or Connect

Posts by wizard69

You also have to realize that we use the two machines in drastically different ways. As an owner of both I have a pretty good idea of why I still need a laptop at all. One of the reasons is indeed the ports. The other big one is the open OS, especially its UNiX features.In my case the two platforms aren't even comparable. Usage is so different that the port collection on the iPad indicates nothing with respect to the laptop.
It is however a problem for enough that they can't consider this machine.No MagSafe solved a real problem with recepticals on laptops. The standing battery life means nothing in this context.Well that remains to be seen. For many it is too much of a regression.Im not one to use FaceTime as I'm far to ugly for that! However that is still pretty pathetic resolution for this machine. It is probably the result of the thin screen more than anything. Since I don't care...
This is perhaps the most interesting question to be had. Other platforms using this chip have demonstrated rather poor performance which could be an implementation issue. Some benchmarks put the CPU performance at around that of a 2011 MBP which may be a problem with modern Mac OS.What we need to see as users or potential owners is how hard and how quickly will this machine throttle. Until this Behaviour is understood we won't know what performance will be like.In...
Honestly I think he isn't that far off. A light notebook won't make up for the limitations this machine has. For many ports are important and it is especially important to be free of unnecessary dongle and adapters.The negatives as I see it:1. 2011 MBA like performance. This only becomes more important as 2016 approaches and also with the next release of Mac OS.2. Lack of Ports. I would have been much happier with two type C ports or even a charger that acts...
false
This is why the second amendment is so important, without that we have no way to protect the rest of the Bill of Rights. It does make you wonder why Obama is so he'll bent on gun control.I see some hope here but it may require a minor revolution to fix things. One thing that absolutely must happen is that the welfare system must be terminated.That is a problem in some circles. However many are very much aware of how dangerous the security apparatus of the federal...
Most likely a lot of SS watches. A lot being relative to the watch industry as it is today.
I know it is late but I just finished watching the keynote. It was better than average, and the content was about what I expected.Maybe for the consumer but if you have a technical bent or a job where you deal with technology, you need the ports. Watching the video I was enthralled with the technology that has gone into the Mac Book. The lack of ports and the relatively high price though are big put offs.Hell I've used three or four at a time at work. I have...
I have to agree, maybe not two,USB-C but at least one USB 3 equivalent port. As other have already stated there is just too much stuff out in the wild that floats around with the old USB interface.
More liken a disgrace!