or Connect

Posts by wizard69

We Understood.I'm not sure how this idea that these new technologies will result in not loosing work. By definition a kernel panic means that something is wrong with data or code and as such you have no assurance that you would get back to your data. In fact your data would be less secure in such a system, if it isn't backed up in secondary store.Plus such systems would require dramatically updated operating systems. Given that there are advantages especially for...
If PCM actually works out for Intel they most likely would have to sell it to the market at large. I don't see them being able to keep it X86 only. Further I really don't see the tech as compelling especially in relation to other technologies in the pipeline.Consider this: it took flash decades to become the solid state technology of the era. I don't see these technologies taking over that quickly as it will take the market awhile to decide which is the best avenue to...
Now that brings back memories. I also remember what a huge investment that hardware was back then.
Interesting question. I would have to say the ones closely related to Latin but I haven't downloaded the font set yet.Kanji wouldn't make sense to me even if it was San Fransico. You have to understand the characters before readability comes into play.
Well it can't hurt!! Mac has had the worst 3D drivers for ages now. In some cases open sourced Linux drivers perform better.The quad core drop was a huge mistake on Appes part. I would imagine it truncated sales rather significantly. A 4k monitor shouldn't be a problem though it might not be snappy.By the time ElCapitan ships we should have Skylake hardware to run it on. That might lead to a 100% improvement over the old machines and drivers.The biggest boner for...
Draw what you will the ability to create lists really sets Notes apart from the past for me.
Imagine iPad transitioning to USB-C this year, with full TB support! If Apple gets to 14 nm this year those high speed ports are very possible. The problem then becomes getting the GPU to keep up. I could see Apple side stepping massive performance increases of the past to integrate far more functionality on the SOC.Seems like a reasonable approach to help drive acceptance of iPad and keep the market off balance. Imagine a port with performance on a par with TB 3...
Actually iOS 8 multitasks fine if you can live within what is currently exposed to the user. IOS 9 stands to improve things some but we are talking great strides in capability here.You point about the Mini is interesting though. I have a hard time seeing the Mini completely being replaced by a tablet. There are simply things in life better solved with a more traditional computing environment. Demand from consummers will certainly shrink, especially if Apple gets...
This is on a ElCapitan machine, but I recently had the machine doing a HomeBrew update while viewing some of the WWDC flicks. On a new MBP 13" that activity would drain the battery very fast, loosing a percentage point every few minutes. Brew was building Haskel and a bunch of libs at the time so all four hardware threads where completely loaded.The point is battery life can be significantly shortened with common usages. In the norm a laptop is seldomed loaded to this...
Actually I thought PA was where Pages, Numbers and Keynote are developed. Seem to remember something about a software development team someplace in PA.