or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Anemic? I'm not even sure Core M has risen to the level of anemic. What I don't know is if that is a rejection of Cire M by manufacutres or even if consumers are rejecting the devices it has been designed into so far.I'm just seeing indications though that Intel is ready to roll with 14 nm. The IEDM meets in December so that might present us with more info. I could see Intel releasing Broadwell shortly after that assemblyI'm not sure Apple will have much of a...
Here is a tiny bit more on Intels and Samsungs 14 nm. Processes. http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/12/01/intel-corporations-14-nanometer-process-is-denser.aspx Of course you still have to have shipping product to be able to judge the value in the tech. What is most interesting is just how close Samsung is to Intel these days. I would not be surprised at all to see Apple deliver an A series chip built on a 14/16 nm process in 2015.
I've mentioned this before but I really think the 16 GB devices are targeted at corporate sales. The IT folks at large corporations are obsessed with the security implications of cell phones and the like. In their world less is better as far as pocketable storage goes.Well that is far better than paying $100 for storage that generates a $5 delta in parts costs. Let's face it, it is a better deal than in the past when you might get half that much storage. I don't mind...
Please no slicing of the cheese in public.You know how these guys are, anything that Apple has failed to implement is by definition crap. On the other hand the extensive use of cases with iPads really means that there is little opportunity for Apple here.
It obviously isn't all about margins. As for the Mini the move here is perplexing to say the least, If margins where a problem then why did they knock off $100 from what was last years model? Here is the thing I don't see the user base that is interested in the Mini being rabid fans of Touch ID and Apple Pay. This I'd be surprised to find the Touch ID variant doing well in the market because the perception is that the feature isn't worth $100 dollars. So...
The MBA could result in a very long and interesting discussion all on its own. It is a perfect example of Apple relaxing a device that intitally had very high margins which result in very poor sales. Early adopters and rich folks can not sustain Apple considering the size of the company now.The thing was the concept was excellent and apparently Apple recognized the potential in the machine. By repositioning it in the marketplace as a Mac Book replacement they...
Some how I just knew that you where involved!!😆I was under the impression that they had already shipped a few.Nope! My very first smart phone was an iPhone. Back then I had looked at Nokias little PDA (N900 ?) like thing and was really disappointed with it. It had nowhere near enough flash and RAM for my interests at the time and the expansion slots did not impress me as a good solution for basic needs. In other words expansion slots are nice but not if you have...
IPad has been far more successful than many had hoped for. As such they built in more margin than is really needed. I'd be happy if they maintained margins similar to what we see on Macs.Where did you get the idea that tablets are the least profitable things Apple makes? Everything I've seen indicates very good profitability when compared to the rest of the world. If you want to compote to an iPhone then that is a different story. However don't expect margins...
From a device management point of view you need to call it something else. In the end the little bit of extra hardware means a different OS build and maybe even different apps. The Mini 3 May not be perfect but it helps to distinguish it for the Mini 2. Considering the lackluster update calling the Mini 2T might have been a better move.Given this move of Apples I do believe that they have shot themselves in the foot. My big concern is that they will see the Mini...
The margins argument means nothing, Apple is a different class of company now, lower margins often mean far more volume so it is really up to Apple to choose the optimal pricing on hardware.You do have a much better point high margins are essentially worthless if you don't move product. Case in point Apples iPod Touch which hasn't been updated in years. Sales are tanking and yet they do nothing to keep the unit viable. It really makes no sense to me. At the very...