or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Republicans didn't set up the monopolies that we see in most of this country that is a function of local government. The reality is you actually do see more competition in Europe due to less regulation. Surprise.
More nonsense.No it didn't, your local governments allowed that to happen.We don't need regulation of the carriers beyond what is already there, we need regulation of government to make sure that the local authority doesn't offer exclusive contracts to what ever carrier finds the most corrupt official. This in a nut shell has created the biggest problem we have today, which is the high costs of services.
Actually they caught up because of excessive government spending. Our biggest problem is we spend far to much of the budget on social and far to little on more productive uses for a tax dollar. We need to go cold turkey with respect to welfare for one an if there are riots in the streets we need to shoot the lazy bastards!Then we need to start in on corrupt state governments and make the states respect the constitutions and find a new desire to implement equality in...
The problem is the administration has been bought! The purchase was made by ignorant people that want to freeload on the rest of society. It is no surprise for example that the Free Software crowd is a big proponent of net neutrality. Why? Simple they are the types of people that never pick up the tab.The common thread I'm seeing here is the insistence from the net neutrality people that they need the same acces to the net as everyone else but don't want to pay for...
Having traveled a bit I know exactly what you are saying. Sadly the quality of the interstates vary widely from state to state but in many cases the roads are far worst than what is seen in many places outside the U.S.
The responsibility for the creation of laws in this country reside with the legislative branches of government not the courts and certainly not with the executive branch. Trying to twist laws writing at a different time for different technologies to support an executive branch pie in the sky policy is at best sleazy and at worst illegal. I'm leaning toward illegal because it undermines the whole intent of the constitution and the partitioning of powers that it lays out.
Again you do realize which party has been in power for the last few years don't you? Beyond that neither party is pro war, the problem is sometime you don't have much of a choice. Further any rational person should be able to see what a president reluctant to aggressively use military force has resulted in.True! Normally that is the direct result of local governments not being open to competition preferring cozy deals that see them taking a cut. It is foolish to...
Instead of spewing non sense take a few engineering courses instead of liberal arts and basket weaving. Net neutrality is evil and will work against the people demanding it.I've seen nothing from the other side of the fence that indicates honesty nor a technical understanding of what is being discussed. All I see is pie in the sky non sense about nothing really.Seriously do you really put much thought into your comments? The telcos have been managing their networks...
Wrong! The people on the wrong side of the fence are those that believe their is infinite bandwidth available for the transmission of data. There isn't and frankly demand has been growing rapidly.Basically the problem here is that the people demanding net neutrality are impenitent of the technical realities of managing these complex networks.Your perspective here is based upon a lot of ignorance that I see on this subject. The "pipes" that implement the netwrork have...
Actually that makes all the sense I the world because you don't have the deep pockets to pay for the bandwidth you use! In the end somebody has to pay for the bandwidth used and obviously you can't get the people with shallow pockets to do that.I think you are out of touch with reality. The nature of the economy is such that those with the means pay.If the regulations leads to less competition, especially from outsiders like Google, then is that really what you want to...