or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I think the trick is finding the right balance. There is good reason to stress math, English and science in schools but it needs to be balanced with contemporary arts and traditional creativity. I consider technology including computers to be a contemporary art.What has been missing in many schools is the hands on with the physical. Here things like shop class, art and crafts are important.One thing I'm always thankful for is a father that made sure I got lots of...
GTAT will likely end up in the same position they where in before contracting with Apple. So take a look at their stock value before the deal with Apple was realized and then discount the price a bit.I'm not sure Apple has much of a need for the plant.You never know! I do believe this puts an end to GTATs manufacturing aspirations.Had to say. GTAT had a viable business before Apple, they may be able to rebuild that business. As far as that rebuilding goes it can't...
Where did you get that idea from?
The assumption here is that there is a market large enough to justify the hardware to support a stylus. I don't see it unless they can deliver a refined hand writing recognition system that would appeal to a wider audience. The reality is Apple probably would sell more Xserves than styluses and we all know what happened to the Xserve.
Note also that Steve only killed it because the company only had a couple of months before it went bankrupt. I was always left with the impression that he really had to do a lot of things he didn't like around that time. If Steve really hated the Newton he would have sold off the technology to generate cash for the company, he didn't do that apparently seeing value in the device.
people are useless without the training to do the job and the capital inlace to allow them to do the job. If you manufacture a production line to make X number of items per year hiring more people will not allow that line to make more product. You have to build an entirely new production line and possibly new production lines at component suppliers.In the end having your production line maxed out is not really a good thing for a company. it means they are leaving...
There are so many possibilities that it doesn't even pay to guess. As for taking advantage of the larger screen, of course software will have to be updated to do that, just like it has been for every other new iOS device. As for pen support I'm still not convinced that Apple would want to bother with that extra capability. The interested market is too small.
That is a big "if". We don't even know if the screens are the same technology. I have a hard time imagining that large screens are produced on the same production lines as the smaller lines. Especially when you are talking cell phone screens where it would pay to have customized production lines.
The guy in right in the sense that Apple is undervalued if you consider future potential. One big factor is Apple Pay which I think many are discounting too much. However I don't think it is smart at all to muddle with current management practices.
Maybe maybe not you don't know the whole story.Careful, you can end up liable here. As to what they are doing with Apple do you really know or are you just trowing crap at the wall? As for the judges they will likely work with the facts in the case.So I'm guessing you have never worked for a small company that has been jerked around by a larger company. I know of few executives anywhere that would want to willingly go into Chapter 11, & or whatever.