or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Do you really think a lack of ethics is unique in the USA? For that matter how many foreign companies have failed to deliver for apple? There have been more than a few.Huh? Apples loan is secured through the capital,in the building. As for cashing out well that has yet to be proven. I'm sure a compete audit is coming which should reveal any ethical lapses.
So far I've liked what I have seen. However as is always the case with Apple we don't get a lot of info at release time. I does appear that the SSD is PCI Expess which has me wondering if we lost a drive bay. Also it isn't clear what the differences are between the midrange and top of the line models.
Yes it is! I suppose that closes out this thread. Hopefully some blogger will give this thing a tear down soon. Apple web site seems to be more screwed than usual when it comes to technical information. However I now believe that the SSD sits on a PCI Express interface, this should indicate good "disk" performance.The only real disappointments I see are no quad cores and the really slow processor in the intro model. Overall I like what i see though Iris Pro in...
I don't call it pointless but I don't think it is selling as well as some suspect. Poor sales seem to result in Apple pulling this crap and the downward spiral begins.As for constrained supplies, I just read an article where TSMC has indicated that they already get 20% of their entire revenue from their brand spanking new 20 mm founder. That is the foundry Apple chips are made in. That is very significant considering the number and different types of plants TSMC has. ...
Not so much the base machine but an add on line cellular coverage. Third parties can't build that into an iPad. Apple likely would need to partner with a bank or credit card company but I still see such a feature driving lots of sales. Anybody running a small business would benefit. Imagine an electrician, plumber or similar traveling from customer to customer each day. Another good use would be a temporary locations like sporting events festivals and the like. ...
If 16GB wasn't good enough before you would have only gotten 16GB more for your upgrade dollar. This approach just means that you get better value for your upgrade dollar. If anything this will lower the average selling price due to fewer people have a real need for the top of the line model.I really don't understand all the hand wring over the new storage sizes, it is a much more reasonable line up.
Do you ever get the feeling we are being manipulated at these product reveals. Think about it, how many people actually use the cameras on their iPads? I'm just left with the impression that they are trying to pull focus off other aspects of the new machine.For instance the A8X processor. Just try finding info about that chip. They claim it has an extra billion transistors relative to the A8 so those extra transistors have to be doing something.Honestly I'm...
Last year it was obvious that the designs where ready for Touch ID. The problem was production ramp up of the sensors.I'm not a Mini user but this certainly is a bit of stupidity on Apples part. They fall into a pattern here and then wonder why sales are tanking. Look what has happened to iPod Touch which is falling behind even as a gaming platform. It looks like the Mini is in an Apple death spiral already.Well this one I have to disagree with you on. The previous...
Good question, I suspect a new marketing name.This attitude that Apple displays at times is troubling. A device like the Mini exhibits poor sales so they do nothing significant upgrade wise. This leads to a self fulfilling prophecy were sales spiral downward due to the obvious dated nature of the device. Even an update to a simple A8 would have been more inspiring.
I'm surprised that Apple doesn't go after the NFC reader market with iPad. For the guy running a small business that is constantly moving from customer to customer such an iPad would make business life much better.