or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I think Apple has given up on iPod and the Touch. It is a shame really. It is one of those things where their. Actions assure projections. By that I mean sales tank while hardware starts to age badly. Touch should have went 64 bit last year with enough flash to solve anybodies music storage needs.Well one thing is certain, nobody with any sense would buy today's iPod Touch. As I said Apple believes the MP3 music player industry is done and by not updating any of...
This is a good portion of the problem and unfortunately the move away from leaded solders was made mandatory by the EU. What was notable here is the demand for lead free systems when no alternative existed. What is even worst there was no proof that leaded solder was an environmental hazard.Actually for consumer devices there isn't an option. There are exemptions for military, medical and other electronics but nothing targeting the consumer gets an exemption.What is...
Yet each of those manufactures has at least one excellent example of an automobile.The problem with making any vehicle "like" something else is that it becomes a me too product. To really upset the marketplace they need an innovative design that leaves behind old concepts of what a car is, how it is controlled by the user and the general appreance.Frankly 5 years is a very long time, I would expect that the likes of Ford would have several viable electric and hybrid...
Sometimes tech goes in the wrong direction. I still think Apple needs to put more focus on voice recognition and processing right on the device. Siri has certianly improved of late but it isn't good enough and the trip to the server is a joke. Seriously why go to a server when you want to set an option on the device.
The whole concept of these stores has to change or be updated to reflect current reality. So I'm really hoping that this is the start of a total revamp. I find the overall experience off putting when I walk into my local store. Extremely crowded, disorganized, training happening where sales are being made, noise and just a general bad vibe. I did my last couple of Apple products online due to finding the current store more than I can stand.
Horrible clichè? I always thought that was a good way to express thinking in a similar way.In any event these rumors are a good reason to hold off on the upgrade I was thinking about for 2015. Even a relatively simple zoom would turn this into a very nice update. Of course Apple needs to do something about photo storage, both local and cloud, that makes sense.
Possibly, it really depends upon how mig the sensors are, which I would imagine are a limiting factor with respect to how far they could shrink things. I really don't know what the sensors dimensions are as far as what is used today, however on edge I would think that they would be a tight fit. As far as the optics go even a few mm could have a big impact on optical performance.Given all of that I wouldn't imagine the wedge would vary by more that 2-4 mm end to end, so...
You could be right there. I'm sitting here though imagining what a pain it would be to line up all three of those sensors on the prism. I susppose they could recombine the image in software. I do a lot of alignment of optical systems at work and realize just how tedious getting it right can be.A folded lens should be able to support larger diameter elements and otherwise clear the optical path. If Apple has any sense at all they would focus on getting higher...
Seriously don't give up hope! Apple has rightfully stressed optical performance since day one so maybe they have something a little more advanced than a simple zoom. That being said there where few optical elements in that drawing.I'm sitting here remembering how massive my old 80-200 Nikon zoom was. This is one reason why I really hope that Apple would see reason and make the next iPhine tapered to allow for a little more packing space for that optical system. ...
That is certainly one approach, I just caution that the labeling implies one image sensor.It is interesting that to date the only option of note that is an alternative to Bayer filtering if the Foveon. If I got that name right. Here I'm thinking commonly available cameras.That would give the camera processor a work out. The current guesstimate is that the camera processor is still a good portion of the A8 series.Here is where I'm not convinced that the bulge will be...