or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Not to mention that the Air actually has real industry standard ports that are accessible easily by programmers/users.
The sweet spot is adding more RAM without a negative when it comes to power draw. LPDDR4 RAM ought to allow Apple to double RAM in the iPhone without a negative impact.By the way the upgrade from 512 MB of RAM to 1GB had a massively positive impact on the iPad. It went from a proof of concept machine to something far more usable and with reasonable staying power. I like to buy hardware that leave me confident that it will be useful for at least a few years.In the case...
It has nothing to do with Windows! It has to do with understanding how iOS works.Nobody complains because those that know better game on a PC built for that purpose.Exactly! Developer have to work within the limits of the device and this is the problem the device doesn't have enough RAM for advanced apps.That is a bit of baloney. Many modern iPad games for example can't run on older iPad hardware.
Many people are just gullible. I've held off upgrading my iPhone simply because the lack of RAM rubs me the wrong way. It is a very real case of Apple being stingy at the detriment of its customers.The iPad is another matter altogether you really need 4GB of RAM on that machine if some of the rumors about future iOS capabilities are true. In general though I have to wonder just how people are using their iOS devices if they believe 1GB is enough, like I said...
This sounds like reporting from the "Luddite Daily Recorder".The direction is always forward, if you don't keep moving you get bypassed. As for software that won't run I'm still running an iPhone 4, lots of modern software doesn't run there. Would you insist that Apple not add new feature just so my old phone can run those new features? I hope not.What you don't seem to realize is that the lack of RAM is a serious problem on iOS devices especially the iPhone. Even...
Anybody with a clue when it comes to computer technology realizes that iOS devices need more RAM. If I phone adds more RAM Apple wouldn't need to advertise the fact as the news would spread like wildfire.
Did somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed?Actually A9 has huge potential if it makes it to 14 nm. It might not be improved in the way you want but 14 nm could allow Apple to integrate much of the external circuitry now seen on iPhone motherboards. This would lead to lower power usage, increased space for battery and flash and greater performance.Eventually iPhone will become a mature product line and you won't see massive improvements. Once you hit 12 mp...
It has nothing to do with Apple there is nothing available from their suppliers to make a worthwhile upgrade. The Mac Pro is a workstation that sells to professional users who aren't about to swap out a machine for a minimal upgrade. The market the Mac Pro sells into is not the same market that is composed of tweak era that upgrade every six months for a 2% performance delta.Honestly I don't even know why you bother to post, the Mac Pro is not an iPhone and it certainly...
Customers would love an alternative to Intel that is at least competitive. Intel needs the pressure of competition to remain reasonable.The thing here is that Apple could slot an AMD APU in the Mini and get similar performance at the expense of higher wattages. It tells needs to lose a few design ins to achieve a change in attitude.Well not exactly, Intel was forced to allocate a huge amount of die space to Graphics. Interestingly this is a direct result of AMD...
The fact remains there isn't anything at the moment to produce a worthwhile update. In the case of the Mac Pro a GPU update is just as important as a CPU update so Apple really needs a complete solution.As it is I really have to wonder if Mac Pro sales have been enough to focus Apples interest. If we get an update every 2-3 years we will likely be doing good in the future.