or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Unfortunately it can't happen in the USA. If you don't have all your ducks in a row some lawyer will take a public comment as policy or a sign of a defective part an sue to no end. Basically nothing can be said publicly until the problem is identified and an official solution planned. Otherwise every creepy lawyer out to make a buck tears into you using any public comments as fodder for his legal cannon.
It isn't Apple failure, but rather the GPU manufactures that design and run chips right at the limits of the process technology. GPUs just are not reliable. Think about it a bit, why did Apple under clock the GPUs in the new Mac Pro? I'm willing to state that reliability was a big factor.While not the same thing my MBP from 2008 is also showing signs of a GPU failure. In this case the internal display seems to loose every other column. It could be LCD related as...
You pretty much express my feelings exactly, Being a diabetic I have to track blood sugar levels, which frankly is a pain in the ass, but that is after being diagnosed and then being very stubborn about the tracking. Something like this might, I have to stress MIGHT, be of use to someone with specific problems and maybe after direction from a medical professional. On the whole I don't see general availability doing a lot of good.Another company has a spectrometer...
I doubt the screen will be as good as the one shipping in the Mac Pro if it is retina.Brings back some memories but I never got into BASIC that deeply. As a kid I spent much of my time in the great outdoors. I was just frustrated that the school had a computer sitting there that I couldn't play with. At the time my only contact with computers was through electronics magazines. That was the late seventies and frankly nobody cared on the east coast. " why would you...
Could very well be. If Intel ever gets to 14nm it would out Apple in a position to debut a whole new generation of machine. Especially if they incorporate other new tech such as DDR 4.I'd consider a 12" model but frankly these mini notebooks rub this old guy the wrong way. As for price I see potential for another price cut. Mainly due to the intense pressure Intel is under in the mobile arena. Maybe I'm optimistic about that price cut 😂😂😂😂 but Apple may have little...
As far as I know it was just a CPU update and a lower price. As noted the CPU update is nothing to get excited about. I'm actually surprised that Apple lowered the price. I'm not complaining but would have rather end seen them upgrade the base RAM or SSD sizes.I'm thinking we are starting to see a new Apple here, one that is more aggressive with pricing.Of course I'd rather that they be more aggressive with getting the new Mini out.
Obviously not Marvfox and probably few others. However considering the new Mac Book Airs are here this thread is quickly loosing its original value. So we dwell on the past because it isn't likely that much will happen to the iMac.
When I was gong to school there was inititially no computers at all. At some point the science teacher got some sort of HP device (forgot the model) but it was a cross between a calculator and a desktop computer running BASIC if I remember correctly. I'm not really sure because he would not let anybody use it. Effectively it was the first "personal" computer that I ever saw and was out of bounds for me. Talk about frustrating.Contrary to popular opinion Apple...
Wait a minute here, not everyone wants a bigger iPhone. Many of us are well aware that such a phone is a pain in the ass to keep with you 24/7. You have a small but vocal minority asking for these big phones. That desire for a big phone will melt away over time as people experience the negatives along with the positives.Honestly I'd love to see a new iPhone 4 sized product from Apple.
It is a model somebody whipped out on a CNC machine.Oh come on! First this isn't the final product. Second what is luxurious? Taking the dictionaries definition it does look like a comfortable device. Unfortunately a comfortable device few will buy because it is too big.20 milliseconds after most people buy an iPhone they have the device stuffed in a case!! Often the color of the iPhone means nothing to the owner because it will end up being anything from pink...