or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Costs are significant but if Apple has no other way to remove heat then it is about the only alternative to aluminum. Interestingly Sapphire is a good conductor of heat. I could see Apple using Sapphire as a heat spreader in a laptop or even a iPad. It would be an expensive choice but maybe more reliable and easier to integrate into existing aluminum housings.I think you are missing just how rigid this stuff can be, it is often used to make structures that are far more...
Actually the carbon fibers that are good for heat dissipation are structurally different than the stuff used to build stiff structures. When properly used carbon finer is one of the best conductors of heat we have. There is on going research to use it in rifle barrels to conduct heat away from the liner for example. It is a very interesting material really and likewise there has been research into heat sinks for high performance electronics.As for milling you wouldn't...
That was back when the cost of an extra 16GB of flash was significant. These days you can buy 64 GB of flash for what 8GB cost in 2007. This in a nutshell is the problem, Apples pricing of storage I the iPhones and iPads has become a huge ripoff. What is tolerable in 2007, 2009 or even 2011 isn't really tolerable these days.I'm far more inclined to upgrade my iPad because the iPad is in constant use. I really don't see a huge demand for big iPhones beyond a few...
So where is the logic? In fact I can see no reason at all for Apple to offer 16GB in the introductory models. It has been way to long while flash storage demands have continued to rise and prices have dropped radically.Maybe a bit more but let's face it that extra screen real estate costs very little.
Speaking of carbon fiber has anyone heard any recent rumors about Apple going that route for a machine case? I know there appeared to be a big push in that direction a few years ago. The blogosphere sphere however has been silent on that for a long time now.
Really, first I've heard of this machine. I have to wonder about performance and how quickly it thermally throttles. Do you have a model number we can search on, somebody would have reviewed the thing if it was at all worth it by now. I just don't follow Windows world hardware unless it is known to support Windows well.If Intel lives up to its own hype, it would be foolish to purchase an Air this year. However we have seen Intel not live up to its claims and frankly...
Wow, you woke up a year old thread to ask that question!
The problem is too many people just don't understand patents. A patent has nothing to do with how difficult the invention was to develop, rather it is completely related to the invention being unique and non obvious. Over the course of the development of the automobile many a mechanic has invented patentable tools or idea related to parts or functions of a car. If that idea solve a problem in a unique way or results in new functionality the device or tool is...
At best the pro is an assembly operation in the US. Many components still come from outside the US. It would be very helpful if Apple where to itemize where all the parts come from.In any event I'm not one of those people expecting an entirely produced in the USA machine. I really see much of the whining about where things are produced as modern but socially acceptable racism. It is racism made please ant by the perfum of supporting jobs in America.That is always...
Well it can be done with a huge heat sink but such a heatsink will never fit in a laptop.