or Connect

Posts by wizard69

First let me say that this will be one very interesting quarter!I see this as the most interesting unknown at this point. That is how did Mac sales do. I say this because there is supposedly a big glut of unsold PC out there right now.All indications are iPhone sales will be huge this quarter relative to the year ago results. As I say I expect the report to be interesting.
The way I look at it, if the storage device (be it flash or something else) is formatted to support a storage system in the same way a magnetic disk is, then it is a Solid State Disk. As far as a hardware and software combo to realize that SSD , there are many ways to skin a cat here.This gives Apple some advantages, the controller is closely coupled to the SoC thus they can drive performance as they please. It also gives them comeplete control over reliability, bus...
One of the most useful classes I took was an assembly language course. Not that I ever programmed in assembly again but it really helps you understand what is going on in the processor.If you followed Apples WWDC videos you will learn that object oriented programming is an old mans approach. Maybe not punch card old but it is a technology that isn't always the best choice. Try out the protocol oriented programming video. There are other efforts afoot to displace...
I don't like Objective C at all and more so I find the SDK strange and obtuse.Objective C is fairly easy to understand as it is a minor extension of C. It is how they use it in the SDK that I find problematic. The only thing you can do is find a good book and try to ignore the practices seen on other systems.Swift can be useful to an extent without a strong background in Objective C. With each revision it has become more independent than previous version. However it...
Safari page reloads are killing me here!This is the second attempt but to make it short and sweet I have to say I agree.Beyond that the indications are that this course requires that the student have a background in object oriented programming. I take this to mean a prior comp-sci type class. The people at Apple must be grossly out of touch if they think that the majority of high schools have the resources to pull this off.In the end I suspect this course will be used in...
The first part that had me laughing was the bit about "High School iOS instructors". What are we going to see next high school courses for banking, mortuary services, bridge engineering, or some other occupation normally requiring extensive post secondary education. The whole article is a bit surreal.As for your comment, most high schools don't have a computer science program worth a damn. Even the ones that do try would hardly prepare a student for Swift and iOS. ...
I'm not sure about the destroying apart of your equation as the competition is the entire watch industry. However you can make a reasonable bet that every executive at every watch manufacture on the planet is keeping a very very close eye on Apples Watch roll out. A roll out it is too, as they have yet to reach full production capacity.I don't see this as creating a new market, rather I see it as evolving a very old market. The evolution is adding features to a time...
I expect something better than complete ignorance. This is probably why I gave up on network news a long time ago.Conservative doesn't have to mean ignorance and frankly we see as much ignorance from the liberal media. The problem is the transparently biased reporting that seems to have as its agenda to damage Apple in anyway they can. Apple does bad things and frankly screws up from time to time, when it does the facts are good enough. Besides super woman Taylor...
A normal watch doesn't do much but people still use them.Nope! The iPad is a unique device that has its own niche in the marketplace. IPad is orders of magnitude more useful than any other device for those niche uses.Hell there was a time when I got everything done on a PC running NT with smart phones unheard of. The fact is I get different things done with my iPad. It is an ideal device for travel. A lot of that has to do with its size with the screen being big...
Attended and graduated are two different things. That beings said many American colleges have huge ethical problems graduating people that shouldn't. Further many professors are under a lot of pressure to be politically correct and support the fascist administration in Washington. So don't assume that GW is free to offer diplomas in a ethical way.Frankly liberalism has made college diplomas about as valuable as a high school diploma these years. The pressure to...