or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Not to make light of things but Apple does need to sit back and optimize much of Yosemite. I have a brand new MBP 13" and I still get inexplicable beach balling. I'd understand if I was working the machine hard but it happens at the weirdest times and frankly I'm not sure why.For sake of conversation we can call the next Mac OS major release Joshua Tree. So what I'm hoping to see in Joshua Tree is Apple focusing on optimizations. That would mean enhanced video...
It is interesting that most of the comments so far have been about the new photos app. Frankly I'm not surprised. Apples view of the net certainly doesn't reflect my reality, as such I have little faith in cloud based services replacing local storage. Backups maybe, file resources for friends and the like certainly but the cloud is no place to store vast quantities of data like is represented by most photo collections. Even if the bandwidth is there the reliability...
Instead of looking at GHz numbers consider instead percentage of performance increase. If the Pro ran 25% faster of 50% faster would you go for it.You don't even know what A9 would contain. Maybe A9 is an A8 with the cellular modem hardware built in. The point is Apple may stress other features over a raw performance upgrade.It may be a side upgrade but you don't know that yet. All Apple would really have to do is up the power budget a watt or two to get a sizable...
It has been in development for a long time. I wouldn't doubt that some prototypes have A7 CPU's in themMaybe it is expected to ship at WWDC time frame!You assume the same exact implementation which I seriously doubt would happen. For example offering 4 GB of Ram is a real option to give the poor extended features. Make that LPDDR4 RAM and you will get a performance boost right there. Note too that Samsung is supposedly shipping LPDDR4 RAM right now. People...
Yeah highly unlikely these are positions for things shipping in the fall. Interestingly it does point to a bright future for iOS devices.
You seem to have a problem with what many of us see as obvious. The Mac Book pulls concepts from the tablet space, that doesn't make it a tablet but you can't deny that it draws upon the tablet world. Consider the minimalist mother board, the single port, the design optimized batteries, thinnest and other features that where first seen in the tablet world.Everything about this machine tells me they applied what they learned in building tablets to it. It is still a...
It would mean laptops (mostly) with tailored made SoC technology.Look at it this way a SoC is effectively the equivalent of a printed circuit board from the 80's to 90's time frame. It is where engineers now glue their unique designs together. Instead of designing a printed circuit board and a few custome chips to realize most of your platform, you instead design a SoC much like Apple has with the A series chips.Now why would Apple want to do this for a Laptop? It...
It is more than a notch up. You need to do some research here, this is a Broadwell based processor.
That is a tough question to answer! Apple has already demonstrated impressive ARN 64 bit performance right out of the gate with A7 and A8. Considering that the performance is impressive and frankly more than a year ahead of generic ARM solutions I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Apple overhaul the architecture significantly for 14 nm. This would mean faster cores per clock, better interprocessor communications and faster RAM interfaces. It has been three years now...
The problem with this sort of statement is that people don't realize that Steve had no choice in the matter when he returned. By some estimates the company had only 2 months left before failure. The axe was swung because he had no choice and need to cut expense significantly.The unfortunate thing with Steve or maybe the good thing depending upon your perspective, was that he was highly focused on new products or the future. This was never a good thing and resulted in...