or Connect

Posts by wizard69

What hardware features? Apple can pick and choose what sort of hardware features to incorporate into their SoC. They can also leave out much that isn't relevant anymore. That frankly is Intels big problem, they spend a lot of transistors on backwards compatibility for features that don't mean much today.
Then buy one. You do realize that much of what you read on the Internet is uninformed speculation right? Gurman could be blow smoke for all we know.Announcements at WWDC are tied to software requirements. If the new Apple TV really exists and has the rumored features then it will be announced at WWDC or after. It is a repeated pattern for Apple, they can't release new hardware that requires extensive software support until that software support is discussed with...
You have no basis for that thought. The reality is Apple likes to release products to capture specific markets. So laptop releases come in late spring to be ready for back to school shopping. Right now their bigger problem is Intel and their screwed up release schedules. Apple would rather have Broadwell to launch with in June, I'm certain of that, but it won't happen. Unless of course we have been totally mislead.Beyond that if any of the rumors about...
It would be very unlikely that you would loose features. Remember Apple is in the drivers seat here, if they want to add fast RAM bus's, TB2 or whatever to the SoC they can. All they need to do is support two or more variants. Apples rapid development program indicates that this would be no problem at all. Frankly if they had to tie the SoC to an external GPU that wouldn't be a bad situation either. Then again another GPU upgrade in A8 might do the trick all by...
From my perspective Apple really screwed up this year, A7 was a nice upgrade but unfortunately they failed to up grade RAM and flash at each price point. This put me off doing an upgrade this year. Let's face it the price of flash has dropped so far there is no rational explanation for the line up of iPads with the current memory sizes. That and iPad really needs more RAM to fully realize its potential.My hope is that A8 supports LPDDR 4 RAM to allow Apple to atleast...
You guys are missing the point here! Technology now allows Apple to build high quality hardware at a much lower cost. Since this reality also applies to the competition Apple has no choice but to lower prices over time. That doesn't mean that they compete dollar for dollar but rather the keep the perception in people's minds that an Apple device is worth a few hundred over the run of the mill hardware.
Done right it could be a desirable platform.Personally I'd rather see an ARM based device be built with real Mac OS but supporting iPad apps in a window. Obviously Apple is 99.9% of the way there with the XCode iOS emulation layer. What this does is gives the platform an immediate supply of good apps to work along with the greater world of Mac OS and UNIX apps.Please I'm in public, no wood producing suggestions please.Why is that; speed or software behavior!
Yet in the jailbreak community the mouse can work well. I'd go so far as to say a mouse could enhance certain types of iOS GUI operations with little if any changes to iOS.Not that I think Apple needs to go this route, what it really needs to do is go full throttle with Artificial Intelligence with the goal of putting much of the AI right in the computing device. Again a mouse is about looking towards the past, it wouldn't be a bad thing to have mouse support in iOS,...
Fortunately technology allows companies like Apple to ship good quality at a lower price every year. Just look at the evolution of the Air from a high priced under performing machine into a market leading platform. The simple fact that it is possible to ship high quality at a lower cost demands that Apple shift some of its business into the sub $1000 range. The reality is that there are high quality sub $1000 laptops already on the market.The other way to look at...
Well no, Surface and even Windows 8 suck hard.