or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Having a bit of die casting experience (zinc) and a lot of plastics experience you have to realize how the process works. The material gets injected into a die under high pressure, following channels in the die (sprues) which may or may not remain attached to the actual part as it is ejected from the die. If there are parts to be removed from a part it was common to knock those parts off in a trim press. If high accuracy was required the trim,press can act as a...
Gambling is a or maybe potentially, is a skill. A good poker player understands the games odds but also is skilled at reading people. The way the stock market works of late is far more reckless than gambling.Unfortunately it isn't based on Las Vegas style gambling. An individual that know what he is doing can beat the odds in Vegas on some of the games. Things like poker are really games about being able to read an opponent as much as anything else. The world...
Interesting question, currently the iMac uses desktop processors. Or it did have, the iMac is my least favorite Mac so I don't follow it much.If this processor actually exists and comes in a six core variant, I could see Apple going that route for the 27" model. It would have to be a model that doesn't require a GPU. I assuming here that the XEON would be GPU free, which isn't even a given anymore.
Intel is saving info on that chip for their next conference! Given that it would be nice those Apple bring back a large screen machine with a sox core Xeon in it. One of the worst things about the 17" machine was the high cost for little more than a large screen. Give a 16-18" screen portable, a laptop Xeon with real benefits and it might be worth the cost.You still have the problem of suitable volume for a niche machine but giving the machine real functional...
True but then I'd be spending money on something with no future.
Actually it makes lots of sense since so many of the new OS features are ideal for iPad.
It better be soon, the battery in my iPhone 4 is really on its last leg.
You would be right. The only positive thing here is that the plans are apparently shared across devices. On the other hand it appears that they Nicole and fine people with additional fees.There are pay as you go plans in the USA but often they include very little. Frankly the situation is so bad in the USA I'm thinking about giving up one of my data plans. I just don't know if I really want to give up on iPhone vs my iPad. I use a lot of data on my iPad and a...
A lot of people don't realize these days how deeply into Linux IBM is. It is a good thing for the Linux and UNIX communities.
Now if only Apple would make a decent t stand alone display that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for us laptop and Mini users.That 26 billion could be going to a lot of dramatically different machines so it is hard to guess the impact on the iMac. That being said it is about time the platform went through a major overhaul. For one I would not be surprised to see a fanless iMac 21" machine soon. It would take a new approach to the back shell where the aluminum...