or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Look again, only one is labeled as an image sensor. That doesn't mean the other sensors aren't contributing to the image just that it isn't clear what they are all doing. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find at least one dedicated to stabilization.I suspect that the design is one of those win some, loose some designs. A larger optical path may lead to more light transmitted but with losses elsewhere.
That would be nice but I'd be shocked if they could produce a constant aperture zoom in such a small space. The tendency in most zooms is to increase the F ratio so I fear the loss of a couple of stops.
Maybe! It is hard to tell. However they would need a sensor for focusing, shake compensation and exposure measurement. Often that is built into the main sensor.I suppose that is possible. My feeling right now is that the folded light path might be more efficient so it might make up for losses. Looking back on some of the other recent rumors they might actually have two sensors one for luminance and one for color.Most certainly! I'm hoping that they can hit 3X...
This could be a problem but I can see Apple making the next iPhone a wedge. It is a form factor that has worked well over the years for other products. It might actually allow Apple to improve low light sensitivity.You also loose at the beam splitters. You may gain some back though by use of larger optical elements. In the end though optical zoom can greatly enhance photographic quality if your only other option is to crop existing pixels. Zooming in can be seen...
The heavier the better. I use to carry around an RZ doing outdoor photography, amazing camera in its day! It was certainly heavy but that allowed pulling off some sharp hand held photos.There are many factors involved, lens focal length, resolution at the sensor and etc. all impact how a camera records shake. Plus you need to hold it right.Maybe one day we will get those features in a cell phone camera. Interestingly folded optics like this would certainly afford...
At least in ARMs case I have to believe the real advancement isn't in the technology but rather the business model. The licensing of their designs allows manufacutres to rapidly integrate their own improvements. Thus the super chips from Apple and Qualcomm that go far beyond reference designs from ARM.In any event ARMs licensing approach has allowed them to sneak up on Intel which is the real surprise here.Well the thing with music is that talent is only part of the...
Not as many companies with high quality GPUs though. Even ARMs GPU has a tough time competing with Imagination.Imagination did purchase MIPS technology and it looks like they want to compete with ARM with the same marketing strategy.If Apple really wanted that technical capability they would have purchased MIPS in 2013.They have more or less brought the GPU development in house already by hirering many AMD engineers. There is enough customization in the A8X GPU to...
When you are this close to a rumored release date waiting a couple of weeks, even a month makes sense. Even if the new machines don't rock your boat you can usually pick up an older model cheap.Beyond that, for many users Broadwell should be an excellent update. I see much in the way of people suggesting waiting for SkyLake which is fine if half a year isn't a problem. We don't know exactly how Apple will leverage Broadwell in the Airs, I'm still thinking that even...
I like the general idea here with your guesses.Old man here so the 11" doesn't mean much at all. However the price would likely be clipped considerably with the new line up, I could see $750.If they go with the extremely stripped down model rumored, I suspect that they will be more aggressive with pricing. I could see this coming in at the $899 level.I would love to see a 14" Retina MBA especially if it maintains the ports the current Airs have! I'm thinking $1100...
I totally suspect that Apple has more IOS devices in the works. What they will be is at this time unknown.Yep and people need to remember that A8X is designed and implemented for a specific platform.That woul be dumb beyond compare. Why? Because you effectively duplicate too much hardware. Beyond that what do you mean by very large battery? Large batteries aren't the answer because consumers have voted in favor of devices that are slim and light.An ARM based chip can...