or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Broadwell might never come out in an iMac. By the time this machine is ready for a refresh SkyLake or whatever it is called should be ready. That would be a nice upgrade, a new architecture with DDR 4 support.Not "when" but rather if. I can honestly see Apple saying screw it to Intel and telling them to get SkyLake on line or get lost. If Broadwell ships in early 2015 (doubtful) and they wait until this time next year to refresh then they might as well demand...
The title borders on being unethical if you ask me. Apple is delivering very significant updates to the hardware that is most important for supporting the new panel. This should be considered a major update. Yeah it sucks that Broadwell isn't there but let's be honest it might never ship.
This does puzzle me. IPad Air2 is a massive update but nobody seems willing to acknowledge that fact. I wait for details on A8X as I'm always curious about hardware. This GPU ought to make for one snappy iPad.
[/Quote]It is a mixed bag really. The lack of a quad core is very very bad but much of the rest of the desire improvements are there. You get the better GPUs, the PCI Express capable SSD option, an extra TB 2 port and we keep the HDMI port. So I'm trying to keep an open mind here.
It does require a mind set change and frankly the TB connectors and cables leave a lot to be desired in a rack cabinet. The other problem is the total lack of decent external storage,solutions. The expense of these solutions, the ones that exist, is less than ideal too.I really like that the Mini comes with two TB ports now. That immediately makes the machine more viable for a variety of uses. I'm not happy though with the lack of a quad core variant.There is a...
Do you really think a lack of ethics is unique in the USA? For that matter how many foreign companies have failed to deliver for apple? There have been more than a few.Huh? Apples loan is secured through the capital,in the building. As for cashing out well that has yet to be proven. I'm sure a compete audit is coming which should reveal any ethical lapses.
So far I've liked what I have seen. However as is always the case with Apple we don't get a lot of info at release time. I does appear that the SSD is PCI Expess which has me wondering if we lost a drive bay. Also it isn't clear what the differences are between the midrange and top of the line models.
Yes it is! I suppose that closes out this thread. Hopefully some blogger will give this thing a tear down soon. Apple web site seems to be more screwed than usual when it comes to technical information. However I now believe that the SSD sits on a PCI Express interface, this should indicate good "disk" performance.The only real disappointments I see are no quad cores and the really slow processor in the intro model. Overall I like what i see though Iris Pro in...
I don't call it pointless but I don't think it is selling as well as some suspect. Poor sales seem to result in Apple pulling this crap and the downward spiral begins.As for constrained supplies, I just read an article where TSMC has indicated that they already get 20% of their entire revenue from their brand spanking new 20 mm founder. That is the foundry Apple chips are made in. That is very significant considering the number and different types of plants TSMC has. ...
Not so much the base machine but an add on line cellular coverage. Third parties can't build that into an iPad. Apple likely would need to partner with a bank or credit card company but I still see such a feature driving lots of sales. Anybody running a small business would benefit. Imagine an electrician, plumber or similar traveling from customer to customer each day. Another good use would be a temporary locations like sporting events festivals and the like. ...