or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Which doesn't rule out a non traditional approach. Nor does it eliminate other product categories.I can see Apple offering an expanded range of iOS devices such as a larger iPad, an Apple TV and the like. I can also see something somewhat laptop like. However there is little incentive for Apple to make iOS into another Mac OS.As for an ARM based laptop, I'm all for it if it runs real Mac OS and doesn't skimp on support hardware (RAM and flash storage). ARM,...
There is however a considerable difference between building a line suitable for that production number and actually producing that many ahead of time. Given the right type of automation they could have a production line capable of spitting out 65 million a quarter. Depending upon what this iWatch actually is and the methods used to manufacture it, fabrication may require a fair amount of automation just to make it possible.
I don't know about German, but isn't Sapphire a proper noun? That is the name of a specific material?
Not to be that guy but Sapphire is not glass.
I've said this in other threads but will say it again, silicon today is what the printed circuit board was a few decades ago. It is where you out your engineering to remain competitive. As for Apple not having the expertise I'm not sure I buy that either. Over the past few years they have acquired a bunch of IP and more than a few engineers from failed companies. What they don't have engineering wise they can easily hire. As for reasoning here, one only has to look...
By then Apple will be on second generation 64 bit hardware, maybe even third generation depending upon when J1 actually is.I still see big.LITTLE as a lot of stupid. One low power core might make sense but four are a waste.Did you notice how small the CPU complex is with respect to the GPU or many other subsections of the chip? The CPU is important but it is the sum of the parts that delivers what people want out of a modern SoC. This is also true of Apples A series...
There is more to good behavior than just raw speed. If you have ever had to deal with a Windows machine that reassigns virtual com ports on you for no obvious reason you will have a different definition of what is good. Compared to the Windows networking stack, USB on Windows is pretty unreliable. Worst is the drivers for many USB devices which are often terrible.USB on a Mac isn't perfect but it seems to be far more reliable. Maybe Apple is just lucky fewer fly by...
People forget their history rather quickly. Apple did indeed blaze trails with USB, something that still works like crap on Windows hardware.You mean "are" above, many PCs still ship with PS/2 ports.I didn't see a lot of criticism of Apple. Generally a lot of hate was directed at USB due to the high overhead and people not grasping the interfaces good points. MicroSoft on the other hand took years to do USB even half right. The rather long gestation on Windows...
Well everybody does that if they want to stay in business. That is they engineer a product for a market, price point and like. What I have trouble with is the differentiation between the entry model and their upsell models.There are some good Linux projects out there and many more bad ones. I do believe you are right, some of these projects are touched upon by their developers when they get a spare moment. For some reason C is way over used and out of place in many of...
That is very true but the point remains, the screen and electronics to drive a TV is cheap. Apple can add the computer electronics for a reasonable amount and still have machine that is lower cost than their current products.Honestly I think Apple was getting greedy over the last couple of years trying to squeeze more margin out of its products than the market was willing to pay. That is why a we saw that realignment in price of the laptops a year or so ago. This...