or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I have never been a big fan of Anandtech, but there is no denying that this guy is smart and a good communicator. It will be interesting to see what he ends up doing.Unfortunately all web sites attract people with no sense of reality.
Wow somebody has had a little vinegar with their last meal.You do realize that this is a thread largely populated by unsatisfied men that had an instant answer to the question you ask here.Vodka no, KY yes.
I'd be the first to admit that it is a long shot! However let's face it the venue and the big white building imply more, much more really than a new cell phone. Some think that is mobile payments but even that is a stretch. I'm leaning towards home automation myself.Mind you there is a good argument that home automation should be done on an iOS device so maybe the Mini isn't even in play here. I'm just trying to reconcile the large venue and big building with...
This is the thing if it does happen on 9/9 Id expect to be somewhat radical and tied to the initiatives that Apple will be promoting then. Honestly it wouldn't make sense unless it was tied in some way to what is revealed on 9/9. Maybe optimization for HomeKit, a built in inductive charger or whatever. My mind can run wild here.That would certainly add to the frustration of Mini users.One thing that plays in my head over and over yet would be simple for Apple is an...
Yes I dug up this old thread! How many out there think that the new Mini might actually be debuted at the September 9 th event? Some of us have come close to giving up hope but what if there has been a major refactoring of the Mini to better support the new initiatives? Frankly I'm not sure how the new initiatives would meld into a Mini. However the irrational delay in a new Mini release has me thinking a refocused device, maybe along the lines of the digital hub...
This appears to be the most likely avenue.Apple is hard to figure out here. I could see them offering up a standard in the same way they offered up one for OpenCL. Apple has been heavily involved in things like JavaScript and "C" standards too.As much as I hate Windows, MS has some really smart people working for them. They most likely have been thiniking about the same ideas anyways.
Marvin, this is very misleading and I think you missed the point the original poster was trying to make. That is that the Air suffers significantly under any professional usage profiles.The benchmarks don't really mean a lot in this context. What is important is how the machine behaves when heavily loaded. In fact there are situations where even a power user can impact machine performance doing minor things at the same time. For a power suer it is easy to bring...
With those apps actually doing something.At the same time too.Or processing data which often leads to a new file. It is often surprising to find out how much actual creation happens on people's PC's. Often nothing is created, thus anniPad can be a perfect fit for these people.The lack of cores is also a significant issue.It isn't a bad machine that is for certain. I just don't think a lot of people grasp how big the gap in performance is between the MBA and just...
Why do you believe Apple will give developers a play here?
Not anymore than with any other product release.Remember this is about "managing expectations". A company like Apple would have a prerelease, like suggested, to keep the speculation from getting out of hand. When people's expectations grow wildly beyond reality a company has to cool the speculation or risk disappointing customers.If a product depends upon the holidays for sales it won't be much of a product for Apple. Beyond that you seem to forget that for years...