or Connect

Posts by wizard69

That can be read as a configurable performance facility. Running a processor at a low power point does nothing but reduce performance which would undermine the whole point of these processors.If nothing else that video should highlight how much the Air is in need of an update.I didn't even check to see if these processors have DDR4 support. That would be nice, even nicer if they had LPDDR4.These processors have nothing to offer the MBP's so I can't see Apple being in...
A RaspberryPI is even smaller - so what?Well no! The new Mini is upgradable just not in the way you would like. As far as servers go it certainly can handle server duty within the capabilities of the dual core processor.What you don't seem to be able to comprehend is that the new Mini is a good machine in its own right. Now it didn't get the CPU upgrades we all wanted but it was completely overhauled and is impressive in its own right. Performance wise it is in...
With A8 running at 1.6 GHz there is a huge gap. Run it at the same clock rate a Broadwell can spin up to and we have a different discussion.Nor are they the weak Broadwell M solutions that so many want to see in a fanless Air. Yet people have good reason to want a Broadwell M based laptop even if it is a performance regession over today's machines. Whining about a performance regression doesn't make much sense when you have people asking for that In the form of a...
Actually they have a good handle on what is possible.Considering the fixed and relatively low clock rate the A series are performance power houses. The archetectures is impressive and could easily benefit from the same performance enhancements Intel applies to each performance tier.That depends upon how you measure performance. Plus it assumes that Apple would transplant a tablet processor directly into a laptop. Intel doesn't do that so why would Apple? Apple could...
These are not MBP suitable chips. The actual real world CPU performance is only up by about 4 percent according to Intel which means in reality you won't even notice. Plus everyone of these is a dual core chip.It is possible Apple might go this route to update the 13" MBP but I don't see a compelling reason and further would it make sense to do that before the 15" can be updated. I could be surprised but I see these going into the MBA and little else.
We have no idea what Apples A series processors can do in an environment free of the thermal constraints of an IOS device. I wouldn't expect Apple to put an exact copy of A8, A9 or anything else they build into a laptop. We certainly don't expect Intels tablet chips in respectable laptops.The argument about a software base is garbage. Apple created a massive software base for the iPad practically over night. With any sense at all they would leverage that software...
How do you figure that. Apparently reading for content here is a problem, this story highlights an Intel release of new product in time for CES. Any comments about Apple are speculation.
Err no! This processor is a 15 or 28 watt device and as such is not suitable for a fanless Air. I'm not sure why AI screws this up so often.More importantly I'd rather see Apple find a way to plug one of the 28 watt devices into a MBA. The extra performance would certainly be welcomed. In any event what really impresses here is that some models now hover around 200GFlops performance DP out of the GPU. That is a huge milestone and should lead to far better MBA...
Actually one of the things I was hoping to see Apple do with TB was to produce a viable dock that would be a modern equivalent of the Duo. That is setup the laptops to be able to morph into a desktop via a connection over TB. Apple sort of accomplished this via their monitor but unfortunately that hasn't been updated recently. Apple does seem to drop the ball a lot they will be half way there with tech causing to wait for the next release only to have your hopes...
There is no such thing! That is why laptops come in a variety of sizes. I'm a heavy IPad user and at times have been frustrated that the screen is too small and at other times frustrated that it is too big. For example IPad is fairly big for use in the car. On the flip side it is rather small for the web and viewing technical drawings.You don't need optimized software for both. In many cases an IPad that better supported a keyboard would be ideal. You seem to...