or Connect

Posts by wizard69

It would mean laptops (mostly) with tailored made SoC technology.Look at it this way a SoC is effectively the equivalent of a printed circuit board from the 80's to 90's time frame. It is where engineers now glue their unique designs together. Instead of designing a printed circuit board and a few custome chips to realize most of your platform, you instead design a SoC much like Apple has with the A series chips.Now why would Apple want to do this for a Laptop? It...
It is more than a notch up. You need to do some research here, this is a Broadwell based processor.
That is a tough question to answer! Apple has already demonstrated impressive ARN 64 bit performance right out of the gate with A7 and A8. Considering that the performance is impressive and frankly more than a year ahead of generic ARM solutions I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Apple overhaul the architecture significantly for 14 nm. This would mean faster cores per clock, better interprocessor communications and faster RAM interfaces. It has been three years now...
The problem with this sort of statement is that people don't realize that Steve had no choice in the matter when he returned. By some estimates the company had only 2 months left before failure. The axe was swung because he had no choice and need to cut expense significantly.The unfortunate thing with Steve or maybe the good thing depending upon your perspective, was that he was highly focused on new products or the future. This was never a good thing and resulted in...
Baloney. You don't have to use Adobe products to achieve what is listed above.
So?I mean really how many people really care about standby times beyond a couple of days? A handful maybe but stand by time is only useful if you don't use the computer much, because if you are regular user on battery power you will need to recharge daily.Don't take this the wrong way. My 2015 13 MBP has amazing stand by time itself having sat for 12 hours so far with minimal battery drain. That is great because it means IPad like usage convenience. However I...
I see the new Mac Book as a new product for Apple. I don't see the MBA going away anytime soon though they morph a bit.Why would they draw down the inventory on the 13" MBP? I just purchased one and frankly I'm impressed with the machine. It has all the capabilities I and many others need that simply aren't there in a Mac Book.
It is their fear of file based system access that worries me the most. It is just extremely frustrating on the iPad and frankly I don't think they will ever get iCloud right.The pricing is easy to understand. People forget just how expensive the original Airs where. In a nut shell the high price does several things for Apple. One it moderates sales which is always good with a completely new product. Second it pays for the development of the new technology and...
You do realize that the MBA has been out for a long time now. Further in its introductory form it was very laptop like in its construction.That was due to being derived from the techniques associated with cell phones not the MBA as it was back then.I really think you are missing the point. The new Mac Book has many concepts derived from tablets. I don't think anybody seriously sees it as a tablet just that it has a feature set similar to a tablet. There is a big...
The new Mac Book is tablet "like" in its engineering. I'm not sure why people have issues with such statements, it is simply trying to ground the conversation with a reference to things people are familiar with. It doesn't mean that the Mac Book is a tablet at all. Clearly the customization of the batteries and the mother board derive from Apples experiences with tablets and phones.There is zero need to dual boot, an ARM based Mac could run IOS apps in a Window with...