or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Actually Apple TV moved beyond niche markets sometime ago, it really isn't a hobby anymore. Apple watch is no more a niche product than anyother expensive watch.You may have a point with the Mac Pro, but I look at it this way it brings credibility to the Mac lineup.Not so much. I've seen the same thing happen in the Windows world at work, people just don't like lugging around massive laptops. In one case I asked why somebody gave up a laptop with a 17" screen and he...
Hi Relic,I was going to skip over this post but then decided to come back to it. I'm doing so because you highlight an important point here, objectivity is often lost with the fanboy crowd.Young guys that have never actually been in a fight trying to pick a fight? I wouldn't go so far as to say "anyone" would be well served by those tablets but they certainly each have a niche to fill. An objective mind would evaluate what is best for his or hers needs. In doing so...
The only reason the Mini 3 exists is to support Touch ID. That was critical due to the need to get Apple Pay well supported at launch. This should be pretty obvious to many out there, Mini 3 wasn't so much an upgrade as it was a modification directly aimed at the Apple Pay launch.As for why the Mini didn't get a decent upgrade that is anybody's guess. I suspect constrained supply but I can't prove that obviously. My understanding is that Samsung is retooling at...
The thing that a lot of people don't seem to understand is that these are mass market devices. Apple has no intention of servicing niche markets which is why we don't see a 17" laptop anymore.I would expect Apple to continue to improve every aspect of iPad including the Touch capability, however I don't ever see them competing with the niche Wacom serves.Yep. Those products are better handled by the smaller companies that can better serve their customers. This isn't...
A8 / A8X would not have a significant imoact on margins. There isn't a significant difference in costs to Apple for the chips.The bigger problem for Apple is the lack of sales lackluster updates like the last Mini update induce. At times Apple is just plain stupid with the management of hardware evolution. To keep iPads higher prices they need to make sure that the hardware is as compelling as the software. Otherwise sales will end up like the Touch's - pretty bad.
If you look at the numbers iPadis doing very well in the market place. As for share you can't expect it to maintann 100% share forever, which it basically had for awhile.It will be interesting to see what this quarters results are, I see massive amounts of money going into iPhones so maybe iPad sales will be low this year. It is actually hard to say, but realistically most demand is for iPads and not android devices. I don't see a massive shift in share this quarter,...
Multiuser capability would be a massive mistake.It is a very unreasonable expectation. These are very personal devices and as such there is no need to share with others.Maybe the parents shouldn't be letting children play with critical devices in their lives. Think about how life was 20 years ago when everybody had a phone hanging on the wall, did you let the kids play with it? Of course not. Most parents would have taught the child how to use it in an emergency...
Apple Pay will be huge for Apple.
My god man try a little bit harder here. A little empathy for the needs of others would go a long way here.Why do the MBA's come in two sizes and likewise the MBP's? Think about it a bit, not everyone has the same exact needs here.I would hope so! The problem with this discussion is that people have zero imagination here. All they can see is the crappy interface MicroSoft came up with.What do you mean here, iPads already do app switching. The app is off screen...
I'm not to sure about that, Apple seems to be hell bent on staying far ahead of the competition, this includes anything that NVidia, Intel or AMD may have up their sleeves for 2015. I can see them going A9 on an iPad Pro in 2015 simply because the volumes would be right for manufacturing lines that are ramping up.That sounds about right.Yes but it isn't the Apple of old anymore. If the tablet is indeed marketed as an iPad Pro I would suspect that they would superset...