or Connect

Posts by wizard69

EPubs work fine on iOS devices.By the way I really wish Apple would become more consistent with the way iBooks behaves across platforms. I like it as a place to hold technical documentation often in PDF format. Yes it needs improvements here but for some reason it doesn't sync these documents to iBooks on Mac OS devices. Strange really.
So does this means that Apple is going to up real effort into improving iBooks Author? I realize iBooks Author is free but that doesn't that it should stagnate. IBooks Author needs to be turned into a full blown Authoring system, that allows the majority of the authorship to be done within iBooks Author. Last I knew they recommended text creation in another editor and frankly that is hilarious.
I'm not denying that there is a market for this machine just that I don't want to see it replace the MBAs completely.Hey I really liked my old MBP, but liking that machine doesn't mean that I'd want to replace it with another of the same.You can't be serious! I'm not sure if you are trying to be argument ive here or are just dense but the reason is the same for every other MBA release that has come along enabled by a new Intel processor. You get the layest and greatest...
Actually Intel has more or less lost its massive two year lead over the rest of the industry.You make statements with authority here you simply can't make. Intel in fact does have plans for more process shrinks. Further technologies are coming that may allow much faster chips to aid in increasing performance as process shrinks slow. The industry isn't at a dead end.Beyond that both AMD and NVidia have been improving their hardware designs independent of process...
That would certainly help many users! However is still need conventional USB ports when mobile. This is what makes this discussion so difficult, the design seems to deny that some of the people most in need of an ultra mobile are the same ones that are out in the field actually wanting to use the USB ports.
That is a lot of people!The problem with the stock is that much of Apples business is now in areas that I like to call trendy. The public can and does loose interests in cell phones real fast. Just look at Samsungs crash.Actually world wide the economy is in the crapper, the USA is cruising along doing far better than many other major economies in the world. So when you look at the stock market there is huge concern for multi national companies and their ability...
Well we will see about that, I haven't heard anything that indicates that the new Minis are a run away success.You keep repeating this nonsense when it isn't at all rational. Putting a 15 watt Broadwell into the MBA simply modernizes it. It doesn't in any shape or form turn it into a MBP. This especially considering that MBP is in line for an update also, probably to SkyLake.Broadwell in a MBA wouldn't change that one bit.Sure they can that is what high integration...
I wouldn't expect them to screw it up. At least not hardware wise. The big problem would be the marketing of the product ( is it A Mac, an IOS device or something else).This is what I don't get with respect to the rumored fanless device, I'm not getting good vibes about performance as similar Windows machines have sucked pretty bad in the blogs or forums. I actually think that Apple could ship a better performanc machine right now with an ARM chip in it instead of...
I'd offer but all I have is an iPad 3. The faster RAM in IPad Air 2 does help GPU performance a lot, how it impacts CPU performance isn't documented as well. Even if you had Air 2 it would be only one data point, however let's say it improved things modestly and left us with the XEON only being say 50% faster. It wouldn't be unrealistic to see Apple cut that in half with A9.The other interesting test here would be to see how fast your code is on say a MBA. For some...
Obviously you haven't looked closely at some of Apples newest hardware. We have iMac, Minis and iPad Minis that where done "just good enough".Again Apples current line up proves you wrong. Further if the rumored new MBA is an actual product then they will have gone off the deep end of just good enough.Nope! All we need is overall performance equal to or better than what would have gone in the product if it was built with Intel hardware. Apple never uses Intel best...