or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I have to agree with this. One important feature here is that Jobs was a showman more than anything. It was his ability to put on a show and sell products and concepts that really pulled Apple out of some very tough times. His keynotes inspired confidence in the critical third party developers and just as much inspired confidence in the user base. I'd go so far as to say that if it wasn't for Jobs keynotes I don't think Apple would have recovered in the way it did...
After reading this thread I really have to wonder if anybody here is actually a capable tech oriented person. You should be able to identify which side is up with 100% reliability on a USB connector. The standard specifies where the USB icon is to be stamped on the connector housing. Even if that isn't there you can identify by looking at the metal housing.Honestly I'm only half way through this thread and frankly it is the biggest bunch of bull crap I've read in a...
Yep! For me it is the machines biggest turn off Performance is also an issue but rev 2 will deal with that.
Just did that 1.5 GB. It took all night with the last time i looked the Mac indicating 9 hoursDo realize though that once USB is significantly faster than hard disks it won't matter
Ah yes the jams! Type writer repair was a decent occupation as the machines required maintenance which many users where not prepared to do.The IBM Selectrics was as much a part of IBMs success in business as was its computers. Those typewriters where everywhere and had a big impact on the typewriter industry. I would liken them to the iPhone of the typewriter industry.Actually it is history. I get involved (travel to) in mechanical modeling and small engines...
Nope. I thought about that long and hard too, trying to project my expect usage into the next five years. It is obvious that 4 GB wouldn't be enough RAM, however 8GB should get me by. There is also the reality that in a couple of years I would expect computer systems to have advanced significantly to the point I might want an upgrade.The problem is Intel has put the CPU on the back burner while bringing its GPUs up to speed. Nothing wrong with that as it allows me...
Much of the design of keyboards is a direct result of what was common in the type writer days. Part of the arrangement is also to reduce interference from commonly used letter combinations. A lot of people these days think of IBM Selectrics when they think of type writers but that was actually an advance design for a type writer. Before that type writer had all the letters on individual levers as you describe. Each lever flew up to the paper to tap its character...
That would depend upon the color of the backlighting. You might note that many of Apples aluminum designs have had LED indicator lights in the chassises that where perfectly usable. Get the right color and tone and complaints will be minimal.As for the return key, the large key there is a hangover from a very long time ago when it was used to mechanically return a type writer. It would literally release the carriage to fly back and as a result was a more demanding...
This would be an issue with current Mac architectures but do realize that could change. The Bluetooth interface chip for instance could monitor for a power on signal triggering the startup of the rest of the computer. We could also consider the possibility that Macs, especially laptops will soon always be powered on like an iPad. The power on button could effectively be a wake up button.The always on laptop is a real possibility these days. I'm surprised by how...
I'm all for diversification but im left feeling Apple is forgetting how large the USA is! There are plenty of places in the USA that could use some development.