or Connect

Posts by wizard69

We can argue all day about this but I stand by my statements. Fast RAM is truly pointless if the processor has to retrieve data from a foot away, distance impacts the speed of the devices. This doesn't even get into the issues of maintaining signal integrity.Look at Apples A series processors and the PoP variants. That arrangement gives Apple real performance advantages.Yes this is true, hopefully AMD will be implementing a Kaveri variant with all four memory...
To me this is garbage. What did you expect that something new to be?It is interesting that you mention storage here as I'm getting very reluctant with respect to new iOS hardware purchases myself. The primary reason being the lack of decent storage, especially on an iPad. I'm worried that Apple has fallen into a trap of expecting people to use iCould for all their storage needs.I'm not sure what Apples long term solution is for the files problem. One thing is for...
interesting but to me this just looks like another way to make DRAMs. Also they compare performance to six transistor static memory which makes the device look good. The technology really needs to be compared to DRAM and more importantly the coming DRAM technology.In any event there is lots of new tech on the way when it comes to main memory. For the near future I simply expect Apple to go with higher capacity, faster and wider implementations of the current...
Have you even bothered to read up on the history of Apple and Steves management of the company. He screwed up more things than you realize. Many of the engineers building the products of the future had to hide what they where doing from Steve so that the work would not get canned. There is no basis for your Steve worship.Again you are simply uninformed.How would anybody here answer that question?There is nothing wrong with that phone, people wanted that finger print...
What is worst the fad has already run its course. There is just so much room in ones pocket for a brick.
It isn't that simple. Android devices need room for the virtual machine (the ripoff of Java) which takes up a fixed amount of RAM, so in their base models they need more RAM simply to get the required performance due to the allocation of RAM to that VM. After the VM and other Android overhead is taken care of, RAMcan be used equally on both platforms. Well as about as equally as Java and native apps allow.As to RAM speed that is an unknown at this time. Well...
No one has caught up to Intel yet. The funny thing here is that they can be two process nodes behind with ARM CPUs and still do better than Intel.
It would be better for Apple too. Just look at today's report, the strong points with respect to Mac sales are the iMac and the AIR. The Mini is really hurting and one reason is the perception that it is expensive. As you note one is actually getting a fairly good deal but it could be better. Actually it needs to be better to generate new demand.
Huh?Very well really. That $3000 machine supplies you with pro features. A Mini is not in the same category at all.But look at it this way, APUs be they made by AMD or Intel all suffer from the same problem that is not enough bandwidth to main memory to realize all the performance the GPUs are capable of. Intel partially solves this problem by installing a cache chip inside the chip package. AMD has gone a different route in some of its chips. Either way there is a...
At least Apple is honest about their projections. By the way yes flat is good if the rest of the industry is in a rapid decline.It most certainly is, your inability to grasp this is startling. If Apple followed industry trends Mac sales would have been down 8% or more. In the cell phone market the only manufacture doing well is Samsung and even Samsung is suffering from many of the low cost Android devices hitting the market.I like that Apple doesn't shovel a lot of...