or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I really doubt that would work in the USA with such a large population in rural areas. In congested areas we have public transportation already. It is in the cities where I see a great need to modernize public transportation. Buses are just an ugly throw back to the last century.Companies with good products fail all the time due to idiot management teams.However the problem with electric cars is the same now as it was back then, batteries suck as power sources. That...
Running a CNC machine isn't hard at all, nor is programming it. I really doubt that Apple has formulated their own alloys for their laptops but even if they have it isn't a big deal. The only thing that sets CNC machined laptop housing apart from an injection molded one is cost and maybe quality.Yep automobile sheet metal is done in rather large presses and is change yearly in many cases, it isn't a big deal. There are plenty of companies that want to give Apple a...
I've never been a big union supporter but I have to say in this case the Teansters are right, an 18 wheeler is no place to introduce new tech like this. A glitch in the software would turn such a truck into a deadly machine.Beyond all of that I'm still perplexed by people that see self driving automobiles as safer! Maybe we will get there one day but I honestly believe that is decades if not centuries away. The problem is the infinitely variable driving conditions one...
Yes an Apple bus/van!
Therein lies the problem, annual updates mean rushed releases. The rushed release though are due to the need to bring forth real features that users want so I understand Apple somewhat. Considering it took them until 8.3 to make iOS 8 acceptable it does indicate a rushed release schedule.What is interesting though on the flip side is that Mac OS is suffering in the same way and frankly it has gotten less of an overhaul with each release. I take this to indicate a...
This article reminds me, I haven't seen much of Relic on the forums of late. I do miss her Swiss perspective.
Some of the listed chips would be perfect for an iMac if the iMac is your sort of machine.Ahh yes the Mini. One has to wonder if Apple will wait two more years to update it again. They (Apple) have really missed the boat when it comes to turning that machine into a line up a wide array of users could buy into. The product line needs a wider array of performance options to match the rigid price points they seem to have. That means one box (maybe two) needs a quad...
Code:Sooner or later you will have to buy something! As for the Mni it would be really nice to see a Broadwell in that platform. At least in my 13" MBP Broadwells GPU produces a snappy GUI interface. Of course there is no telling when the Mini will be updated again.As for alternatives you can always go the Linux box and dial in any performance metric you could want.
Bar codes are extremely cheap and thus the readers are everywhere. This is a big advantage that won't go away anytime soon. Beyond that they work in places where RF communications can be a problem.Maybe. I just don't see a rapid move away from barcodes, though from the standpoint of an Apple device the ability to read those codes should be of high concern. In fact the ability to read barcodes is so important that I often wonder why Apple hasn't created an API for...
I only follow the Watch threads due to an interest in the technology and have no plans to buy one in the near future. As we can see this design is an amazing effort upon Apple to pack a lot of discreet chips into a very small space. The 28 mm is notable for a couple of reasons one is the power requirements and the other is the size. Both can be shrunk dramatically via a move to 14 nm or maybe 10 nam bynthe time Apple revs the design.Revving the design is an...