or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Like the poor performance of Intes new Broadwell M in these machines.Which means nothing really, you can't judge a machine that doesn't exist yet based on hardware on sale right now. This is my point, you really can't pass judgement on a device that doesn't exist yet.Nope I'm saying you have no basis to dismiss what Apple might make based on what is available now. Look at what happened with net books, everybody went low performance with these machines and frankly to the...
I'm waiting for Relic to admonish you about that statement.In any event what makes a Swiss Knife great is its utility. What is perplexing about these sort of comments is that everybody believes that Apple can't find a way to make such a machine work. Or that they can't come up with a completely different take on the mobile computing concept. Look at the number of year it took them to deliver the first iPad. The concept for iPad was hatched before the public even saw...
2016 for 10 nm is very optomistic.Apple currently uses the so called low power processes from Samsung and TSMC. A processor suitable for a Mac would likely change to a performance optimized process, this so that the clock rate can be boosted. In between you have the Air which might be feasible on the low power processes.It could add up to much more than $100. Intel has very fat margins on its processors. Beyond that Apple can save big bucks by precisely tailoring the...
Baloney, it isn't Apple but the entire industry that has had GPU problems. Every platform I know if gets continuous updates to GPU drivers to correct bugs in the GPU drivers, the various libraries making use of those GPUs and anything else that impacts GPU usage.It is beyond silly to try to characterize this as an Apple problem. It is rather a problem with the entire industry.
Split the company up and the Mac line would slowly decline.Silly yes but you don't have to run them full screen.This I agree with 100%. Apple put everything but the kitchen sink into ITunes and it has suffered significantly because of that. Music needs to move back into its own app at the very least.
What good would that do? You make an assumption first that NVidia doesn't have driver issues. The second assumption you make is that the problem is with something AMD supplied. We have no way of knowing right now who is responsible. Seriously it could be an OpenCL compiler bug for all we know.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple hold off on a Mac Pro update until late in 2015. The goal would be a new round of the latest Xeons and GPUs. By that time all new technologies should have stabilized and ideally prices will remain viable. If Apple does this, IE wait until late 2015 they will have a lot of new tech available to them such as DDR4, maybe even LPDDR4, new GPUs, TB3 and the like. Sometime in 2015 AMD is expected to start shipping their new RAM...
Price has nothing to do with it, it is impossible to deliver totally bug free drivers for things like video cards. That is why you see NVidia and AMD delivering new driver updates at regular intervals. Seriously if you haven't had to deal with a GPU driver bug in your lifetime you simply haven't tried hard enough. It doesn't matter what platform you are using eventually a driver bug will cause you problems.
Well stated! I'm surprised at the willingness to blame Apple for the failure of exactly one third party product on apparently one and only one video card option. Anybody with half a mind should realize that there is at least a possibility here that Apple has nothing to do with this failure.In a perfect world it would be nice to see Apple deliver drivers that can't be killed by third party users. However that is a lot harder to do than many imagine.The overwhelming...
Do you guys work part time as grave diggers. It is the only explanation for a thread this old being responded too.