or Connect

Posts by wizard69

It is a great compute node where a laptop won't work.A good portion of the switching world had gone iOS.Upgradeability has little to do with suitability for a hobbyist. Defending upon what your hobby is though the Mini is a great little machine. It is still an excellent HTPC for example.Interesting because I don't think that internal power supply is a problem for a server. Apple buys decent power supplies that last a long time. The problem with the internal supply...
It is a short coming because of reality, it is not a perception. Many users, including myself could make use of an extremely small laptop if it didn't have this designed in limitation. It is exactly the same problem that held back Mac Book Air sales when the machine first came out.Yes I know that but that just means that Apple has fewer people to sell the product to. Besides we aren't talking about all of those ports we are talking about two USB-C ports instead of...
That would be a good number as I think 85 % of Apples users are smart enough to realize the value of a local backup.I don't know about that, I just went through a strange issue with my IOS update yesterday where the table wouldn't sync over the net with the iBOOKS app. Something goofy happened and eventually I had to sync via iTunes. Sometimes things just don't go as planned.That may be so but that isn't an ideal situation. Syncs and backups to a local storage...
Block all you want but there is nothing rational about leaving your machine vulnerable to known exploits. It is prime example of stupidity.You really need to read what YOU post and then think a bit about the reactions you get. The reactions are not unreasonable at all. Leaving your machine vulnerable to known exploits is bad for you, but it is also bad for the net as a whole.
The fix is pretty damn clear upgrade to Yosemite and get over your Luddite fears. It is totally asinine at this point to skip upgrading. Frankly it is a lot more than this security fix that will benefit you.
When a clear description of the problem and its danger is so vividly presented and it is ignored, then yeah that tis stupidity! As for flaws Yosemite got rid of many flaws form previous releases just like every Apple OS update that has come along. Sure it has imperfections just like any OS but it also has plenty of refinements. If you just look at the negatives you will never see the positives.
Also this is na initial release of Photos, it will very likely improve over time like most Apple apps.This is especially true considering how many bugs have been squashed in the latest release and along with those dead bugs, performance has improved in many aspects.Well maybe not, I don't wish having someones machine rooted on anybody. However the stupidity that seems to come along with the Luddite crowd can make me change my mind.
The problem is for many they like the basic concoct but can't put up with the stupidity of the single port. I'd be personally more interested if the charger had broken out some ports but apparently they couldn't see value in that.That should in fact do that, especially considering that the processor will speed step to a much higher frequency than the ARM processor Apple is using. Apple could benefit from speed stepping technology them selves or simply bump up the clock...
It isn't a delemma, it is a real short coming of the device.The problem here is that a lot of people will be interested in such a computer, if it simply supported enough I/O to remain flexible to their needs. Even Google was smart enough to put two USB-C ports in their latest.Certainly, but you should be able to grasp the frustration this machine produces in people. If the machine didn't give up so much functionality it would have been a great machine for people...
That would be an excellent processor for the Mac Book Air. The Mini needs a 35-40 watt processor. At the top end a quad core is mandatory.Moving to an SSD would be ideal. The performance benefits are outstanding. Frankly I'd prefer an SSD to a high end SoC.