or Connect

Posts by wizard69

The point is a chip set upon which one can implement new devices.The point is always performance! MBA's success is directly tied to Apples and Intels ability to increase performance.This can't come with a significant performance regression! This is why the GPU performance increases seen in these chips are so important, Broadwell should allow Apple to go retina without a serious blow to performance.Again I don't see the point in fanless at the moment. It is frankly...
am series and U series aren't the same chips.
It is the week of CES, there is plenty of news to cover.
Well guys Intel has finally delivered viable hardware to give the MBA a decent upgrade. So what do we all think as far as Broadwell based Airs go, this month, next month or the distant future?
That can be read as a configurable performance facility. Running a processor at a low power point does nothing but reduce performance which would undermine the whole point of these processors.If nothing else that video should highlight how much the Air is in need of an update.I didn't even check to see if these processors have DDR4 support. That would be nice, even nicer if they had LPDDR4.These processors have nothing to offer the MBP's so I can't see Apple being in...
A RaspberryPI is even smaller - so what?Well no! The new Mini is upgradable just not in the way you would like. As far as servers go it certainly can handle server duty within the capabilities of the dual core processor.What you don't seem to be able to comprehend is that the new Mini is a good machine in its own right. Now it didn't get the CPU upgrades we all wanted but it was completely overhauled and is impressive in its own right. Performance wise it is in...
With A8 running at 1.6 GHz there is a huge gap. Run it at the same clock rate a Broadwell can spin up to and we have a different discussion.Nor are they the weak Broadwell M solutions that so many want to see in a fanless Air. Yet people have good reason to want a Broadwell M based laptop even if it is a performance regession over today's machines. Whining about a performance regression doesn't make much sense when you have people asking for that In the form of a...
Actually they have a good handle on what is possible.Considering the fixed and relatively low clock rate the A series are performance power houses. The archetectures is impressive and could easily benefit from the same performance enhancements Intel applies to each performance tier.That depends upon how you measure performance. Plus it assumes that Apple would transplant a tablet processor directly into a laptop. Intel doesn't do that so why would Apple? Apple could...
These are not MBP suitable chips. The actual real world CPU performance is only up by about 4 percent according to Intel which means in reality you won't even notice. Plus everyone of these is a dual core chip.It is possible Apple might go this route to update the 13" MBP but I don't see a compelling reason and further would it make sense to do that before the 15" can be updated. I could be surprised but I see these going into the MBA and little else.
We have no idea what Apples A series processors can do in an environment free of the thermal constraints of an IOS device. I wouldn't expect Apple to put an exact copy of A8, A9 or anything else they build into a laptop. We certainly don't expect Intels tablet chips in respectable laptops.The argument about a software base is garbage. Apple created a massive software base for the iPad practically over night. With any sense at all they would leverage that software...