or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Nope, you mis the point, it was the audio snobs that attacked Apple and its iTunes offerings when they first came out. The quality of the compressed music was in fact pretty bad if you had high expectations of sound quality. In the end it made zero difference as the consumer either didn't care or didn't notice.I really think you need to look up those two words in a dictionary.Which is nonsense because the first iPhones where plastic.However if Apple wants to keep the...
My point is they don't care because obsession over high quality audio doesn't matter based upon the way they are using that audio. Music isn't used by most for a technical study of the performance, rather it is a way of relief from the daily grind. This is what people are missing here.A good example would be a young mother out for a jog with the baby in a stroller. If she is listen to music at all it is only part of what is going on in her life at that very moment. ...
Apple simply doesn't have a play in the low end market. A cell phone that is data plan free would be ideal. Such a product would have zero impact on iPhone sales as iPhone doesn't play in that market.
And why would that be? Contrary to popular opinion Beats does have some good headphones. Are they the best? Well that is an interesting question isn't it. In the end it comes down to what sounds right for the individual owner.In any event you reinforce my perspective that audiophiles are indeed part of the snob audio equipment culture. I've followed the industry for a long time, especially some of the magazines associated with the market and frankly it got to...
Then explain iTunes, iPod and the compressed music. Apple has taken its share of arrows for years because of the poor audio quality of the iTunes library. That never stopped the main stream customers from coming though. The reality is if you want to make money you go after the mainstream market not the snob market.
Nice post!Actually I don't recommend that anybody drink. If you do have to drink don't do so to the point of getting drunk.No it is blatant racism. Many people here are demonstrating that they either don't know what they are talking about or are complete racist. There isn't much room to maneuver here, the opinions expressed can only be the result of one or the other. Frankly I suspect about a 50/50 mix here, as some of the comments are just plain stupid.It isn't...
Again the world is not filled with snobs. Consumers don't care about quality as much as some because they don't use music in the same way. If you are working in the kitchen, garage or shop, the music is there for fill, it isn't there so you can experience the technical excellence of the artist. Hell if the average person sings along any idea of high quality goes out the window. Most people realize that they can't sing, matching the abilities of their favorites,...
You are just being dense. This is a company they bought not people. A company that frankly has many products that mesh well with Apple. Wake up!They do need to perform better and frankly this will help with that.Actually it isn't completely about style. The hardware is tuned for a type of music in some cases and others are actually well rounded devices.Even Jobs himself acknowledged that in the end it was a good thing for both him and the company.I really don't...
Give it a rest bud as you simply don't know what you are talking about. The governments underwriting of Tesla has nothing in common with anything you described. In its simplest form it is nothing more than funneling tax payer money to the wealthy and frankly needs to stop as soon as possible.
In the case of Samsung it does give them another vector of attack. I'm not sure why people mis this, but with the beats brand they can offer what amounts to a low end iPhone. Thus Samsung would be hit from above and below.That is just one course of action and use for the beats brand. Apple could also get into hardware manufacturing that isn't strictly Apple focused, for example audio and AV gear.