or Connect

Posts by wizard69

That is the very first thing I thought, Apple Watch would be the place to run on a risk process. If not 14 nm at least try for something in the 20 nm range. Power usage is key here.
That isn't even remotely what has been implied here. In this case you can't have a lawsuit against Apple if Apple took responsibility for their product and replaced the laptop under warranty.Why get mad? Seriously I'm assuming you aren't in diapers anymore. The fact is sometimes you end up being the unlucky individual that has an early failure. That failure seldom indicates a quality issue, you would need significant failures to show an issue.So have many of us...
To go to a single port, no way!They don't need to get weird, just support USB 3 for a decent amount of time. Further don't gimp the machine with a single port of any type. Just the way that I use thumb drives would preclude even considering a Mac like this with a single type C port.Bluetooth has its uses but like a lot of things Apple related it got hammered by licensing deals that no one would rationally sign up for. The companies associated with Bluetooth should...
Sure that is possible but who in the hell would want to carry a bunch of adapter cables around with them. Honestly This is a pain and hardens back to the days of RS232 and needing a different cable configuration for just about every DB connect you would plug into.The lack of legacy support truly sucks here, you would think that they would value that a bit. It will especially suck if this machine replaces the entire Air lineup.
Well they may try! One issue with at least my old MBP is that the screen does not tilt back far enough to allow this. Combined with the uncomfortable hotness it isn't a common usage pattern.Frankly laptops in general are a lie as they do not normally get used on ones lap. At work programmers and engineers run around with laptops on carts or find a ledge someplace on a machine to set it.
Not a chance in hell!😫😫😫 If the rumored design is what Air turns into I won't be a customer. The big issue is the lack of ports. One USB port simply doesn't do it for me. Why they are deleting the SD port is another odd thing. If anything I'd would want a laptop with more ports not less, especially USB.CPU performance is also a big problem. I'm sitting here holding off on a purchase expecting Airs to really leverage the new Broadwell chips. That won't happen...
Yep and I don't believe it. At least not based on photos I've seen so far, I've yet to take one apart. The problem is the deep narrow internal dimensions. This isn't easy to do with an end mill. I can see the box being machined out of a die casted blank though. We really need to get ahold of one of these Mini's to take a closer look inside.By the way modern mold machines are often driven by CNC controllers so technically even if the box is die cast it still was done...
Well maybe not. There certainly could be some CNC machining going on with a die cast blank.Actually I've worked in die casting for a few years and then even longer with plastics. While the photos are terrible it just doesn't look right as far as a diva sting die goes. In the back ground there is a hunk of metal that could be the mating half which doesn't look right at all if this is a mold for a die casted tablet housing.There are a lot of alloys out there as such it...
Actually that has never been 100% clear in my mind. For example the Mac Mini was claimed to be CNC machined even though it looks die cast. However CNC machined can mean lots of things.
It is a very big assumption which is why this whole article is bull crap. DED is in no position to know Microsofts long term goals.