or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Code:You can look up the bandwidth of PCI Express, but I will simply say my new MBP is awesome. Yes gloating here, but the SSD is just the nuts in this machine, I only wish it was even bigger. Like many here I want Apple to ship a MBP with 3-6 TB of storage instead of the puny 512 GB.
It won't Be long. The technology will be expensive this year but it should moderate as early as 2016. I would expect 1 TB modules in 2016 at reasonable prices with larger solutions stiffly priced.
That is because Intels chips have different cutoffs as far as the amount of RAM supported by the chip set. Most of the mobile line only allows for 16 GB at this moment in time. For many users that isn't a big limitation today and probably won't be for the next couple of years. More importantly we are at a major transition point in the industry and frankly by 2016 today hardware will look rather old and outmoded due to the advent of high performance memories, Skylake...
I'm not sure if I can help here but the entry level machine is very very important in my mind. This especially if you are trying to place iMacs in business where not everyone needs a high performance computer. Also high integration SoC technology means that you don't have to forego performance on an entry level machine.Think about what a modern entry level SoC needs to offer to produce a machine that is suitable for an entry level machine these days. In Apples case...
Intel has always made a range of desktop processors. The interesting thing here is that a SkyLake edition ought to give the IMac a significant boost in CPU capability along with the integrated graphics boost. It should make for a very interesting iMac upgrade.As it is you can't be sure which processor Apple will choose. The chips coming form Intel are more integrated every year which means that a 35 watt chip might significantly lower the over all power used in a...
It seems like this happens a couple of times a year. In many places the dear population is rather high due to no natural predators and congestion making the areas unsuitable for hunting.As for the custodian I'm hoping he had enough meat there to make a few pounds of venison sausage, steak and roasts. If you find somebody that can cook it right venison is really tasty.
I have to agree with this. One important feature here is that Jobs was a showman more than anything. It was his ability to put on a show and sell products and concepts that really pulled Apple out of some very tough times. His keynotes inspired confidence in the critical third party developers and just as much inspired confidence in the user base. I'd go so far as to say that if it wasn't for Jobs keynotes I don't think Apple would have recovered in the way it did...
After reading this thread I really have to wonder if anybody here is actually a capable tech oriented person. You should be able to identify which side is up with 100% reliability on a USB connector. The standard specifies where the USB icon is to be stamped on the connector housing. Even if that isn't there you can identify by looking at the metal housing.Honestly I'm only half way through this thread and frankly it is the biggest bunch of bull crap I've read in a...
Yep! For me it is the machines biggest turn off Performance is also an issue but rev 2 will deal with that.
Just did that 1.5 GB. It took all night with the last time i looked the Mac indicating 9 hoursDo realize though that once USB is significantly faster than hard disks it won't matter