or Connect

Posts by wizard69

One thing I wish people would do when posting this crap about Sanddisk drives is to actually say what the believe the problem is. Because to be honest I've heard nothing about premature failures in any of the Macs.See in the forums or actual hardware out in the field? If it is in the forums you need to be careful about the same old birds parroting a common refrain. I'm not trying to be dismissive here, rather I'm just indicating that complaints in forums like these...
Hey a where did you get that picture of me!That is an interesting thought. I was sitting in the Apple the other day waiting to get my iPad exchanged and they had us (lots of people in line) waiting at one of the desks. There was set up a retina MBP - nice, makes my old MBP look sick in comparison. I could see such an advance driving iMac sales.See this I have a problem with and is why I'd probably not buy an iMac. The problem is going to a retina screen is a...
Haven't seen that, mainly because I can't stomach MacLifes style and lack of knowledge. So what was their problem with TB? It is doubtful that anything Mac Life prints has any basis in the technical facts surrounding the issue at hand.There have been a number of ways to extend PCI Express over the years, so running PCI Express outside the box isn't exactly new. The trick is to do so reliably.As for the controller chips in the cable that gives Apple some flexibility...
I don't think you know what you are talking about here. Sadly much of the post I responded to was questions that you asked. If you don't want an opinion or facts why ask the questions.Too bad for you. If you are going to ask questions and then reject the answers who here has a problem.OK if you say so. Honestly though if I don't make sense then there are an awful lot of people involved in hardware and software development that don't make sense. The goals that...
I don't see tablets replacing all of computing devices either. I do see tablets as a compliment to desktops. In fact for home use I'm really tempted to buy a desktop when it comes time for my next upgrade.I was hoping for more this year. Mind you not every app needs more RAM on an iPad but the key app for me, Safari, does need access to more RAM. I probably shouldn't complain because Apple has made some amazing improvements in a very short time period.What Apple...
I don't really know if Apple is a member or not. They don't always publicly acknowledge memberships in such organizations. In any event if they aren't a member they should beIt makes no sense to argue about something if you are right. The problem is when you are wrong.In this regard OpenCL isn't the long term play to support many languages. One example is Java which initially can sit on top of OpenCL however their goal is to have Java working directly with HSAIL by...
I really haven't looked into what would come next year in depth. Intel can do two things to lower power. They can shrink the process or they can improve the architecture. With Intel deemphasis of the desktop CPUs we might not get much of anything next year other than minor tweaks.You might want to search around a bit on the net to see if you can find news articles about this. It didn't seem to get wide reporting. In any event Intel has gone all in with respect to...
Which is exactly why they need a memory technology built around stacks of silicon wafers. Maybe it won't be Memory Cube but they need a standardized product that takes up as little room as possible.They don't need 8GB I will give you that, however 1GB simply isn't enough RAM. Even the use of Safari is compromised because of the lack of RAM. I'd like to see them go to 4GB to be honest.Yep which made that machine effectively a proof of concept machine. Having owned...
The HSA Foundation.The HSA (Heterogeneous System Architecture) Foundation is a not-for-profit consortium of SoC IP vendors, OEMs, academia, SoC vendors, OSVs and ISVs whose challenging the normal of how whole system architecture is structured for combing CPU’s, GPU’s, DSP’s, and other accelerators to bring about forward progress in computing’s foundation to make it dramatically easier to program heterogeneous parallel devices. HSA Foundation is driving this via Royalty...
Never once do I mention CUDA.I never said this want the case either. What I've said is that OpenCL won't be able to fully leverage the coming HSA chips because it is very much doing a client / server approach with the GPU. To fully leverage the HSA architectures you will need both Improved operating system support and updates to OpenCL.Think about this a bit if the GPU will be able to work directly with the CPU and the memory it allocates, the operating system will...