or Connect

Posts by wizard69

First what makes you think Apple will quit on the Mini?Second this has been brought up before but Lnovo and others have similar sized machines.As for the current Minis they really aren't that bad of a machine as Apple focused on the GPU which is important for many users even if those users don't realize it. Yes quad cores would be nice but the Mini is no slouch for a low end machine.I still have this desire to see Apple refactor the Mini into a scaled down Mac Pro looking...
Yep I noticed the 35 watt chips which could lead to a very nice and long lasting Mini. That is if the Mini stays around long.The whole point in wanting a Mini with quad core is that it would be a long term investment, in other words it would be a buy to last for a very long time thus needing the cores and the vastly improved GPUs. One goal is a HTPC but there is this fear that Apple TV might be revved int a better answer for that.As noted I had to buy a new laptop due...
Advertising generates huge amounts of waste. In the old days that amounted to tons of paper coming through your mailbox every day. These days advertisers burn up your bandwidth with fat ads that effectively waste your bandwidth.I don't know what the original poster was complaining about but the world of advertising get is a bit creepy.Apple won't take Google head on with search. Rather they will redefine it. Search will become an extension of Siri type...
Or maybe search with with Apple ads😜.Certainly Siri is a component of search or maybe search is a component of Siri. Either way Apple has been making improvements to Siri continuously. It would make sense to have control over how searches are done as the AI improves in Siri. The AI could generate very specific types of search that optimized for an engine Apple controls. An Apple web crawler would allow them to structure the data for the AI and search mechanisms in a...
I'm not seeing "laptop" processors in this leak. Sadly after needing to update to a new MBP 13" earlier this year my interests in these chips is dying. Maybe a Mini is in my future though.
You really need to take off the liberal blinders you have on. Much of this is a one time make good compensation package.
That depends upon what you mean by average. The fact of the matter is there are 100's of thousands of businesses ran by people just as capable but earning far less. Frankly there isn't much difference between a used car dealer and a Fortune 500 executive.
Nothing seem to be out of the ordinary here. Interior work is not the same as site preparation and schell construction. It is fairly normal to have different contractors handling different aspects of the job.
One thing to realize here is that cars are highly regulated! This does put limitations on designs. Apple would likely have more design freedom on a motorcycle than a car.The only thing Apple could do here is to come up with a better battery. What most people don't realize is that the technology of an electric car is rather old. Motors with advanced controllers have been used in industry for a very long time. Trains have been diesel electric for a very long time...
USB-C makes a lot of sense on the iPad. It makes the platform more computer like and hopefully open. IPhone can stay with lightening but iPads must move to more standard and open hardware.