or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Here is Intels release: http://blogs.intel.com/technology/2015/08/bringing-intel-xeon-to-notebook-pcs/. There is always the possibility that they will debut technology at hot chips www.hotchips.org. The ISSCC is at the end of January 2016, this is another place to get your self up to date technology wise. Or Intel could have their own dog and pony show. It is hard to tell for certain but the fact that they sort of announced the chip kinda indicates something...
That is hardly a big enough audience to sustain a product. Given that I still see many applications for such hardware outside of content creation.Well I don't know about that. However Intel does have something like 30 different custom Xeon chips that it is making for various users. Could Apple have requested such a chip - possible but I'd suggest that the market is much wider than the Apple clique.If it was Apple the question then becomes what hardware will it go...
It is hardly free on mobile. In fact they average user big time.Yep, so what is your point. By the way they could consider reasonable ad strategies that don't burden the user.Some will, but that isn't my problem.
Sure they are. It a nut shell that has what has inspired this reaction to them.It isn't so much the number but rather the damage they do to your system and the bandwidth they use.Yes exactly! Some jobs simply aren't socially acceptable. Earlier I likened the ad industry to the prostitution industry and frankly the ad industry does more damage to society than the prostitution industry.
I've been using UBlock. It has been good so far but I've only have used it for only six months so far.
It is the web sites without "product" that need the income from ads. This very site is a good example and frankly a good example of not going overboard with ads.I will be using ad blocking the moment it is ready but I won't be blocking sites that I frequent if the ads remain reasonable. In the end places like Appleinsider need income to stay on the air so to speak.
This is a huge factor in my hate of ads. Further as machine performance goes up ads just become more complex and use up that performance. If people don't believe this I urge them to try an ad blocker because the performance impact can be dramatic even on a new computer.The other thing I don't like is bandwidth usage which is dramatic. This take money right out of my pocket. Often ads are several times the content in download costs.Yep! I may premit ads on...
Frankly my dear I don't give a damn how they support themselves. For all I care they can walk the street doing tricks. Of course the problem with that is that the hookers would complain about the neighborhood going to hell because of the Madison Avenue types.The problem with ads are two fold. One is that they impact a machines performance. Second they use my bandwidth.There is a third issue for some users in that ads are a vector for malware, viruses and such.Not...
Having a bit of die casting experience (zinc) and a lot of plastics experience you have to realize how the process works. The material gets injected into a die under high pressure, following channels in the die (sprues) which may or may not remain attached to the actual part as it is ejected from the die. If there are parts to be removed from a part it was common to knock those parts off in a trim press. If high accuracy was required the trim,press can act as a...
Gambling is a or maybe potentially, is a skill. A good poker player understands the games odds but also is skilled at reading people. The way the stock market works of late is far more reckless than gambling.Unfortunately it isn't based on Las Vegas style gambling. An individual that know what he is doing can beat the odds in Vegas on some of the games. Things like poker are really games about being able to read an opponent as much as anything else. The world...