or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I see this comment or similar all the time and I have to wonder if these comments come from people that can actually type on a keyboard.    A glass keyboard is useless if you can't keep your fingers in place relative to the home keys.    Any haptic feed back is after the fact and doesn't help with dealing with drift off the home position.  
It isn't a matter of trusting Apple, it is matter of different users having different needs.    I'm certain that the new Mac Book will be find for many of Apples customers but it won't meet my needs which is why I went with the 13" MBP. Further it isn't sniveling if you point out a critical missing feature.
Well no, the CPU can pull a significant amount of power. I'm not sure for example what the A8X is rated at but last I knew the CPU's could pull 2 watts or more of power when loaded. On the other hand I don't want to dismiss your statements completely because the displays can drain the batteries really fast if they are cranked up significantly. Thankfully that power draw is variable.The interesting thing here is if my iPad is running hot the first thing I check is...
You have me laughing to myself because I can remember the days when it too two guys to move a 25" TV. With all the power supplies, tubes and other goodies those TV's where heavy.   Today the TV's are deceptively light. I can't wait for the day when TV's are applied to wall like wall paper.
This isn't impossible. You have to wonder why so many are being hired, maybe Apple has a line on a next gen technology that they intend to introduce. There certainly has been enough research going one that appear to be implementable. The question would be which way does Apple go here.
Not to make light of things but Apple does need to sit back and optimize much of Yosemite. I have a brand new MBP 13" and I still get inexplicable beach balling. I'd understand if I was working the machine hard but it happens at the weirdest times and frankly I'm not sure why.For sake of conversation we can call the next Mac OS major release Joshua Tree. So what I'm hoping to see in Joshua Tree is Apple focusing on optimizations. That would mean enhanced video...
It is interesting that most of the comments so far have been about the new photos app. Frankly I'm not surprised. Apples view of the net certainly doesn't reflect my reality, as such I have little faith in cloud based services replacing local storage. Backups maybe, file resources for friends and the like certainly but the cloud is no place to store vast quantities of data like is represented by most photo collections. Even if the bandwidth is there the reliability...
Instead of looking at GHz numbers consider instead percentage of performance increase. If the Pro ran 25% faster of 50% faster would you go for it.You don't even know what A9 would contain. Maybe A9 is an A8 with the cellular modem hardware built in. The point is Apple may stress other features over a raw performance upgrade.It may be a side upgrade but you don't know that yet. All Apple would really have to do is up the power budget a watt or two to get a sizable...
It has been in development for a long time. I wouldn't doubt that some prototypes have A7 CPU's in themMaybe it is expected to ship at WWDC time frame!You assume the same exact implementation which I seriously doubt would happen. For example offering 4 GB of Ram is a real option to give the poor extended features. Make that LPDDR4 RAM and you will get a performance boost right there. Note too that Samsung is supposedly shipping LPDDR4 RAM right now. People...
Yeah highly unlikely these are positions for things shipping in the fall. Interestingly it does point to a bright future for iOS devices.