or Connect

Posts by wizard69

With the current generation of laptops Touch screes would be poor ergonomics. That doesn't mean that there aren't uses cases where a touch screen on a laptop might excel or that innovative design might address some issues. In general though touch screens are terrible input devices for the way laptops are used.
It has to get pretty hot to soften metal so I'm sure that isn't the problem.Leverage is of course a thing of physics and with our current educational system most recent high school graduates won't be able to recognize what is going on. Anybody that has ever handled sheet metal in their lifetime will realize how easy it can be to bend stuff.The market was already drying up For phablets well before Apple entered the market. Only a small minority of the user base would...
I think you provide proof as to how far the educational system in the USA has fallen.It isn't troubling at all, it is simple physics. Did you not learn about levers and fulcrums in grade school?Seriously how would a case help? A hard case might help but then you won't be carrying around in your pockets.You have no evidence that the problem is as bad as some are implying. The fact is given enough leverage you can bend anything.Not even remotely practical.Why should...
Have you yourself looked into this so called evidence. If you had, and you have any sort of mental capacity, you would realize that there is much to be questioned. The evidence in reality is very weak, in some cases fabricated and in others at odds with the latest unbiased research.That is complete bullshit! Even if the worst projections became a reality there would be no real harm to the planet and might actually allow the planet to better support life. However...
Big corporations have nothing to do with it. The data simply isn't conclusive even after unethical attempts to make it conclusive. For example the whining about the ice caps at the poles shrinking which has been shown to be an unrealistic interpretation of the data. The data clearly shows that ICE coverage has grown around the world.Screw the corporations learn to read and understand the data yourself. The more you look into this crap with an open eye the more you...
The problem is the assumption that the scientist have a handle on what is happening with the climate. They clearly don't and as such building policy around shoddy science is just bad politics.If people wanted to do better for their environment (not the climate) there are real issues to justify curtailing the use of coal. For example acid rain, Mercury contamination and other ills that are the result of heavy coal usage. CO2 pollution though is BS because we simply...
My question is will Apple pull a big boner and deliver to us a iPad Air with only 1GB of RAM? To say I was disappointed with the iPhone release is an understatement. However RAM is even more critical in the iPad, if it comes with only 1GB I'd be pissed royally. So in this respect I'm expecting an A8X variant of this years processor. We really need the extra RAM. A 2GHz A8 would be nice too. As for the split debut, why would they do that. The only reason I...
There is something to be said for electronics that can also double as space heaters. I use to have an very old Tektronix O'Scope that was all tube based. Talk about heavy. Kept you toasty while working on whatever.
Why would you want such a silly thing? Batteries are all about area, the + has more area for the battery and thus can store more energy. You are basically asking Apple to compromise one design for no good reason.
If only I was a big game player!One of the reasons I'm big on ARM in a Mac is that would allow use of Macs in low cost embedded solutions. I can see Apple Saving us some significant cash and deliver to us a machine that ca outperforms anything ATOM based, i3 based and maybe even i5 based hardware. That is with what we know about A8 today and the assumption that it can manage a higher clock rate. I can see A8 shaving $300 off the cost of a Mac.