or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Somebody was busy at the keyboard.Honestly I'm more interested in a higher performance Air rather than a lower power unit. In other words I'd rather see Apple stay in the 12 - 15 watt range and deliver the extra performance.A more rational line up would be nice. I still like the idea of 12, 14 & 16" sized machines. Sadly if they go to the low wattage stuff in the Airs that will mean we will likely need a 14" MBP for those of us looking for better performance. ...
As far as GPU's go it is a little early to project what will be the best choice. Who knows maybe Apple will avoid discreet GPU's. If they do go with a discreet GPU I suspect it will be an AMD chip.Why AMD? For one the Mac Pro drivers about which you hear very little in the way of complaints. Also AMD seems to be on the same page as Apple when in comes to the future of GPU's and how they interact with hardware.
Not if you read what I posted carefully. My point is Apple has hardware that could go into a laptop if they really wanted. Further with some minor tweaking it would reduce the concerns the original poster had about performance.In a nut shell A8X is more impressive than people want to admit.
I'm not sure you are serious here!It is be far the best update to the IPad yet. If you don't understand that then you have a very very poor ability to deal with facts.Sure you can. Simply having more RAM will do wonders for new innovative apps.Mac OS does multitask. Trying to say it doesn't just makes you look foolish. The background capabilities are limited by design but that is just good design in an ultra mobile platform. Beyond that iOS 8 has added many new...
The funny thing here is that the longer I own my IPads the more I mis standard ports. With PC hardware I always recycled old equipment into project machines. Sadly this is hard to do with the base IOS hardware. Think about it a bit, IPads would make great little interfaces to reprap or home CNC machines if it wasn't for the lack of standard ports and easy access to those ports.It is funny and sad at the same time but for a company like Apple trying to look cool...
Just imagine what would happen if they only improved the performance modestly. A bit faster clock, a wider a RAM interface or support for a new RAM standard, a larger cache and so forth. We could easily see this thing doing Mac OS with exceptional results. The really big mystery though is just how fast can the current A8X actually run. It is pretty certain that Apple keeps the clock on the low side to manage power.
I can't say I agree with everything here. However one important point I wouldn't expect the same exact A series chip in the iPads to go into an A series laptop.Hey I'm running a 2008 MBP, so I know all about slow!A point of precision, iOS does lots of context switching, it is very much a multitasking OS. It doesn't allow for a bunch of user apps but these days even user apps can run in background.Now of course a laptop would normally be a more stressful environment for...
Bingo!!!People need to remember these are bleeding edge chips that Apple is shipping, there are few factories world wide that can even come close to producing these. I can even see strong demand for the new iPad causing problems once people realize just how impressive it is update wise.
Your logic fails me here. In fact your report that was truncated here very much implies that specs are important and lead to a good user experience. For example many wanted more RAM, which we got, and that RAM apparently has resulted in a big usability improvement. Faster hardware has lead to that snappier feeling you alluded too.This is why I don't understand some of the reports that AppleInsider is referencing. Usability would appear to be vastly improved with this...
I wouldn't be surprised to find that it is a production issue with the new chips. Considering how hot the new iPhones are that is a real possibility. The other possibility I'd that the Mini doesn't sell anywhere near as well as people think it does.