or Connect

Posts by wizard69

The scholarship is a joke in more than one way. For one (2) $10,000 scholarships will do nothing significant. The bigger joke is that it wastes money on people that couldn't get scholarships through normal channels and will put worthless individuals in positions they can't handle.Liberals are very racist but more so elitist. This is just a way to deflect criticism of their attitudes.The reality is if you qualify, that is you have the grades and demonstrated skills...
That attitude comes from bias and nothing else! Objectively there has not been enough time for Apple to develope a "new" category.Again this is a case of people only seeing what they want to see. As such there isn't much that Apple can deliver that will change minds. They could deliver a robot with a completely functional AI and people would say Apple can't innovate.Reality is very different though as Apple has been on a tear of recent times, delivering stuff few...
I haven't installed yet so I will get back to you in a few hours on that question. However I seem to have more problems with iOS betas than the Mac Betat. I probably shouldn't be surprised as I use iOS more these days.However I will be looking closely at multi monitor support as that does seem to be a weak spot when I do get it installed. Is there anything specific you are worried about?
Sometimes I have the same feeling! The last iPad update certainly falls into the category of a disappointment. However both iPad and iPhone are established products in a market Apple created, they are effectivley mature products. Due to the platform, significant new features Supportted in hardware will come in measured doses. The problem is trying to stuff 10 pounds of crap into the proverbial 5 pound bag. Each significant enhancement has to come with improved...
I still find some excitement in the keynotes! It varies with what my interests are at the time. For example mY iphone 4 could use an update so the new iPhones will be interesting. IPads are a bigger interest and frankly I'm waiting and hoping for a big update there.Most of the rest of the rumored stuff doesn't have a big attraction for me so yeah ho hum.It is the stuff that we have no rumors about that might make this keynote interesting. Right now it appears...
I have never been a big fan of Anandtech, but there is no denying that this guy is smart and a good communicator. It will be interesting to see what he ends up doing.Unfortunately all web sites attract people with no sense of reality.
Wow somebody has had a little vinegar with their last meal.You do realize that this is a thread largely populated by unsatisfied men that had an instant answer to the question you ask here.Vodka no, KY yes.
I'd be the first to admit that it is a long shot! However let's face it the venue and the big white building imply more, much more really than a new cell phone. Some think that is mobile payments but even that is a stretch. I'm leaning towards home automation myself.Mind you there is a good argument that home automation should be done on an iOS device so maybe the Mini isn't even in play here. I'm just trying to reconcile the large venue and big building with...
This is the thing if it does happen on 9/9 Id expect to be somewhat radical and tied to the initiatives that Apple will be promoting then. Honestly it wouldn't make sense unless it was tied in some way to what is revealed on 9/9. Maybe optimization for HomeKit, a built in inductive charger or whatever. My mind can run wild here.That would certainly add to the frustration of Mini users.One thing that plays in my head over and over yet would be simple for Apple is an...
Yes I dug up this old thread! How many out there think that the new Mini might actually be debuted at the September 9 th event? Some of us have come close to giving up hope but what if there has been a major refactoring of the Mini to better support the new initiatives? Frankly I'm not sure how the new initiatives would meld into a Mini. However the irrational delay in a new Mini release has me thinking a refocused device, maybe along the lines of the digital hub...