or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Hey Marvin The one thing that really rubs me the wrong way about wireless charging is how do you use it in the field. That is away for the nice level environment of a desktop. If you need to be within a few centimeters of a "pad" it will be very cumbersome.
Bad voodoo, the Osborne effect and all of that! Basically it is bad business practice to announce something that can't ship relatively soon. There are exceptions to the rule of course, but it the product would impact current sales premature announcements can kill current sales.I wouldn't be surprised if some developers already are involved in a prerelease program, it would have to be kept secret though. As for beta months, all months are beta, you assume that...
I can see Apple dropping USB-A even if I don't want them to do so. Apple has never cared much for legacy compatibility so users like me that would benefit from an old port or two get screwed.
I'm not sure what you are talking about here. I've seen nothing in this thread that is out in left field.The world has always had men like this and frankly their insecurities aren't directed at woman only. Generally such men are insecure because they know they don't have the mental chops to compete with smarter individuals. Thus they create a hostile environment and direct that energy at the people they see as a threat. It is the same stupidity that fuels racism...
You left out the willingness to sitin a chair for hours on end. One of the reasons I never pursued a career in programming is the ball and chain that is the keyboard and monitor.This idea that there is a shortage is largely overblown. It comes down to corporations trying to drive down costs by finding cheaper labor. It is a pretty duscusting practice because programmers are the key to progpfits at many of these corporations.Case in point, I was talking to a department...
This is what perplexes me more than anything, woman have been programming since the dawn of the industry. At one time it was literally considered to be woman's work.Part of the issue here may be that woman have more job options in the USA. I just don't see a concerted effort to keep woman out of the tech workforce.Generally companies aren't. However some men can be and frankly in the cases I've seen it is due to their own insecurities. In other words males without...
I don't understand this mentality either. Having known more than a few woman involved in tech, not a one of them needed any help being successful. Of course these are older woman, I'm 55 to give you an idea here, that grew up in an age where you took responsibility for yourself.This is really just an example of the current mentality in the country. People that can't get ahead, usually due to being stupid, blame other for not helping them. Crap really. Right now...
I just don't see wireless power ever being mainstream for a performance laptop. Trying to do 75 watts of power transfer wirelessly seem to fly in the face of what I know about electronics.I'm not sure how you make the connection here as I don't see wireless data as even related to SD technology.This might be OK at home or a small office but in a corporate environment I would see bandwidth and interference being an issue. Wireless displays just remind at because we can...
I don't have much of a crystal ball here but I will bite anyways.In the Mac Book Pro this is doubtful. Mainly because the last set of controllers from Intel only supported two ports.They will likely drop this completely. In fact I would expect 4 TB 3 ports before I'd expect to see both TB 2 and 3.Yep, I don't expect the old type ports to go away all that fast, especially on desktops. I just don't see the market abandoning the cheap port for things like mice,...
We Understood.I'm not sure how this idea that these new technologies will result in not loosing work. By definition a kernel panic means that something is wrong with data or code and as such you have no assurance that you would get back to your data. In fact your data would be less secure in such a system, if it isn't backed up in secondary store.Plus such systems would require dramatically updated operating systems. Given that there are advantages especially for...