or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Happens all the time! That is why you often see large firms stumble often due to "professional" manager's being decoupled from the technology they are managing. I don't even know if this is true however as a company working with the same vendor's all the time can lead to problems for both the seller and the buyer. I'm glad to see that Apple is agressive in searching out for the most capable suppliers.Doesnt matter really. Pick up a large phone book from any...
Some people read way way way to much into a product number for a new device.
Remeber it is far easier to get a big percentage increase if your volumes are already low.
Of course they could do something like that but it really wouldn't be the update many are hoping for. That coming die shrink would likely mean a very cool running but high performance computer.That is sorta of the point with waiting for Broadwell. Broadwell would potentially provide a processor cool enough to go into the 13". I say potential because it appear all bets are off and Intel isn't even sure what they will be shipping.As for a faster 13" id certianly...
Makes no sense really. I'm actually hoping Apple can knock some sense into Intel and see this spec adjusted to something rational. As you note trying to supply a 100 watts per port would be next to impossible on a laptop and laptops are where TB would be most useful at this point. That is interfacing to high resolution displays in a plug and play environment.Note to do a 100 watts they would have to raise the port voltage supply dramatically too. Other wise you...
TB was originally specked for ten watts. I suspect the intention there was to support optical cables and not much more. I thought TB was executed to boost that but I will have to research that a bit. Still it doesn't matter because to the best of my knowledge TB can only supply power from the laptop, the laptop can not receive.As you may know USB has continually upgraded the power capabilities of the port. Again I would have to look it up but it is way more power...
For all we know the leaks seen so far could be orchestrated by Apple to fuel discussions in the forums. Leak info about one machine and the larger one becomes the one more thing surprise.Actually Apple is pushing the state of the art for growing Sapphire. It might not be possible to mass produce Sapphire ingots large enough to make windows for such a large phone.mini also runs a bit slower even if it does have an A7. Physical size is a huge factor here as it directly...
Proud of yourself?I really dont see any reason to gamble here or look at it as gambling. At least not in the context of the screen because it makes no difference at all to me if it has Gorila Glass or Sapphire or some sort of lamination of the two. It simply isn't a check point with regards to my willingness to buy a iPhone this year. More RAM, Flash and CPU horse power at a given price point is though, in case you are wondering.It is sad that you see this as an...
A lot of possible reasons come to mind:they may want to try out new manufacturing methods before risking the entire product line.weight may be an issue even with aluminum.they may want to integrate technologies into the case rear that are substantially different than what they have planned for the smaller machine.the May be using additional RF bands that require different materials to implement additional antennasbecause.When I see things like this I really question the...
If the Broadwell delay in fact happens the way it has been reported, I have to imagine that it will be screwing up many of Apples plans. We may not see new MBP until 2015 .I don't think Apple is so hung up on dates. They will ship when hardware is available. The longer hardware is delayed the greater the need to ship when that hardware finally comes.I don't see a problem, all they need to do is keep the professional features on the 13"MBP. That is TB 2 ( 2 ports),...