or Connect

Posts by wizard69

A lot of people simply don't understand technology and combined with unwarranted fear sites on the net have biased opinions significantly. Let's face it you can find Internet sites that are in opposition to just about anything including corn. The problem is this: with tech damning sites you have a whole bunch of people that don't have a clue as to what the technology actually is so they tend to grasp on to the most outlandish statements as fact. It is sort of like...
That is getting old. I have to think it is a demonstration of a lack of maturity. Steve wasn't always right and frankly at times engineers had to work around his direction to give us some of Apples greatest products. People should really read about Apple history before giving Steve excess credit.
it is a very valid point. People adopt to the technology that is available to them. If you have a plug in electric car you do make a point to charge it up every night.In contrast whe I travel I can sometimes have to fill up multiple times in one trip on a single day. I don't fly off at the handle when the gas gage says I need to fill up. Hey it would be great to have a nuclear powered car that I can drive ten years without filling up, but we don't have them yet so...
It is an entirely different market right now. That is watches seldom are have to have items anymore. So I have to agree that the high end will help with sales.Since when has Apple been a luxury brand. It has always been an alternative brand to the MS world of computers. Apples hardware has never been rock bottom and in fact in some cases is extremely competitive. The iPhone certainly isn't a luxury device, in some circles it is actually a work horse.You can't...
One of the reasons I kept my iPhone 4 for so long is that I'm not happy with the idea of filling my pocket with a huge cell phone. If I want a big screen I grab for my iPad. In the end I really believe the market for the so called phablets is already cooling off. Let's face it Samasungs sales aren't all the great outside of certain parts of Asia.
it is cheap but likely exactly what many corporate customers ask for. Corporate IT can be amazingly stupid at times.That is probably a question of tastes, right now I consider the Apple Watch to be the better looking of the two. The thing that many don't grasp here is that this is just Apples first entry into the market. A rev one device if you will. As a result it is really all improvements from here on out. The other thing people don't realize is that watch...
Well a little time has passed and now we know no new Mini yet. Sad really. Pretty impressed with what was delivered today though. The payments program looks to be very well thought out and appears to be getting huge support in the industry.I might even be willing to actually upgrade my iPhone 4 this time around. Need to shop around for a better contract, the problem is I'm grandfathered in on this one.
that is the thing I don't see the ramifications. Of course I don't see this device being a direct replacement for the Mini either.Exactly!😛😛😛. Modern electronics are essentially flat. A keyboard by definition has to cover a certain amount of area so there is plenty of room to spread out the circuitry that can be spread out.Yes but that ability to swap DVDs for little to no cost is still a big advantage.Just looking at the boards in an iPhone, Raspberry Pi or iPad...
I just don't wear watches however like you I have a strong interest in the technical side of the watch.Battery life will be an issue. It will be very interesting to see how it holds up in real use.It is generation one! If they ever get blood sugar monitoring done I might be interested.It is the ecosystem. Until MS pulls head from ass I don't see a competitive ecosystem happening.An interesting product for sure I can't wait for tear downs and reviews.
Nice try newbie. You are either being paid by Samsung or just aren't capable of being objective.Seriously; I haven't worn a watch in 55 years but must say I'm impressed with the features and technology in this device. I'm not convinced that I will ever be interested to the point in buying but I will be reading up on the technology as it filters out.