to narrow things by date.Or turn people's devices into hopeless messes that can't be navigated in traditional manners. I've yet to even use tags on my Mac...
Very doable. One reason I ofTen quote "laptop" when discussing this device is because I don't see it as traditional Apple laptop exactly. What exactly it would be is up to Apple but when people look at a Mac Book Pro this isn't the machine I imagine.I'm not sure this is required. It might work and there are certainly situations where it would be an advantage, but I have no problem at all with the using touch to slide or jump back and forth between apps. I works...
I need to run so this will be quick. I do believe though that people don't understand that Intels goal, probably pushed by Apple is chips suitable for tablets and other fan less devices. They really haven't made it there yet but it is a real goal.It is possible but I see it as a marketing nightmare. Keeping all Mac devices x86 for now keeps the natives from getting restless. I don't see the Mac brand going away, I just see an ARM based device encroaching on Mac OS's...