or Connect

Posts by wizard69

What is the basis for this ignorance? Somebody retiring doesn't mean a product goes away. It actually gives that product fresh opportunities as new minds take over.No it is time to stop with the ignorant knee jerk reactions to normal happenings at a corporation. People retire from work, some because they want too and some because they need too. Hell we just had a retirement at the palace I work and you know what business goes on and fresh minds make for...
Sure they are in the minority today, but you have to ask yourself why. Part of that in my opinion is a lack of vision on Apples part, you can't really expect that 4 year old design like the Touch (really much older, but the last major update is 4 years now) to sell well to consumers with a decent education.I see two big problems with the iPod line up. Apples lack of vision and an apparent unwillingness to experiment or innovate with new features. The other big...
An arguement can be made that Apples current situation with the iPod line up is directly due to taking focus off the product and failing to innovate with that product. It is absolutely asinine for Apple to be shipping Touch with such an outdated processor.That is certainly the case today but you should ask why! The why is pretty simple, an outdated iPhone is light years ahead of Touch performance wise. Such an iPhone also supports much of iOS that is new. These...
As opposed to Apple losing money due to low sales?Some of those listed features I would consider to be mandatory on any new device from Apple. Touch must go 64 bit for example and frankly the chips wouldn't cost Apple much more at this point. Frankly a decent camera upgrade wouldn't cost them much at all either. Given that I wouldn't expect an iPod refresh to mimic what is currently produced as that obviously has sales issues.So what would a refresh lead to? I see...
A decent gaming platform might not be a bad idea. That is add controls to make human input more dynamic. However I see the MiFi program and Apples lack of support for common communications protocols as a big detriment to wide adoption of these devices.The point here is that the MiFi program creates a huge amount of overhead if you want to implement something unique for an iPad / iPod Touch like device. That is external hardware supporting whatever you desire. Given...
I suspect Kuo is blowing hot air. Apple Pay has been very successful for Apple, I would imagine that they would want to get as much hardware as possible to the point of supporting Apple pay. That might mean a minor upgrade to the device but it would be an update none the less.
Wasn't the 6.x series a major rewrite of XCode. I seem to remember reading something like that on Apple developers sight. I know they did something right that gave me back a bit of performance on some old hardware.Unfortunately Apple seems to be following such a pattern with things beyond its IDE. You can almost expect an IDE to be less polished as it is oriented to programmers implementing new technologies. I'm more concerned about seeing more solid OS releases.
I guess it depends upon which versions you are comparing the IDE with. xCode in the 6.x series seemed to pick up some real performance advantages on old hardware. Before my MBP update I was actually fairly happen with the improved performance on old hardware.Unfortunately I haven't gotten into 6.x heavily instead using Eclipse to build a python project. However I have an idea or two for both platforms that will have me back on XCode. That and I really need to learn...
One interesting aspect with sandpaper is that "sand" paper comes in many forms and grit materials. Some of thes abrasives are far harder than the flint sandpaper common with wood workers.
I'd like to see FM support myself. There are still to many places in this world where you can't stream decently. Besides radio stations are very effective at getting critical news to local populations fast.