or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I look at it this way it is all about power, power as in watts. Considering Apple has a ways to go yet just to keep A7 core feed there is much that can be improved performance wise with the dual core chip. This is why I see a dual core for the iPhone as a real possibility. They have to find a balance between thermal power and computational power.That would be great for iPhone, maybe not so great for iPad, an enhanced AppleTV or other devices Apple has coming.Enough...
A performance enhanced A8 would be good enough for iPhone, however it won't do for iPad and some other things Apple could be working on. This is why I've stated before that I could see "X" variants again of Apples processors. With the X variants targeting higher performance machines, it would be easy for Apple to deliver a highly optimized cell phone chip.Beyond that I've heard solid rumors that Apples goals this go around have been improved power efficiency. People...
They could have contacted him about an NDA and he could have said no. Not everybody rolls over when Apple comes knocking.
Lots of people are waiting on Apple to do a decent upgrade to all of its Mac products. here are a few things Apple has done that are worthless:1. made the iMac thinner2. made the iMac next to impossible to upgrade.3. ignored the Mini and the fantastic potential the latest chips could have on that platform.4. updated the AIR and didn't bother to update the SSD to higher capacity devices at each price point. This actually boggles the mind.5. left the line up in...
I don't understand their position here either. Like you I believe accessibility is important but there are limits. What is perplexing here is that not all app developers have the resources to add support for the blind, saddling all developers with this sort of requirement would really cool development of apps for iOS.What is worst here is that some apps would never have a rational purpose for the blind. Does Angery Birds need need to support the blind? I just see...
It took a couple of days but I just realized how this is so similar to the machine tool industry. A quality machine tool built a century ago can still be extremely functional however it won't have the fancy CNC controls and other electronics on it (unless retrofitted). A good machinist can still make use of such a machine tool and frankly many run fine businesses with such tools. However a rather larger majority of business these days would opt for CNC based machine...
Even the current iMac leaves a lot to be desired especially in comparison to Apples laptops. Your current machine really isn't that old, id find things to distract myself and look at what available at the end of the year.It is the number of pixels that makes the difference. That being said iMacs are far from gaming machines even if Iris Pro is a huge step up for Intel.Very poor values obviously which is another reason to wait as we should see significant bumps in base...
Dont be so damn gullible here, CO2 has not been proven to be an issue in the quantities being produced. In fact the latest research from NASA shows no increase in global temperatures for a decade. The so called link between CO2 and the supposed temeorature increases is the result of a computer model that has failed repeatedly to produce results reflecting reality.As for life CO2 is required by all plant life on the planet! This is basic science. So ask yourself...
More importantly that plant would generate continously compared to a solar plant that goes dark 50% of the time and is only generating optimally part of the day. ID even go so far as to say that maintenance would be cheaper in the long run.I don't have a problem with Apple wasting its money, after all they earned it. What I have a problem with is the massive waste of land for a low impact and inefficient energy production system. We are already talking about at least...
What is wrong with gas or nuke?Gas is one of those resources that you either use or it gets wasted. Where I grew up if you drilled a well for a house you often ended up with natural gas in the water, it literally seaps out of the ground all on its own. I remember as a kid the well being drilled, it wasn't that deep and you could actually hear the gas bubbling up. Eventually my father capped the well and hooked it up to a grill. The gas didn't go away so...