or Connect

Posts by wizard69

To deny the truth is perhaps the greatest mistake a populace can make. Using your logic the flag of the United States should be banded in England. I'm a strong believer in the idea that trying to make things invisible just increases people's desire to associate with that which we try to hide.You need to realize these people aren't examples of intelligent and well developed beings take the flag away and they will come up with other symbols to rally around in public. ...
Any policy that allows a group or single individual so much influence is nonsense. The reality is somebody somewhere will get their shorts in a bunch over things the rest of us would not bother with. It is a significant issue in this country right now, individuals can set policy with out the general approval of the populace.
14 nm should allow them a good 20% increase in clock rate with no penalty.My gut feeling is that we may see an Apple cell processor built into A9 along with other goodies.
SkyLake gets a new and improved GPU subsection. What it will be called I don't know off the top of my head. Leaks suggest a significant performance increase.
My guess is his goal is some sort of obsolescence prevention. That would be fine if Apple released the port details so that others could market compatible SSD's for the iMacs (really all Apple products). Right now it doesn't make much difference because there is little int he way of third party SSD's for the new Mac PCI Express supported machines.It is unfortunate but many see GPU's as extra CPU's available for all sorts of acceleration. This is hardly the case as...
I really don't know but at this point wouldn't expect it to have a 4 lane PCI-Express controller. If you want that most likely you will have to wait for the next rev. At the moment I can't even recall a decent technical review of the recent iMacs.A quick edit:Over on Mac Rumors they are reprint on information suggesting a 4K iMac is coming. The evidence is skimpy but is coming from Beta 2 of ElCapitan. If Apple waits for SkyLake the new version could be sometime...
It is an attitude that is highly dangerous and actually feeds racism and bigotry.Gun violence in this country isn't nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be. A good portion of it is directly related to the drug trade.In this case Apple just gave the racist another tool to pick up more members. Sometimes I really don't think the liberal elite get it, their policies often fuel resentment and as a result the very racism they are trying to eliminate.We have had over a...
This is really sad on Apples part. Like it or not the flag is part of history, a very dark and dangerous part of this countries history. I'm more concerned about games associated with wars than I am about games associated with a flag belonging to one side. War is not and never has been a game. Beyond all of that this backlash against the rebel flag will likely have the opposite effect of what people want to achieve here. It will drive more of these nut cases...
This friend of yours.....
Which is complete ignorance. Attitudes like this reflect the fact that many Americans have no connection at all with manufacturing these days. In fact it highlights that few have ever been involved in a new manufacturing line start up. I can assure you that no matter how much money you throw at it, you just don't flip a switch and have massive volumes of new product coming off the production line. A ramp up and debug is a given part of the process.