or Connect

Posts by wizard69

If Apple is serious about the "Pro" name it would really help to have a more powerful operating system. This doesn't mean OS/X in my mind. It is the little things that "pro users" go for that makes sense. For example application scripting with a system common language is very useful. There are lots of little things that would attract more advanced uses if incorporated into iOS and its apps. Such features wouldn't turn the platform into a Mac OS.While I can't see...
Interesting comments!It wouldn't be if other platforms got traction in the marketplace.One of the problems I have with Apple is their neglect of a product that isn't meeting whatever goals they have in mind at the time. This neglect turns the product into a Has been before it even gets traction in the marketplace. IPad Minis last half assed upgrade is a perfect example of this and has the consequence of completely cooling sales.That is a good comparison but imagine...
Hardly. In fact I'm not sure where this idea that iPad is overkill ever came from as you are not the only one I've heard it from. IPad simply doesn't have the performance to run one of its primary apps well which in case you are wondering is Safari.The problem is we are talking entirely different markets here. IPad Air owners for the most part don't want a massive iPad. For big I can grab my laptop.Knowing a few businessmen I highly doubt that.
I really don't think Apple is that stupid.
This is very very true. Companies these day would rather higher what are effectively slaves than to higher experienced and capable individuals. The trend is to higher people on work visa or engineers straight out of school and then lay them off after a project is finished. I've seen this personally and it wasn't in a traditional tech oriented company.You hit upon an important point here, too many professional manager have no idea what the people they manage do. ...
I would imagine you would love it if it fits your needs. My concern would be that a significantly larger iPad would be harder to handle in the very mobile space.It could easily be an iPad Pro. I wouldn't expect an iPad Pro to follow exactly in the foot print of the current iPad.A shield not really, thin composites aren't that resistant penetration.The battery probably won't be a problem. Batteries do improve every year even if slowly. More importantly recent news...
Why A7? Seriously if Apple wants to continue these long upgrade cycles they should put a 14 nm processor in there to keep the Touch relevant for a couple of years. If it wasn't for Apple ignoring the platform I would of had one years ago.
Here is was thinking graphics orient professionals, especial ones that already use tablet interfaces in their work flows.Nope, iOS comes up short in many ways when I comes to being suitable for professional use. No system wide scripting support is a big problem for example. Then you have the lack of a shared file system to allow easy moving of documents between various apps. Related to this is the lack of a "Finder" like app to help manage those files.IOS 9 does...
The only context I have here is my iPad 3 and my 13" MBP. In that regard the iPad is far more portable than the Mac and usable in far more places. One can use the iPad easily in a car, the plant floor and a host of other places. Using something as large as a MBP in these cases is just awkward.The awkwardness of these devices is why I suspect the focus will be on professionals that can leverage the larger device to their advantage.
That is an optimistic price though I have to admit the whole product line needs a price adjustment. If Apples goal is to focus on the professional market with this device I suspect that they will have problems because iOS 9 simply isn't a big enough step forward for professional use.