or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Oh please can we not be rational here? It is well known what RAM does for a system be it an RaspberryPI, some big iron Linux system, or a Mac running Mac OS/X. It is no different with iOSIt isn't about specs it is about functionality. Honestly I'm not impressed with somebody that would post here and so try to dismiss the importance of RAM in a modern computer.
If you follow my posts on this matter you will know I'm a big proponent of more RAM, especially in the larger iOS devices. This would however not solve all of Safaris problems though, I just need to point that out because more RAM doesn't fix bugs or intended behavior. That said Sadari is better in the iOS betas, but better is a long ways from not frustrating.Honestly I'm not even sure why people still argue more RAM wouldn't help. It is as if they don't have a clue...
I really don't think you understand what RAM is and what it does in a computer.M8 does nothing to lessen the need for more RAM.RAM directly impact the performance of Apples iOS devices, that is the only concern Apple should have.Why? Beyond that why not educate yourself, you can download XCode and the documentation yourself. Beyond that RAM has the same impact in iOS as it does in any other operating system.IOS is very very good at using specialized processors but that...
When was the last time Intel delivered 25%?Melgross, I'm shocked that you are taking this attitude and are so focused on CPU performance. For one there is a substantial increase in GPU performance with this chip. We are getting a new camera processor and apparently new encode and decode hardware for video. It actually looks like an entirely new chip.Now I'm not saying that CPU performance isn't important in a Mac OS device. The problem is that isn't the whole...
It looks like more than a tick. Of course with Apples secrecy it is hard to tell. However you don't double transistors on a tick. Beyond that the A series highlights the importance of specialized execution units in modern SoC design. Performance is no longer measured by simply profiling the CPU. Even with Intelsat hardware, the die space dedicated to the CPUs is rather tiny these days.Honestly I'm sometimes more excited to wait for the tear downs than the actual...
I'm shocked that you are so negative here!They barely budged the clock rate and are getting 25%, if you believe Apples numbers that is pretty damn good.A focus on power reduction was rumored to be the primary focus for a good part of 2014. It is a good move by Apple frankly as it looks like it allowed them to drastically improve GPU performance with little if any hit to the power profile.Which might be easy. The key point here being that we don't know what the maximum...
Apple could produce a Mac with A7 if they wanted too. It is simply a matter of being able to price the machine at a point consistent with its performance. An A7 would put the machine around Core Duo performance. Not bad at all really if the price is right.Here is the real unknown though, what is the performance of the chip clock rate wise? That is how fast can Apple clock the A8, This is the big mystery of Apples line up as similar cores can often go beyond 2GHZ so...
You don't need to be an expert to realize that more RAM is very important in the iOS environment, especially in an iPad.IOS is OS/X with a different UI so the answer there is yes, I'm surprised that this is even a question anymore. The only thing that becomes an issue is the ultimate performance of the processor in a desktop/laptop implementation. We don't really know what the ultimate performance would be.
It is free so where is the problem?
I would expect all stores to have a very large inventory for launch day just like they have in the past. Not all of the preproduction is allocated for early sales. Some of that production will be used to stock stores for launch day. However in the past the Apple stores got a big percentage of that inventory.As for the stores, in the past they had daily shipments coming in. In fact some stores got multiple shipments on a single day.