or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I really don't have anything against the Mini as a small form factor computer. They have their place and have been a staple of the IBM PC world for some time. Frankly even in the PC world they have been a high margin option.However when the design is so small that you don't have a decent performance option and in Apples case nothing else in the lineup then I have a problem. Oh by decent performance I'm not just talking about the CPU in isolation, modern PCs need a...
OK so you reference data that supports my position, the Mini is a long ways from iMac performance and by definition an extremely long ways from Mac Pro performance.By the way just because the Mini can be had with quad core today does not mean that we will get quad core in the next revision. Many of Intels Iris supported chips are dual core i86. What I don't want to see is a regression in the number of cores available, which is very possible. This is also why a bump...
Yep they do all of that but still don't want to carry around a pocketful of electronics. This is why there is still a market for dedicated gaming machines.Did you even read the damn article and note that Samsung acknowledged that the market is cooling? By the way that doesn't mean the market is going away, just that it isn't the hot sector it once was. More importantly in your case you need to realize that it was never the massive market you imagined.
Completely silly his comments. Hell Apple lost the hybrid car race, the electric car race, the Adam radio race, the powered speaker race and just about every other consumer crap product race. I really have to wonder why he bothered to even post in defense of his obvious misunderstanding of reality.
You posted completely worthless comments and then respond like this? Apple is I fact a company and is running very well indeed. If there is a significant market for the larger devices Apple will go after it when they have the right technology. Right now though there isn't a good reason to even bother going after the large cell phone market. Apples products aren't just hardware, as such they need a complete solution.Honestly your comments make about as much sense...
You do realize you contradict yourself here.They where working on a break through product at the time. Even if they wanted the feature or even thought about it at the time, you can't roll everything into release #1.What market? This idea that there is a huge market for these devices has been squashed by Samsung themselves as they have indicated a strong cooling in that sector. It is very much a niche market now, all the idiots that needed the latest and greatest...
It is very important to understand the above, Apple has a plan! Frankly they have been guiding developers for years not to assume resolution nor screen sizes. Auto-layout is just one more piece of the puzzle that should allow Apple to release a new iPhone size and still have a large number of apps available that play nice on the new screens. Of course this doesn't solve any issues associated with apps that use bit maps.In any event apple has been prepping the battle...
I'm being reserved here in calling the above baloney. First the idea that Core 2 Duo was good enough for most users is to totally bogus. In cell phones though A7 is basically just getting to the point of passable performance. We have a very long ways to go before cell phone performance (in every way you can measure performance) is good enough.I still don't see the attraction in wearables. Frankly I'm not sure what they can come up with that would have the appeal to...
The market for larger phones is already dead. Think about it, how many normal people want to slip a device that big into their pocket and carry it around all day.Now that isn't to say that a limited market doesn't exist, just don't expect Apple to have a run away hit if they ever introduce such an iPhone. These massive phones are niche market devices after the trendy appeal wears off.
That is the whole point of my statement, the iMac can not replace the Mini for many users, it is not and never has been an up sell option. The iMac stands in a class of its own as an all in one. If you honestly think that Apple gets a lot of iMac sales due to people thinking the Mini is too little I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. If anything the up sell path has been towards the laptop line as they offer far better value than the iMac which is basically a rip...