or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I think you guys mis the point of such reports. They are an estimate that covers the production of a piece. Think of it as the cost of a bag of parts that goes into an iPhone. R&D, overhead, marketing and other stuff doesn't come into play here. The only thing wrong with these estimates is that so few understand them that it is a pretty pathetic example of Americas educational systems.As for Tim Cooks comments - executives say a lot when they don't want to say...
I would hope so. I'd like to see Apple turn the economics of production and distribution upside down.They certainly could do better than the Sci-fi network. At least I would hope so as there seems to be a significant shortcoming with the way the smaller content producers and distributors think. FireFly is an example of rather thick headed thinking that I think Apple could over come.
I don't know about 13 years, but I'm seeing many problems still on my Mac. IOS is much improved with the latest release though.
The UI is pretty good already, I wouldn't go overboard with the UI updates.
A bug / performance fix would be nice though the latest update has done wonders for me. What I fear and at the same time hope for though, is a rewrite of many apps & libraries with a focus on Swift. Swift and some modern programming conventions seems to offer considerable rewards to developers and the apps they make.
Way to blow credibility. Most modern cameras use some variant of SD. SD interfaces are extremely common in the embedded world and other places also.Actually I don't thing Apples new product development works that way. Beyond that you do remember the stupidity of the original Mac Book Air. Apple turned that machine into a massive success and part of that is the result of supplying users with ports. This Mac Book is somewhat like a replay of the Mac Book...
Reps ones like this highlight a significant ignorance on the part of many in these forums, weather that or people can't read for content. The article did not bash the machine at all, it was actually a fairly positive review. It did point out really issues with the lack of ports which limits the machines Appeal to many.It is a great article because it reflected his experiences using the machine. It wasn't a piece of fluff written by someone pretending to be a...
The problem I see here is the stark evidence of the trash culture clashing with people more conservative with their funds. Generally most people, at least in the past, considered the purchase of a decent camera as a long term investment. To put it simply buying a new camera every two years would be considered wasteful and an unreasonable production of trash.Sadly in today's culture of cell phone upgrades every couple of years, there is no social stigma against wasting...
It is the number of ports that is the issue. That and Apple not breaking out any ports at the power adapter which would have addressed many needs.This is a bit deceptive, if you know what you are doing a digital camera, with decent controls and a suitable lens system can far out do any camera phone. Granted you need to know what you are doing but trying to use a camera phone to get publication quality images is a bit of a stretch.Adapters do nothing to hold up...
It is a legitimate need. SD card are very common these days.You have read far to much applying a negative filter. I saw this as a glowing report on the device. If the article gives people a reason to pause and thing about their need for ports it will have done its job. The reality is many people do leverage the ports in their laptops. It is all about enabling people to make informed decisions.