or Connect

Posts by wizard69

If you are talking about RAM, I doubt it. I really see it as an example of Apple being terribly cheap. It isn't like the engineers or even the management team, don't have an idea about what is suitable for an operating system release. To me it is a nickel and dime way to squeeze a few more dollars out of a product, at the expense of long term good will. In a way though I think they have realized this as the machines with non upgradeable RAM are finally shipping...
At least this isn't a DED article! The problem that is see in these forecasts abpnd so forth is that the state of the economy is never mentioned nor the likely hood that it will get worst. People are far more conservative with their money these days. Combine that with grossly expensive computers like the RMBP and you have Apple in a position where they have to adjust inventory. It will be interesting to see what happens to the non retina MBP,I don't really think Apple...
I don't buy this point of view, intel is very public about its product road maps and projected release dates. All one has to do is look at what Intel is up to to get minimal times until the next Apple product release. In other words Apple can't ship unless Intel is shipping.I've never really understood Apples issues with RAM. At times they have shipped base machines that could barely run OS/X much less open an app of any capability. Even today the base machine...
I'm not sure where you are getting this information. Last I new Intel had multiple teams developing processors so that tweaked devices come out each year. Broadwell would be in development already and may hae been in development for two years now or more.
This might not be the case. Remember the current Haswell based laptops, that are shipping, have processors optimized for low thermal power while bumping GPU performance considerably. This has resulted in either slight increases in CPU performance or in some cases regressions.Depending upon the route Apple takes with the desktop machines we could see a strong CPU performance increase from higher clock rates. With so many variants of the Haswell chip and its GPU...
Kuo is an idiot analyst that really doesn't know anything. It is silly to listen to these guys because they have no basis for their projections.
I'd hardly call that a delay! Especially considering that intel hasn't even completed its Haswell launch yet. It will be the second half of the year before all of Intels Haswell hardware launches.This so called delay is more of case of some analysts expectations not being meant. I suspect Intel will launch when they have a good product to sell instead of launching on artificial calendar dates.
There are many reasons, only Apple really knows.It is a terrible choice for people that expect to keep the machine for any length of time. This so bugs me that I never recommend an iMac to people looking for computer purchasing support. In the iMacs the thermal problems are such that the disk is a special order item, so not only is it hard to get to you can't source parts through mainstream suppliers. It is like three strikes and you are out.
Repeating the same theme over and over doesn't create truth either. You say it is all about upsell and I see that as bull crap. The fact is the three machines in Apple desktop line up serve different markets, needs or desires. The person that would be happy with a Mini will not be shopping for a Mac Pro. People that don't like unserviceable all in ones won't be looking at the iMac at all. You want to believe that the iMac is attractive enough to pull the users of...
Actually I was a bit disappointed when the Mini went to an internal power supply a few years back.The thing here is that Apples laptops are easy to service to the extent that they can be serviced. So why make the desktops a pain in the ass?I do believe that some design decision could use a public explanation.I don't see it as funny at all. The two machines service entirely different markets. Looking at the Mini the Intel GPUs are getting to the point that many/most...