or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Certainly those sorts of people exist, but there is really a third category, that is forward looking but frugal people. Interestingly they can exist as consumers and as pro users.This comment is just as asinine as the people looking for a status symbol machine. SkyLake represents a new generation of chip technology.Hard to say here. You must have at one time or another ran into people that apparently have tried to save every penny they have made. They could...
Waiting on specs can be very wise if it will leave you with a new generation of hardware. Here I'm talking USB-C, TB, and the new SkyLake GPUs. Sure it can be frustrating when Apple performs a major boo boo like it did with Mac Book, but I kinda doubt they will leave the PRO line up with one port.
While all of the above is true the company I work for has hired many people from the now defunct Kodak. That doesn't mean we will be making film.😬I don't dismiss the possibility that Apple is working on a car project, or maybe better said a transportation project. To get any real traction in the marketplace it needs to be something very unique and hopefully advanced enough to impress people. That will be hard to do at the price points a car needs to be marketed at. ...
If they want to sell to me it will need to be called iPickup. Oh it needs to be reasonably priced too, survive the winters in the fridge north and have some sort of range extending capability.
In a sense you end up better off than you where before you broke the machine due to refurbish coming with new batteries! The battery is the only thing that really suffers from wear. Frankly anybody that joins this class action suit ought to hand a sign around their neck say I'm an idiot, a klutz, and go out of my way to blame others.Sadly there is a potential of actually winning a case like this. So much depends upon the lawyers ability to manipulate people to...
The problem is each head phone solution sounds different to different people. Further the orientation on ones head has a massive impact on what you hear. This even with high end studio headphones. In the end comments about which headphone is better are basically worthless. You can't even get people that have all the resources in the world to agree on that one.Further like most products Beats have gotten better over time.
I have to agree! Having had iPhone very early in the products life in can recall of several OS releases for iPhone that where absolutely terrible. Worst than my iPad running beta software right now. Sadly it took Apple months to fix up those releases too. So in many ways Apples beta software is better than some of the first software updates to the iPhine operating system.I actually think software is better because Steve is gone. You don't have demands being...
This is the big problem with watches, they tend to get in the way!Interestingly the pocket watch was a tool that was at one time as important to industry as the iPhone is today. The railroads literally ran their businesses through the use of the watches and well engineered timetables. In fact we have or had the term "railroad time" to indicate how important the watches where and of course the associated time keeping.I literally could never get into wearing a watch and...
Sooner or later you need to buy! There is significant truth in the idea that faster hardware is always just around the corner!Given that I would expect new hardware updates to come with the final release of El Capitan. This mainly because the combo of new hardware and El Capitan will be very impressive as far as feel and performance goes. So think fall.
The NVidia and AMD problem are as much a problem with the GPU designers as it is with TSMC. The GPU manufactures tend to want as much performance as is possible often pushing what is advisable design wise. Speaking of late, compared to Intel or Global Foundries, TSMC is very reliable of late.As to which process is "better" I really don't think it matters too much to Apple. Everything I've seen indicates that Apple focuses on yields not ultimate performance. If the...