or Connect

Posts by wizard69

This is good to hear as the forum really needs your unique grace and wisdom! Beyond that your sense of humor fills my heart with desire! Desire for a good laugh!It would seem to be a no brainer for Apple. Maybe they are waiting for better hardware that allows for containment of costs while delivering far better performance.
The problem is the iPad is very expensive relatively.There is little profit if you go with Intel hardware with conventional expectations. However if you go the AppleTV route you drastically cut hardware costs with your profits coming from apps and media sales. Really it is just an extension of what they are doing now with AppleTV. Further it isn't much different than what happens with gaming consoles.Where does that come from? I don't see people knocking down...
Relic - good to hear from you!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒUnfortunately this is a market that Apple misses outs on completely. Sadly they could nail that market with a few enhancements to AppleTV. Give Apple TV the capability to use a keyboard in conjunction with user apps (an App Store) and these single purpose uses would be covered in an inexpensive platfrom.I'm actually sitting here thinking that Apple has something up its sleeve iOS device wise to address this issue sort of market...
This could easily happen with A8 this year! It all depends upon what is important to Apple with A8, if they go after lower power maybe we won't get a laptop chip. If they go after performance, that is add more cores and beef up I/O we just might see portables and a Mini replacement. I don't see Apple undermining their i86 product line though, so IMacs and Mac Books would remain i86 for awhile.Think of these devices as a new category that is neither Mac Book nor...
I don't Know about that. Lots of fluff doesn't make for an engaging article. I was waiting for the big reveal of the internals of the A7 and all we got was more fluff and strung along. The article would have been great if it actually was able to describe A7's internals a bit.
I'm really hoping that A8 addresses the memory bandwidth issues seen on iPad. I really don't care about iPhone, hell im still running an iPhone 4, but iPad could use a lot more performance. Faster RAM, more RAM more flash and faster flash would do much to enhance the platform and frankly Apple could deliver that with minor tweaks to A7.
So you are happy paying any where's for half a dollar to a dollar + for a linear foots worth of label? this is perhaps the biggest negative with these label printers and frankly is why I have any negatives feelings at all about the printers!Exactly a huge win over those sheets. I have a P-Touch at home and at work (which is effectively the same concept), and they are extremely useful devices as long as you don't go hog wild printing. It is easy for the printed...
This is good to know obviously. However they review answered almost none of the questions I would have been interested in seeing answered, thus it does appear to be a bit of fluff.For example if you are intending to use this in a business setting barcode support can be very useful in a label printer. The other question that pops into mind is access from an iOS device via a custom app, can it be done via iOS's built in printing capability or via an SDK? In the end...
That is the first thing that came to my mind. These modern labels printers are great, if you have ever used a P-Touch it gets to be habit forming. This printer has a lot of potential but frankly the review came up a bit short. The thing I want to know is are we stuck with the Epson app on iOS or can we use it as a generic iOS printer Here is the thing, there are man up ways in which one could leverage this printer with your own apps (think business here) but...
I have no idea what Apples sales will be like, however if some of the rumors are to be believed I don't even see how it is remotely possible for Apple to sell this watch for$150 as some have suggested. Some of the rumors imply really advanced electronics packaging that in and of itself is expensive. Beyond that I can see Apple reaching for Gross margins that exceeded all previous products to match what is seen in the jewelry industry. In other words I'd be shocked...