or Connect

Posts by wizard69

That is certainly true but the problem I see here is that they did not think about the reality of the single port completely. At the very least they could have broken out the USB and video ports at the charger (I don't see any sign of this being done). That would have solved so many problems with the design that I don't think we would have seen such a strong negative reaction to the machine.I guess it depends upon the students and the college. If we are talking a...
Which means what exactly?
I stopped using LINUX on my main machine in early 2008 when I bought my MBP. Back then I got frustrated by the constant need to update/reinstall LINUX. This was mostly due to the rapid advancement LINUX was making which of course was good except when you really don't want to play around with your main machine.Now that being said I've kept track of LINUX and use it on other machines. This weeks announcements from Apple has me doing something I've havent done since...
Your argument is no better than theirs, for one some of those laptops are high quality. Second until we see the Mac Book in the wild we don't know how it will perform. Due to the Core M and Apples configuration I'm expecting to see a very wide range of reactions to the machines performance.It all depends upon your goals and needs. From my perspective the real issue with those laptops isn't the hardware per say but rather the operating system.
True but it isn't really the most flexible of laptops either.This is perhaps my biggest disappointment with this machine beyond the single USB port problem. Why didn't Apple use a little sense and break out the ports at the charger? A couple of USB ports, a video port and maybe even a lan connection would have made plugging into the charger and your USB -C port so much more useful. You would get access to the extra ports where people most need them.The problem is...
It isn't just about charging. Do people really believe around here that there are no other uses for USB ports?Even if that was true, you still only have one USB port - that is a big problem for many.Who cares? I mean really each iPhone comes with its own charger. It isn't a question of charging hut usability in the field or even at a desk.Absolutely wrong. The use case here is portability and with that comes a variety of uses. One of theses uses involves...
Which you can deal with by installing LINUX, BSD or some other operating system.
Yes and people should have problems with that. Sadly it is a detour on the way to the intelligent systems that we need in the future.
Specs are important, it is just that you have to focus on the right specs. This is perhaps Apples greatest failing with the Mac Book, they don't seem to realize that ports (a spec) are important to many. So are things like processor performance which in this case is totally unknown.
They aren't worthless at all. They give you an honest point of reference with respect to repairability.Not if your warranty or Apple Care has expired!Why would it impact Apple sales? The vast majority of Apples sales are to people that don't give a damn about the environment, sustainability or the cost to them of new hardware. Some of us, a minority to be sure, actually fixes things that break down around the house when it makes sense.A perfect example is my MBP which...