or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I really doubt that Apple has even thought about this. I'm expecting two thing to happen that Apple users might not be accustomed too. One is that there will be long waits between each iWatch revision. Two is that when a revision does come it will be a big overhaul.I'm not sure why people think Apple would have policies any different than any other watch maker. You buy a watch it is yours. You want a new one shell out the cash.
Would anyone stupid enough to spend 5k on a watch care?
You really need to know the sales rates for other smart watches to make a statement like that. A 100K could be seen as success especially considering how watches in general sell these days. Watches simply aren't high volume tools in the way they where.
There in lies the problem which has been an issue in all Apple rev one devices. The first instance is often a proof of concept with sometimes the second and third revs being similarly proving the point. This was certainly the case with iPhone as it really didn't come into its own until about iPhone 4.That being said I have to wonder if the iWatch delay is due to waiting for Samsungs 14 nm process that is supposedly going live in early 2015. If so that would be an...
It is interesting to research watches in the context of railroads. Before the railroads there wasn't a huge need for individuals to keep accurate time. The pocket watch along with "Railroad time" was instrumental in allowing for the successful expansion of the railroads and thus the country. During that time a watch was as much a technological innovation as the iPhone.
That is irrational, the guy is a BS artist at the very least. He certainly is skilled at exploiting the gullible.Not even close. In fact some of his comments don't even reflect reality. Trying to trash NVidias K1 is just one example. Honestly it is the first decent tablet chip from NVidia. Is it perfect no but no chip is.Im not sure I'd use the word entertaining here. Frankly when he does have facts to use he twists the facts around such that no reasonable person...
Have you ever stopped to think that maybe there is more than one valid metric to judge a processor by. Blindly cheerleading isn't something that leads to respect and acceptance of ones opinion.In any event I don't know about those instance of down playing Apples processors. In this context I know that DED's article is laced with plenty of bull crap. Unfortunately far to many lap it up with out a bit of critical thinking. With an article like this part of that...
Yes for some that is the case. However that up is a rapidly shrinking portion of the population. Further iPad clearly demonstrates a very large market of customers that don't care.
DED is basically a BS artist. That people fall for his non sense is really sad.Well this is actually debatable. It really comes down to real world usage and I've seen mixed results there. Also power usage is a factor here but even here it isn't clear which chip has the upper hand.Actually the A8X and that extra bit of RAM might finally get me to upgrade my iPad 3. The A7 certainly wouldn't have caused me to upgrade.Hmm, I'm not sure about this one, it is very hard...
I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. The basic design of the A8(X) is sound. As suggested if freed from its thermal constraints there is much potential here. Many ARM cores these days are running well beyond 2GHZ when built upon suitable processes.I'm glad you have confidence but he will have to overcome AMDs recent history. They have promised a lot at times and delivered little. That being said their HSA architecture is certainly shaping up, even if this...