or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I would hope so. Apple would make me a sad Panda if they wasted a bunch of land mass for all of those solar panels.
Drop the discreet GPU and you come closer to the price of a Mini. I think your prices highlight though the futility of building your own for a cost savings. It is great fun having built a few Linux machines in my time, but even back in the day it wasn't a huge savings in the final cash laid out.One thing to look out for is that the smaller SSDs can see a huge performance difference between them and something like a 512 GB drive.Don't forget shipping! If you can't get...
This machine is so pathetic. Not so much the RAM but rather the processor chosen for the machine. Soldered in RAM is actually a good thing for reliability, coupling it with a slow poke of a processor isn't a good thing at all. Maybe Apple is looking down the road towards Broadwell in this machine. One other thought, Safari for Yosemite should be a massive improvement in performance so maybe this machine won't feel so bad for its primary usage. Even on iPad, Safari...
Completely no but i can see them offering an iOS based device that s. cross between an iPad and a laptop.That isnt accurate at all, thoug it is very dependent upon the code base. For many developers, using good practces, it is a matter of throwing a switch and having XCode target a new archtecture. in the case of iOS we are effecitvley already doing that. build an app to run on Apples simulators and it is essentiallynrunning i86 code.Most certainly! An iOS based...
I have a feeling it will be selling in that price range fairly quickly.
Well you do get slightly better construction, but yeah in the end ripoff machines.
Most likely it is a preference for reliability.
Unless of course you are type A and then nothing is fast enough.As to office even those apps can get bogged down. Speaking of money, I'm expecting heavy discounts this holiday season, for the most part this machine is over priced. That may be intentional to give them room to run promotions and the like.
Somebody with $1100 in their pocket but not $1300.
That is a two edge sword. 8GB isn't that bad at all. However it does mean value will drop faster than on some other Macs.All in all I'm not impressed. I hope they don't expect this to replace the Mini.