or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I tend to see the same thing self driving cars will be lucky to function on many roads especially when environmental conditions get bad. We will eventually get there but I will likely be dead before truly self drive cars have evolved to the point where people will actually prefer them.This is interesting because I would see a Rural road as a more difficult choice in bad weather. That from personal driving experience in storms and the like. Cities leave lots of hints...
Code:In many ways your desire for a stick shift puts you squarely in the past! The new Electric technology is vastly different than an internal combustion engine from the drivability standpoint. For one there is no overriding need for a transmission and even if there is one it doesn't really need a massive number of gears or even human input.While I can understand the idea of "fun to drive" electric cars just deliver a different kind of fun.
The fact is people are keeping their cars for longer than they ever did in the past. Part of that due to increased durability and part due to the expense. In many areas you can buy a decent home for the price of a car these days.The number has slowly been creeping up though I don't know the specifics at the moment. I asked Siri but got answers that are all over the place. The fact that car loans can run for 5+ years is pretty damning though.Actually we don't know if...
Velcro Is one of mankind greatest inventions, probably a step or two behind the laser. We use the stuff all over the place at work.I agree with you here 100%, a dedicated remote is highly preferred however that doesn't mean alternative apps aren't of value I'm hoping this unit lives up to some of the rumors and hopefully goes beyond a few.Like others I see 4K support as a very nice feature to have. There of course isn't a lot of media out there at the moment...
Actually I like the idea, it would allow mounting the device in places where the current one can't go. Effectively you could make the unit invisible.
This I agree with, it can be a real pain in the butt to carry around an external hard drive. However today we have thumb drives that often can do the job.Yet I already hearing that the Mac Book doesn't have the battery life users would like. Speaking of which my recent MBP purchase has very pleasing battery life as long as you aren't doing anything demanding. As such the need to carry around a charger hasn't completely gone away, it just isn't mandatory anymore.That...
Yes and professionals made a point to use that tech for as long as it gave them an advantage. I'm not sure what your problem is here, it is the nature of tech to eventually be replaced by something new and faster. This is what has driven the rapid improvements seen in the industry.So? Really I wish you would explain your irrational problem with the advancement of technology. There was a time when all we had was black and white displays, do you think we should return...
That is like saying the AT bus lost. Being supplanted by more advanced technology isn't loosing.SATA is dead too though some people don't want to give it up. Like SCSI the tech is simply being replaced by newer more performance interfaces.ADB actually had a very long run considering the tech. Apple being a very early adopter of USB realized that the tech supporting ADB had run its course. This isn't any different than what happened in the PC world that went...
For some it might be unnecessary, for many of use it is mandatory.That is unfortunate if true. I really think this is Apple repeating the same stupidity that they engaged in with the first MBA models. It was marketing pressure that finally got them to add in easy to use ports.Beyond that many people, myself included have a bit of a technical bent in their laptop usage. This requires the availability of ports, mostly USB ports.Complete reliance upon the cloud has been...
Actually I would say it was a major factor in USB's success. The PC world took forever to switch over completely to USB.This is perhaps Apples biggest screw up of late. I really like the concept of the Mac Book but can't rationally recommend it to anyone and didn't buy it when I got a new machine this year. The primary problem being the lack of ports. On the other hand the ability to take a charge for almost anywhere is very appealing, I really do wish that Apple...