or Connect

Posts by wizard69

If it feels like a treadmill then maybe it is time to get off!I've said it before and I will say it again, I really don't understand the mentality of people that think the have to buy every release of an Apple product. Over the years I've purchased many Apple products and have resisted that trap for all of those years. The closes I've come to falling into that trap is a quick upgrade to an iPad 3 due to it obviously being a major improvement over what I had.Folks, step...
Actually I'm left with the opinion that the watch SDK has actually been designed to support watches with round displays.The same way it works on a rectangle.You make unfounded assumptions here. As for third party apps, they will address the screen in the same way that they addressed the different screens on iOS devices.Yep you should read your own posts before hitting send.
Take a look in the mirror!Seriously somebody posts an honest comment and you fly off at the handle!By the way the comment wasn't so much about the Apple Watch as it was watches in general. I find myself in the same category, I've never worn a watch. As such I can see a possibility in Apple Watch, maybe not this revision but it is certainly something for me to keep an eye upon.Ah but you should care. People not buying a Watch can impact its viability as a product. ...
That has never worked for any company, you can't manage your product line based on the upgrade cycle of an individual as the are millions of individuals out there all with different needs and different cycles if having free cash to make such buys. Any decent product will have buyers willing to buy every month of the year.In fact with a world wide economy Apple has been able to demonstrate that the seasonal variations common in America don't have to exist in your sales...
I'm not sure this is reality. In many cases native watch apps should be more power efficient.Yep I can see Watch as an iPhone replacement. That might come with new technology though, 4G is a bit power hungry.In fact I can see many people dropping an iPhone completely and carrying an iPad with them when they really need the screen support. The exact time frame here is a bit difficult to guess at but it is obvious that there is plenty of opportunity with the growth in...
I have to laugh at this desire for GPS just to record a workout. For decades I had no problem taking off on a bike ride or a day long hike sans any sort of electronics. Or anything else for that matter. Sometimes fitness activities are improved by throwing off daily expectations and stress, that is the mental component of relaxation requires you to divest yourself of the things that put you under stress.Well some wouldn't be satisfied with a nuclear power source that...
I would think that this would be high priority and until that happens we will only see minor changes to the watch. The question then becomes do they go to 14 nm or hold off for a sub 14 nm process.It is an interesting question because at some point they should be able to completely replace the iPhone as a communications device.
Adding colors to existing products isn't exactly a sign of life. IPods, especially the Touch, need real overhauls to address performance and feature issues. Gaming for example is an important activity on Touch but the SoC hasn't been updated in years so many titles can't even run properly on the platform.
At times it appears that Apple is hell bent on making sure iPod Touch fails. I waited for years to see a decent upgrade come to the machine and have given up on it happening. For one thing the platform should have gone 64 bit a year ago so that it would support the growing raft of 64 bit only apps. As you note Touch ID would be valuable also.Instead we seem to have a whole line of iPods coming that are focused on colors. I hope this isn't true but the leaks aren't...
Very valid point! I was really hoping to make it to SkyLake before my old machine died. So going out and buying a new MBP 13" felt like a bit of a disappointment but after having the machine for awhile I'm pleseantly surprised. The performance is pretty good most of the time though I would love to have quad cores at times. Still overall performance is many times better than the old machine from 2008!If somebody came up to me and said they are thinking about...