or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Shocking isn't it?As to A8, rumor has it that Apples primary goal with A8 is to lower power usage so it is very possible that the next generation phones will have very good run times. I'm also expecting a split with more powerful A8X's going into iPads. The one chip does all strategy really doesnt work because one product or the other ends up compromised.
The problem is you don't know the implementation so you don't really know how many robots are required per line. Without better quotes it is just a guessing game as to what the output would be. I Actually think he was going out of his way to be a bit vague.I'd love to see how theses new production lines are implemented. Further I suspect the reason for the robot's is the likely hood of advanced "circuit boards" and other components not suited for human hands.
You are right about being grumpy, I blame that in part on running iOS beta on my iPad. It will be great if they every get the bugs out! For some reason it likes to crash on the Appleinsider forums too. Oh and spell check is actually worst then in iOS7!As for hate that isn't the case at all, I'm very amendable to Linux and other hardware. The thing is if I had the money required to buy some of these watches I wouldn't waste that money on a watch. Instead ID...
Not at all. Given that I only know one person well that regurally drives a BMW! She is married so it isn't a relationship that can develop.However your question is interesting because BWM does build functional cars that aren't technology dinosaurs. Their cars can actually be affordable and appeal to a wide array of owners. Contrast that with high end mechanical watches that are technology dinosaurs, are unreliable and have a very limited appeal.That is an...
This is one of the sad aspects of high end watches, marketing that has not basis in reality.
Swissy? IPad spell check doesn't handle that one!Given that why wouldn't you want Apple to do business in Switzerland? For the most part the companies Apple buys end up doing far more under Apples management and access to cash then they could do alone. This is why companies seldom fight a buyout by Apple as opportunities expand when brought into the fold.
I would tend to disagree here. Being Swiss made just lumps them into the same pile as all the other Swiss manufactures. Beyond that good watches use to be made in the USA, it isn't impossible for that to happen again.Switzerland is a very expensive place to do business. Even the base labor rate is sky high compared to the rest of the world.Interesting because just about all products these days source materials from different countries. There would have to be some...
It is very interesting but doesn't solve the "ship in the bottle" problem. That is how do you get your electronics inside the assembly? I would consider this more interesting than the molding together of the two parts which really isn't a huge advance for the injection molding industry. The question then becomes this, are the electronics already bonded to the screen before injection? Or is there a sub chassis involved and a simple band bonded to the sub chassis...
In your shadow could any watch be seen as being beautiful? Metal and plastic can not compete with grace and elegance.The flick was interesting but is that an actual shipping product? Until such a product actually ships and Apple's product ships, it will be hard to compare the two. Given that I suspect Apple iWatch will lean more towards the concepts alluded to in that video then some of the mock ups we have seen so far. I see no point in slapping an iPhone like...
More importantly 14 nm technology would have a huge impact on such a device. I'd suggest that an iWatch released this year would be proof of concept, much like the original iPad. That is unless they run 14 nm production of pilot lines this year.