or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I look at it this way, I can't even use my iPhone (as a cell phone) at work unless I step outside due to all of the concrete. I do use it extensively for notes and the like. So that is 40 + hours a week that the cell connection is useless, then you have 8 hours or so a day for sleep, the end result being the cell connection isn't a big draw for me. This especially as I prefer my iPad for mapping duties and other usages on the go.I don't think he knows either! I'd...
It was so bad I stopped reading a few paragraphs in!The article made about as much sense as comparing an axe with a chain saw. Each has its uses, you select the best tool for the job.
I'm seriously thinking about this. Especially when the bill for my AT&T iPad is getting a little out of hand. Truth is I use iPad far more that the "cell phone" function on the iPhone. I don't think that will change with a larger iPhone either.
I was wondering how they dealt with the heat.
There are so many possible "or's" that the original commenter made himself look foolish and immature. What impresses me here is that we now have what is effectively an extremely powerful handheld computer with a very low price at the entry point. Just the new Wifi and Bluetooth upgrades are significant.This Touch ought to see a significant resurgence in sales for some time.
Does anybody have a list of iOS VOIP apps and maybe reviews for quality. Also are there other apps allowing direct connection node to node, that is server free communications between units. The other thing these up units don't have a vibrator do they?I'm not a big watch fan but I didn't see anything in the product description indicating support one way or another. That was a quick skim though.Actually this thing has huge potential for many different uses. I have to...
That is good.How about $599 with a 128 GB of flash.How about $699 with 256 GB of flash and a 20% faster SoC.This isn't unreasonable as you can get 256 GB drives thes days for around $100 bucks retail. Since Apple buys wholesale and only needs the actual flash chips the cost to Apple for the flash will be well under $100. The faster SoC would be a trivial cost as testing on each die is already done. Note that this is $200 more than the base model which is actually a lot...
I did say if another platform gets traction. As it is the faster hardware is out there to build such a machine.I believe this was in fact a big reason for the Mini to exist, that is to protect its flank from the competition.As it is I do see the possibility of a viable iPad product in that price range and that would be to give it features to make it a viable replacement of the iPod for musicians. Give the machine real features that makes it distinctive and worth the...
Tough luck for Apple, they need to find a way to make their users happy and to make a profit at the same time.Baloney! It would be silly of them to even have the product on the market if that was true. The profit isn't the same as a MBP but it is certainly larger than most of the accessories they sell.Actually I thought it was to have a competitive product to market against the Android machines.I've seen no evidence that this was the case. Very few iPad users...
The question Apple should be asking itself is why are these margins so low and why are people not buying the higher margin versions. It is pretty clear in my mind, people avoid the higher cost models due to the obvious rip off in pricing. Apple is simply charging way to much for trivial flash upgrades in its iPads. The cost of flash to Apple is far below what consumers pay and consumers can get some very nice deals on flash storage right now. Effectively Apple has...