or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Oh come on, have you heard of a machine called a ""computer"" with a few good hard disks such a machine can track thousands of SkU's, millions even. This doesn't even get into the fact that Apple has to stock models suitable for the band allotments in the country they expect to sell in.Beyond that there is a huge difference between today's company and the pre Jobs return era, that being that Apple has successful products today.There are two big problems here! First is...
TB is still interesting technology I wouldn't call it dead.Via adapter hell. Seriously if external displays are supported at all you will need an adapter of some sort. This would possibly be the biggest shortcoming of the device. Maybe Apple has the expectation that people will use Apple TV to link to displays over RF. If so Apple has gone off the deep end.You will still be in adapter hell. Further it eliminates one of Airs big draws, the ability to go to any...
Some here act as if my request is some wild ass pipe dream. In fact all I'm asking for is the delivery of current technology in the MBA chassis. If it can be done in products costing far less why not do retina in a MBA. As for Broadwell the 15 watt chips are designed specifically for this sort of machine.
Actually what I see here is an opportunity to get a far more portable replacement for my old 2008 MBP that actually performs much better. I don't expect the performance of a modern MBP, I simply expect the performance that Intel can deliver in the platform with currently available hardware.Honestly I'm not sure what you guys are whining about here, who wouldn't want a Broadwell power Air? As for retina that will happen sooner or later, Broadwell simply has the GPU...
Not really, everything I describe can be had in a current MBA chassis with a 15 watt Broadwell upgrade. A retina screen is a no brainier at this point, Broadwell should significantly reduce board space allowing for either 3 USB ports or two TB ports as an upgrade I've re the existing design.Broadwell isn't perfect but it isn't a useless upgrade, why anyone would dismiss it in a MBA upgrade is beyond me.
I suspect we will need at least two generations of iWatch before it is as useful as some want.Here in lies the problem, who in their right mind would buy an iPod Touch today when it is obviously outdated. Apple has moved on to metal and 64 bit technology, making the Touch grossly out of date. Touch is a massively poor investment right now if you expect software support for any length of time.IF? Apple has made certain that sales will drop, until the unit is updated...
You might consider learning to read for content and also reduce your reliance upon how AI interprets and article printed by Digitimes. Consider actually reading Digitimes and where these sort of articles get printed in the publication. It is pretty pathetic to damn a publication based on third party interpretations of the articles they have printed.
Digitimes does not have a poor track record! I'm not sure why people don't understand this, probably because they don't actually read the publication. It is rather AI's inability to understand the context of articles published in Digitimes Digitimes makes it pretty clear when questionable info comes forth. If AI tries to publish such information as fact it isn't Digitimes fault.In a nut shell don't blame Digitimes for stupid authors on AI not understanding what...
I still wouldn't be surprised to find them splitting work across two contractors.If you look around you can find articles about Samsung going "all in" as far as its semiconductor plants go. They have been very successful with their foundry efforts.Maybe it is your perspective I haven't really seen that much bias in the general reporting. Crap written by DED I tend to ignore or in the end can't stomach reading through his crap journalism. The reality is if you ignore...
That is the very first thing I thought, Apple Watch would be the place to run on a risk process. If not 14 nm at least try for something in the 20 nm range. Power usage is key here.