or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Obviously you can't read for content!The Middle East was fractured well before any of the recent presidents took office. To believe otherwise is a denial of history. However this president created the mess that is now thereWhy? In most locations the local communities set up the monopolies, it makes sense to demand change with these community leaders. So the question is if politicians are as easily bought off as you imply how will we see a positive result from more...
This president through his in action in the Middle East and several other fronts has lead us nearer to a new world war than any president before him since the last world war. That is pretty ignorant behavior especially in a world with multiplying nuclear capabilities.The man has been wrong on so many issues it doesn't even pay to list them all. Frankly he has the mentality of a third world dictator and as such should be accorded similar respect.
I work automation and as such am familiar with many different types of networks. They all have issues but the primary one is that at some point you will try to pump more bits through a pipe than it can handle. That may cause you to reconfigure the network or otherwise adjust to free up bandwidth. This is no different than what the telcos have to do to support operations like Netflix.You should read you contracts because most consumers are not guaranteed those...
I fully understand that. But they are also paying for a guaranteed level of service due to the way they can saturate the telcos networks.Again I have to say most of the net neutrality arguments are coming from people that simply don't understand the technology. I can pay for my LTE bandwidth every month but that does imply that the bandwidth is available every hour of every day of the week. The bandwidth is a function of load, distance and other factors as I'm not...
Which is exactly how it should be! I'm not sure why people think that services like Netfix should get a free ride on the net. I still believe that most people in favor of net neutrality simply don't understand the technology nor the impact that Netfix and similar operations have on the network.I see a lot of fear mungering from the net neutrality crowd that seems to imply that they will personally loose something if we don't push net neutrality forward. That is pure...
Then you don't understand the dangers net neutrality will present to the end user. The problem is that somebody has to pay for the bandwidth and it that regard it is far better for Netflix and other bulk users to pay for that bandwidth rather than the average consumer. The vast majority of consumers are only interested in a couple of things out of the net. That is streaming services, E-Mail, and the web. Net neutrality would have zero impact on e-Mail and the web, it...
Obviously you are not up to speed on the latest attempts from Washington to censor the Internet, this time going after books that float about the net. This has nothing to do with local ISP or even national carriers but is rather a direct effort by the administration to attempt to limit what you can access on the net. The net neutrality move would only make it easier for the likes of these people to further control what you can read or see on the net. The current...
Republicans didn't set up the monopolies that we see in most of this country that is a function of local government. The reality is you actually do see more competition in Europe due to less regulation. Surprise.
More nonsense.No it didn't, your local governments allowed that to happen.We don't need regulation of the carriers beyond what is already there, we need regulation of government to make sure that the local authority doesn't offer exclusive contracts to what ever carrier finds the most corrupt official. This in a nut shell has created the biggest problem we have today, which is the high costs of services.
Actually they caught up because of excessive government spending. Our biggest problem is we spend far to much of the budget on social and far to little on more productive uses for a tax dollar. We need to go cold turkey with respect to welfare for one an if there are riots in the streets we need to shoot the lazy bastards!Then we need to start in on corrupt state governments and make the states respect the constitutions and find a new desire to implement equality in...