or Connect

Posts by wizard69

What are you talking about here? Mavericks was a massive update and a great step forward for users. Beyond that what do you really expect from an operating system?Apps are not the operating system. The operating system was enhanced significantly, spend sometime with the developer tools and actually develop an understanding of what has happened with Mac OS over the years.For the most part the could is a joke and anti user. I don't see excessive could integration as...
Or one could say that the Mac OS guys have their OS fairly well debugged and the iOS guys are on a crash program to get the bugs out. I find it highly unlikely that they have that many iOS devices out in the wild right now.
MBP SHOULD have faster GPUs every year, that is the ideal situation. However as has already been pointed out, the new MBPs will only get such hardware if the power levels are suitable for a laptop. There is a reasonable possibility that the MBP's may get Maxwell derived hardware this year.Contrary to common opinion Apple can only ship what they are free to buy. I don't see an end to the need for faster GPUs, as such the performance will come when the technology...
I only reluctantly use could services. Security is an issue but the bigger problem is the lack of guaranteed access. Probably the third big issue is the bandwidth usage which sucks, especially for mobile devices. This by the way is why I'm holding out for a real capacity bump in the new iOS devices this year.
I use pwSafe myself but either way such an app would be of no help here. They effectively have access to the more valuable information so I doubt the theirs even care about your password.
I really hate to say this but I see zero chance that XServe will come back. I'm not even sure the coming Mini or its replacement will be suitable for server duty.I can't imagine the current Mac Pro passing for a server. However I can see a model being slightly revised to make a fairly decent server. You do that by deleting a video card and using that space for an SSD card or even several SSD cards. With an external RAIDed controller it ought to be very functional...
Good question to which I don't have a good answer. You are talking about material with different characteristics. For instance deformed aluminum might not spring back while a carbon fiber unit may.Here is a link with information on a carbon foam solution to heat removal: http://web.ornl.gov/~webworks/cpr/rpt/106741_.pdf. Here is info on a carbon fiber solution: http://marketplace.yet2.com/app/insight/techofweek/33192?sid=350. Here is another solution using Carbon nano...
Costs are significant but if Apple has no other way to remove heat then it is about the only alternative to aluminum. Interestingly Sapphire is a good conductor of heat. I could see Apple using Sapphire as a heat spreader in a laptop or even a iPad. It would be an expensive choice but maybe more reliable and easier to integrate into existing aluminum housings.I think you are missing just how rigid this stuff can be, it is often used to make structures that are far more...
Actually the carbon fibers that are good for heat dissipation are structurally different than the stuff used to build stiff structures. When properly used carbon finer is one of the best conductors of heat we have. There is on going research to use it in rifle barrels to conduct heat away from the liner for example. It is a very interesting material really and likewise there has been research into heat sinks for high performance electronics.As for milling you wouldn't...
That was back when the cost of an extra 16GB of flash was significant. These days you can buy 64 GB of flash for what 8GB cost in 2007. This in a nutshell is the problem, Apples pricing of storage I the iPhones and iPads has become a huge ripoff. What is tolerable in 2007, 2009 or even 2011 isn't really tolerable these days.I'm far more inclined to upgrade my iPad because the iPad is in constant use. I really don't see a huge demand for big iPhones beyond a few...