or Connect

Posts by wizard69

There is nothing to prove here, it is well known that consumers become very very dissatisfied with a product if they can't do what they expect to be able to do with said product. At 8GB it doesn't take much more than a couple of apps to greatly reduce the usability of iPhone. If a few minutes of picture taking fills up an iPhone that will lead to unhappy customers.Beyond that there is an element of a ripoff here. The reality is that there is only a minor difference in...
Not to mention that the cost differential is almost non existent. 8GB of flash is chump change these days. Apple would have to accept lower margins to make the model significantly cheaper. Then they would have to deal with consumer dissatisfaction.About the only place I could see this working is in the corporate issues phone market where limited flash might be seen as a feature.Exactly 8GB isn't even suitable for low end mainstream users.Yep.Considering how far the...
Baloney, even Samsung has had to struggle with the sales of their large devices. The so called pent up demand comes from a few loud whiners and not the general populace.Nope. I've always promoted the idea that Apple needs at least two iPhone solutions. As such they would name the devices accordingly, just like they do with iPads (Mini & AIR).Why would the glut be any bigger than any other iPhone release. You have primed your mind with the notion that everybody wants...
I call BS on this one. Personally my iPhone 4 already takes up a lot of space in my pocket. The only way I'd even consider a larger screen device is if it fit into a smaller form factor. With the advent of iPads I simply don't need or want a device bigger than my iPhone 4. In fact I'd rather go back to iPhone 3 sized devices. If Apple does enter this large device market I suspect they will be coming in on the trailing edge of a fad. That is not good for...
You really should start reading the publication. Just because a phrase or two gets blown out of proportion to what is actually said in an article published by DigiTimes doesn't mean the publication is crap. As far as I can tell DigiTimes has never said with certainty that Apples tablet is on hold. You should be more upset with Appleinsider for attributing something never said to DigiTimes.
I use to believe that! Well when it came to computers, now I want to spend that money in different ways.It would be a worthwhile addition if Apple has only Haswell refresh this year from Intel.
I look at 4K as new technology that the community hasn't gotten a good grasp on yet. Thus I'm conservative when it comes to suggesting that today's integrated GPUs are able to deliver a good user experience. I'd feel much better being able to actually use a 4K screen for a bit.Backup solutions being one thing people neglect.On the other hand my big problem with GPUs is that performance here is discounted even though Apple and developers continue to leverage the GPUs...
Hey now I always liked the form factor of the Mac Plus. The portability of the new Mac Pro kinda reminds me of that machine. Obviously the screen isn't included and there is a massive difference in performance but the idea of a desktop class computer that travels well has always been a positive with me.In fact Apple could stuff an LCD into a similar box and I'd be willing to invest in one. With modern chips performance would be good. Of course much of the...
People lug 15" laptops around all day, for many a 12" iPad would be a huge improvement.
I don't follow GPUs like I use to, mainly because most of the discrete chips out there now are good enough for my needs. Integrated GPUs are right on the edge of being good enough also. Well at least until 4 K displays become affordable.It would have been most interesting to be a fly on the wall when Apple started discussions about their new Mac Pro concept with AMD and NVidia. I suspect AMD was more willing due to the need to extend credibility to their GPU line up. ...