or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Well we will see about that, I haven't heard anything that indicates that the new Minis are a run away success.You keep repeating this nonsense when it isn't at all rational. Putting a 15 watt Broadwell into the MBA simply modernizes it. It doesn't in any shape or form turn it into a MBP. This especially considering that MBP is in line for an update also, probably to SkyLake.Broadwell in a MBA wouldn't change that one bit.Sure they can that is what high integration...
I wouldn't expect them to screw it up. At least not hardware wise. The big problem would be the marketing of the product ( is it A Mac, an IOS device or something else).This is what I don't get with respect to the rumored fanless device, I'm not getting good vibes about performance as similar Windows machines have sucked pretty bad in the blogs or forums. I actually think that Apple could ship a better performanc machine right now with an ARM chip in it instead of...
I'd offer but all I have is an iPad 3. The faster RAM in IPad Air 2 does help GPU performance a lot, how it impacts CPU performance isn't documented as well. Even if you had Air 2 it would be only one data point, however let's say it improved things modestly and left us with the XEON only being say 50% faster. It wouldn't be unrealistic to see Apple cut that in half with A9.The other interesting test here would be to see how fast your code is on say a MBA. For some...
Obviously you haven't looked closely at some of Apples newest hardware. We have iMac, Minis and iPad Minis that where done "just good enough".Again Apples current line up proves you wrong. Further if the rumored new MBA is an actual product then they will have gone off the deep end of just good enough.Nope! All we need is overall performance equal to or better than what would have gone in the product if it was built with Intel hardware. Apple never uses Intel best...
It simply doesn't matter any more. The overwhelming vast majority of Apple users simply don't care about windows compatibility any more. IPad weaned them from that dependency. Beyond that I would expect Apple to ship the machine with all native apps to begin with.Even if Apple did want to extend i86 compatibility there are new ways to do that such as recompiling the executable.You don't think that through as Apple is leading the pack with ARM design.You do realize...
Why do you believe this? If the rumors are true, Apple is about to release a laptop that is most certianly a regression performance wise. It isn't about the current user experience it is rather selling the type of user experience customers want. (I'm not too sure customers want the rumored machine).Besides the user experience is so dependent upon how the customer uses his machine that you can't realistically say it will be a negative for everybody. In some cases...
Very interesting! It would be most interesting to see your results running this app on an iPad Air 2. The idea is to see what the faster RAM would do for you. Right now the Apple implementations of the ARM processors suffer from a small cache, faster RAM might indicate if that small cache is impacting the performance numbers.That is pretty interesting, is the XEON locked to a clock rate or is it free to scale up and down?I would expect the Xeons to be faster, that...
In a sense the benefits all lie with Apple, the consumer could benefit from a lower price but for most Apple users that doesn't mean much.It all comes back to my old argument that silicon is today what the printed circuit board was to engineers in the 1980's. That is the silicon is where innovation takes place these days. Apple will likely stay with Intel as long as they continue to integrate more and more useful tech onto the dies. Also Intel has to become more...
I highly doubt the base model would be above $1000I don't think even Apple could pull that off. No matter how you look at it the platform will be seen as a stripped down MBA. As such they will need to beat the base model 11" machines price. As for Gruber he is often full of it.Here is the thing, the machine will not have a lot of expensive electrinics in it. The processors most likely one that Intel is targeting the tablet market with. As such the processor itself...
People could be surprised, it may come in under $700. A fanless machine simply won't have the performance to command prices higher than $1000. Beyond that the minimalist design means less "stuff" to go into the box. Less stuff means a lower price.