or Connect

Posts by wizard69

That is good.How about $599 with a 128 GB of flash.How about $699 with 256 GB of flash and a 20% faster SoC.This isn't unreasonable as you can get 256 GB drives thes days for around $100 bucks retail. Since Apple buys wholesale and only needs the actual flash chips the cost to Apple for the flash will be well under $100. The faster SoC would be a trivial cost as testing on each die is already done. Note that this is $200 more than the base model which is actually a lot...
I did say if another platform gets traction. As it is the faster hardware is out there to build such a machine.I believe this was in fact a big reason for the Mini to exist, that is to protect its flank from the competition.As it is I do see the possibility of a viable iPad product in that price range and that would be to give it features to make it a viable replacement of the iPod for musicians. Give the machine real features that makes it distinctive and worth the...
Tough luck for Apple, they need to find a way to make their users happy and to make a profit at the same time.Baloney! It would be silly of them to even have the product on the market if that was true. The profit isn't the same as a MBP but it is certainly larger than most of the accessories they sell.Actually I thought it was to have a competitive product to market against the Android machines.I've seen no evidence that this was the case. Very few iPad users...
The question Apple should be asking itself is why are these margins so low and why are people not buying the higher margin versions. It is pretty clear in my mind, people avoid the higher cost models due to the obvious rip off in pricing. Apple is simply charging way to much for trivial flash upgrades in its iPads. The cost of flash to Apple is far below what consumers pay and consumers can get some very nice deals on flash storage right now. Effectively Apple has...
First off nobody really cares what you want!Apple has been far too stingy with flash in its iOS products and that needs to be addressed. As such a "pro" machine needs far more flash storage. RAM is likewise a problem but flash storage is a far more serious issue.Yeah let's have yet another revision that tries to sell last years hardware. The iPad AIR needs to have far more flash at each price point. The price of flash has dropped like a rock over the last two years...
Most likely Apple is making close to a $150 on each unit sold. That over cost to manufacture each unit and does not include other costs to get each unit into customers hands. This stuff is made amazingly cheap in the far east.
I see A.P.P.L.E. Just released a new version of the IIGS operating system. The last rev was 20 some odd years ago.Nothing frustrates me more than Apples stupidity with respect to the lack of serious upgrades that lead to diminishing sales and eventually failed products. They have done this with Touch, Mac Pro, iPad Mini, MBA and many other pieces of hardware leading people to become hostile to Apple and its products. As noted Mini3 was especially bad in this...
If Apple is serious about the "Pro" name it would really help to have a more powerful operating system. This doesn't mean OS/X in my mind. It is the little things that "pro users" go for that makes sense. For example application scripting with a system common language is very useful. There are lots of little things that would attract more advanced uses if incorporated into iOS and its apps. Such features wouldn't turn the platform into a Mac OS.While I can't see...
Interesting comments!It wouldn't be if other platforms got traction in the marketplace.One of the problems I have with Apple is their neglect of a product that isn't meeting whatever goals they have in mind at the time. This neglect turns the product into a Has been before it even gets traction in the marketplace. IPad Minis last half assed upgrade is a perfect example of this and has the consequence of completely cooling sales.That is a good comparison but imagine...
Hardly. In fact I'm not sure where this idea that iPad is overkill ever came from as you are not the only one I've heard it from. IPad simply doesn't have the performance to run one of its primary apps well which in case you are wondering is Safari.The problem is we are talking entirely different markets here. IPad Air owners for the most part don't want a massive iPad. For big I can grab my laptop.Knowing a few businessmen I highly doubt that.