or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Considering the process technology the current watch is built upon, the next one could be very interesting indeed. One of the reasons I call this watch a proof of concept is that good sales will drive development of better supporting technology. In this case I'm thinking a process shrink for the SoC which also results in higher integration. That ought to result in a significant amount of power savings.To look at it another way, look at the first iPad or iPhone and...
There are a lot of idiots out there. It is foolish to expect a high end proof of concept device to have the same sales volumes as an iPhone. I say proof of concept here because I think we will see the same increase in capability that we saw with the original iPhone Seen in the first few years. Put enough functionality in that watch and you will see many adopting it.
Maybe, but there is lots of supporting evidence. For example one of my semiconductor trade publications has indicated that the entire cell phone market is down except for Apple. Sales for iPhone related parts are still strong at this moment in time. That is rather shocking in one way but then the indications are that strong sales are the result of China which sits on a different cycle thn the USA.Apples next quarterly will be most interesting.
This is the problem with secrets that aren't so secret. Early knowledge builds up expectations in people that don't understand R&D and manufacturing technologies. It can literally take years to put together a complete production system for new materials like this.
It would be foolish on Apples part because the technology is promising in so many areas outside of Apples core businesses. No doubt this is why the license is so focused on consumer electronic goods.
It really isn't trolling, every computer I've ever had ended up needing more RAM. It is a need that won't go away. The lack of RAM was one of my greatest frustrations with my Mac Plus. One of the reasons I switched to Linux after that machine became unbearable is the fact that RAM was easy to deal with along with upgrades to other hardware. There was a whole decade of rapid hardware and software improvements.To put it another way, UNIX was running on old DEC...
very interesting and corresponds with some stuff I've been hearing which is that key players did not want to give up on the legacy code and design in OpenGL. In other words competing factions probably had a big impact on everybody doing their own thing, thus Mattle, metal,and other new 3D library solutions.This makes me wonder if metal supports a GLSL layer. I honestly don't research this in depth.GPUs just keep getting better too. AMD just announce chips with 4000...
I suspect a lot of people here don't realize just how small Ireland is. It is after all an island that you can drive across in part of a day, this makes land use a critical issue. I really doubt they will get buy in for a massive solar panel complex as it wastes land. The other thing that caught my eye is the resistance to outdoor lighting, this is something that we don't have in the USA but it does make Ireland a beautiful place to be at night. So I can see strong...
On the contrary anything that leads to higher performance out of the camera system is to be welcomed. The ring actually serves several purposes one of which to provide a way to locate accessories. Even if they could collapse the optical path to eliminate the need for the ring you would still want the locating feature and the protection the ring offers. Beyond that I want more out of iPhones camera, one of those mores being a real optical Zoom.
A lot of people do live in the past. However at the moment SSD's sit on PCI Express busses and as such could be replaceable.Faster RAM solutions will be socket resistant also simply due to the need to keep the signals short and clean. What are people going to do when RAM is built into the processor package? Like you I really don't think people get it! We are on the verg on a new generation of hardware that will dramatically change how PC's are built.I've been very...