or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Here is a little blurb on AMD's HBM: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/hbm. Why it is in a directory called "software-technologies" is beyond me. Obviously this has little to do with SkyLake today but I can see Apple adopting such chips as soon as they can. There are benefits beyond performance, one being smaller GPU "boards". A SkyLake based iMac paired with one of these chips would be very nice indeed. If AMD can build this into their...
I hope people don't get me wrong I love the new features in both iOS and Mac OS, I just don't like the massive performance regressions that at times are difficult to understand. As far as iOS goes Apple needs to stop painting the shingles and get to work on the interiors. By this I mean many of Apples iOS apps need more compatibility with the functionality seen in their Mac counterparts.As for Mac OS like, I said address some of these unexplainable performance...
Interesting timing there, maybe a chip or two for the Mac Pro.
It really is a buyer be aware situation. This new MBP is certainly a nice upgrade in many ways but don't expect it to be on the market long.
The vast majority of Intels mobile processors don't support more than 16 GB of RAM. This isn't an Apple issue honestly.
You will like the track pad. Force touch seems to work really well for me on the 13" MBPRumors to that effect have been active for months now. However those SkyLake chips where expected mid year but it looks like Apple could wait that long. I suspect they wanted the best upgrade they could manage for the back to school shopping crowd as that starts right about now.I could imagine a few VP's at Apple getting extremely heated under the collar over Intels long drawn...
You have to imagine that Apple is a bit upset with Intel right about now.Tired would be the polite way to put it.Actually it will be pretty interesting to see how these new chips work.Probably new screen technology. The GPU might be more power efficient too.
We do you feel the need to pay taxes to a state where you have no representation and never set foot in. Further the sale wasn't made in your state so it has no valid claim to taxes.
Sounds like Apple is getting ready to introduce new hardware, possibly Mac Pros and video screens.
What I'd love to see them do at WWDC is to announce that the next years worth of development at Apple will focus on bugs and performance issues in Mac OS. Especially the Apple supplied apps that come as part of MacOS. Some of these apps like Preview for example, just suck performance wise. Maybe this will mean rebuilt libraries and apps, some of them rebuilt in Swift.As for hardware I'd be surprised by an Apple TV update at WWDC. This isn't impossible of course but...