or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Again you do realize which party has been in power for the last few years don't you? Beyond that neither party is pro war, the problem is sometime you don't have much of a choice. Further any rational person should be able to see what a president reluctant to aggressively use military force has resulted in.True! Normally that is the direct result of local governments not being open to competition preferring cozy deals that see them taking a cut. It is foolish to...
Instead of spewing non sense take a few engineering courses instead of liberal arts and basket weaving. Net neutrality is evil and will work against the people demanding it.I've seen nothing from the other side of the fence that indicates honesty nor a technical understanding of what is being discussed. All I see is pie in the sky non sense about nothing really.Seriously do you really put much thought into your comments? The telcos have been managing their networks...
Wrong! The people on the wrong side of the fence are those that believe their is infinite bandwidth available for the transmission of data. There isn't and frankly demand has been growing rapidly.Basically the problem here is that the people demanding net neutrality are impenitent of the technical realities of managing these complex networks.Your perspective here is based upon a lot of ignorance that I see on this subject. The "pipes" that implement the netwrork have...
Actually that makes all the sense I the world because you don't have the deep pockets to pay for the bandwidth you use! In the end somebody has to pay for the bandwidth used and obviously you can't get the people with shallow pockets to do that.I think you are out of touch with reality. The nature of the economy is such that those with the means pay.If the regulations leads to less competition, especially from outsiders like Google, then is that really what you want to...
Interestingly that depends upon which state you are in. In parts of NY the thruway looks like it was cluster bombed.You do realize that the democrats have been in power for 8 years now. Further bombing can be an effective way to deal with religious zealots.Regulation is control and this is only a stepping stone to the democrats desire to censor the Internet.
Complete rubbish! It is no more democratizing then any other form of communications. Worst it is a refuge for flakes and idiots that do more harm than good.It is up to debate because paying for a better product is a basic freedom. I don't see people whining about BMW's being for sale in this country, how about the cost of a Harley? So why can't Apple pay for a better allotment of bandwidth to better serve its customers? This is what the discussion is all about,...
It is absolutely scary how far this administration has gone to undermine our elected officials. We need to get back to congress making the laws of the land not decrees by an ignorant president.
Interesting! It is amazing how far cell phone camera tech has come.
Nothing in this world is perfect. After my recent update to a new MBP though I love it's sleep capability.
That explains it! I use to do that with my old MBP, really a pain as it was very slow to boot up. With my new MBP {and a good battery} I seldom shut down. This machine is awesome in that respect, I can shut the lid and come back to the machine six hours latter with virtually no battery life lost. It has been a long time since I've rebooted, basically the last Mac OS install.Maybe you need to stop shutting down. Either that or have the Mac wake itself up every...