or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I'm not sure where people get this idea. Mac OS, the core components are running on ARM right now as iOS. Getting desktop Mac OS up and running on ARM would not require much effort at all. The reality is that it is most likely already running on ARM.That largely depends upon the app. If developers follow Apples guidelines it actually would be little more than a recompile. Take a look at the Linux world if you want to see examples of software packages that run on...
The vast majority of DED's articles are garbage, this is just another example. There is no need to counter what is said in the article as most of it is just inflation of common knowledge. Unfortunately it is a writin example more suited for the national enquirer than Apple Insider. Honestly if you find value in this article you need to look in a mirror and asks why.
It isn't so much cheating as it is a demonstration that Apple can put a lot of stuff on the die that is not directly related to GPU/CPU performance. This means they don't have to build larger PC boards to support independent chips for these functions. I've said it many times in these forums but silicon is what the PC board was in the 1980-90's. It is the place where manufactures like Apple now innovate.This is actually key to understanding Apple and innovation, their...
You make an assumption here that they aren't investing in battery research. I'm pretty confident they are doing so quietly. There is a massive amount of research going into battery technology right now, probably more than mankind has invested in decades earlier. It isn't just for personal electronics either, as cars, utilities and solar powered systems are all hot areas for new battery placement. There are two problems though. One is the obvious R&D is slow...
The design currently targets TSMC low power process. Im not sure where that tops out clock wise but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the A8X could run at 2GHz. Switch over to a performance optimized process and it is likely that Apple could exceed 2GHz by a wide margin with an increase in power usage. Of course power usage is only part of the problem, scaling performance requires enhancements to the architecture. For example resized caches, faster RAM, more on...
This is innovation for people that don't want to recognize it. Apple has patented more than a few concepts over the years that likely have lead to the performance we see I Apples A series chips.How much time is the real question. The big problem with a true Dick Tracey watch is the battery though. Until the power nit is cracked I don't see an iWatch being an iPhone replacement anytime soon.Macs or a new product line. Apple could make an A8x powered laptop today...
Well a lot of people here aren't Americans so that might be part of the problem. Then there is a contingent of people that are so far left they think they should be free to walk into anybodies house, at any time and take whatever they want. Many of these people are obviously participants in the welfare state and as such offer no value to humanity.This is perhaps the biggest problem I see with Obamas proposal, it amounts to public theft of private property. A...
I don't know about TS but I lived through all of that and in many ways deregulation was a fantastic success. Nothing is perfect of course but that deregulation freed up the market enough that we now have things like the iPhone that frankly I couldn't have imagined in the 80's. I was a big Star Trek fan back then too so I imagined al, sorts of things.I won't say that that deregulation was perfect but it certainly usered in an era of rapid change for the communications...
Your thinking about net Neutrality defies all logic.The point I was trying to get across is that health regulations do not guarantee that you won't get sick from food. In the end you still need for people to follow good practices.That is exactly what people are expecting out of net neutrality. They are expecting that everybody should pay a flat rate for Internet access no matter the burden they place on the net. Really read the comments you and other have posted. ...
It is worth repeating here you are simply wrong here!. Netflix is as much a customer of AT& T as I am. Honestly I'm not sure how you can see this any other way.