or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I have this opinion that if Apple doesn't get its act together and fix some of the performance issues in Mac OS, Intel will never have a chip fast enough. I base this on my current experience with a brand new Briadwell based MBP 13". For the life of me I can't figure out why Preview and sone other apps beach ball so bad. If I had the machine heavily loaded at the time a beach ball might be acceptable. This isn't the case though.In a nut shell it really looks like...
The way the dismissal of the 17" was handled though was very interesting as Apple has said very little about it. I suspect that sales did tank on the platform but that might have been the result of poor updates and configurations. I really think that Apple will try to get more screen realestate out of a 15" class laptop enclosure. If they could pick up a half inch in width and height giving use what ever for the diagonal that would have a real impact on screen area....
I could see Apple realigning the common frame sizes around the sizes of 12, 14 & 16 inches. With modern screens the bezels could be shrunk to allow a 16" screen into a MBP that isn't much bigger than the current 15".As it is I perfectly understand the wants people have for a 17" screen as screen realestate is king. The problem is 17" machines just aren't portable and many have rejected such machines due to size issues. It is a niche market as you note. That doesn't...
I suspect this is one thing that people don't grasp, the way many people use the Mac Book Pro you really need wired charging.This is so true. However I must say my 13" MBP is really impressing me with its ability to run well for a long time on battery power.I guess this is possible, after all Apple has hired a number of AMD engineers but I imagined these people working strictly on processors for iOS devices. Beyond that the Imagination derived processors really don't...
You do realize that WWDC is in June right? It wouldn't be the first time something was announced at WWDC with shipping to come in two weeks.If at all possible this is true, SkyLake should be wonderful. However I don't have any hope for wireless charging in a performance laptop like the 15" MBP. In fact wireless charging doesn't really fit into common usage profiles for a laptop like this.On the other hand I just brought a 13" Broadwell based laptop and must say I...
I wouldn't be surprised to find that Apple has worked something out with Intel that will allow them to announce early. For that matter Intel and Apple might jointly announce SkyLake shipping. Remember WWDC is only about two weeks for July and the expected SkyLake debut. Beyond that this wouldn't be the first time that WWDC and Intel announcements where very close on the calendar.The primary reason I think Apple will go SkyLake is the performance gain that is suppose to...
I see a world that is a bit different in that software packages will continue to leverage the GPUs to a greater extent than ever before. I really don't see the need for a discreet GPU going away anytime soon. GPUs benefit from process shrinks just like CPUs which has lead to lower power (watts) and increased performance. Also AMD has gone all in with the HSA architecture and that has significant potential to expand GPU use.We might eventually get to the point where...
You might get something like this. The reasoning is pretty simple, to set the machine apart performance wise. I could see the two SSD's RAID'ed together to increase transfer rates. If not RAID at least provide for the extra storage capacity.
USB and Thunderbolt solve different problems. If anything we will see a more advanced version of TB.
Anybody that has ever been involved in a product ramp up knows that there are all sorts of glitches to deal with. In this case Apple has plenty of new tech to deal with from the ultra small PCB to the taptic engine. Possibly having an issue with any of those isn't a big deal, The big deal comes from how you rise to the challenges.