or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Yep it would be very nice to see much faster RAM in my next iPad.In relation to the iPad RAM has always been a bottle neck. 1GB just doesn't cut it these days and the alternatives to large RAM foot prints just mask the problem and slow the machine down. I'm so convinced of the seriousness of the RAM problem on my iPad 3 that I won't up grade until Apple at least doubles available RAM. However 4GB would be an even better move.How quickly something supporting DDR 4...
Probably around the speed of a Core Duo. Understand though that an A7 would need adaptation to work well as a desktop processor. The number one concern would be a better memory interface. They would likely need to add some high speed ports to the chip. In the end it would be hard to guess actual performance. I think it is fair to say that current A7 hardware is RAM starved and bandwidth limited.the other big unknown is how fast can the A7 actually run. 2, 3 or 4...
Maybe. There are rumors about that Intel will be implementing DDR 4 in some of the Haswell refresh models. I'm not sure I believe this but it would be nice. It would make the boring Haswell refresh far more interesting. Problem is nothing on CPU-World supports those rumors.At this point Haswell refresh comes in June. If true that could mean next year before we see a Mini with DDR4.
I like your thinking here!!It may not be special but the various manufactures have the ability to exceed others quality wise honestly if Microns RAM draws a few micro amps less than the competition it is a big advantage in mobile. Beyond that Micron has had a long relationship with Apple.Hybrid Memory Cube would be a wonderful turn of events! The speed of this stuff is pretty incredible but you need the right interface on your processor. This is where Apples DIY...
Not to quote you twice but are you thinking about the so called Braswell chip Intel is talking up? If so that would have to be an extremely low end MBA. Apples A7 would perform about the same.
A little more information wouldn't hurt! Links? Is this Broadwell / 14 nm tech or a rehashed Haswell?
True there would be costs but there are also benefits to doing such things in Vegas. For one the strip isn't a city like San Francisco, it is a far more enjoyable place to visit and yes I've been in both cities. The big advantage for Apple though is easy accommodations for a very large crowd of people. Apple could open up WWDC to 10,000 people and they wouldn't even be noticed in Las Vegas.
Interesting thought. Makes me wonder which surfing beach they will choose next for a product name. I'm thinking something either from Hawaii or Australia.
For many if they don't understand something they don't see it as new or a feather in Apples cap. This is why the great accomplishment of the A series processors gets ignored, especially the A7. A7 is a significant confirmation of Apples design skills, the more information that leaks out the more it becomes obvious that A7 demonstrates a significant advancement for Apple and is in fact a very new product.On the other hand I do expect much more this year than last so...
It wouldn't be WWDC then. Instead you would have AWDC, EWDC and AWDC, for Americas, Europe and Asia. Due to the usual technology roll outs that wouldn't work at all