or Connect

Posts by wizard69

So are Netflix, Google, Apple and the others that acces the net. Corporations have to pay big bucks for some of those high shooed connections they have to the net. They are as much a customer of the ISP as you and me.Baloney. It is about placing a fair burden on the heaviest users of the Internet.More bull crap! In the US anyways the companies that make heavy usage of the public infrastructure pay significantly for that infrastructure. This is due to the wear...
That is exactly what net neutrality is all about, regulating what an ISP can charge its customers. In this case customers like Netflix and Apple that use large quantities of bandwidth.What is wrong with that? When you place an ad in a phone book do you pay for an entire page or a little box ad? I know phone books are a thing of the past but the fact remains the big boys have the cash to pay for more.Which has nothing to do with this discussion.Net neurptrakity will...
Wow! Talk about somebody incapable of grasping reality here!You will know when you are rushed to the hospital or have to invest large quantities of Imodium, The thing here is inspections seldom catch such screw ups. Even if you have an inspector stationed at the restaurant mistakes will happen, it is human nature. Make enough mistakes and people will no longer return to a restaurant.The fact is health departments do not close down that many restaurants. More...
This point of view is so stupid as to cause one to wonder if you even realize how highly regulated the industry is already.The ISP are not controlling your service hey are rather making sure that the heavy users of their facility pay their fair share. It is not unlike the trucking industry and the high taxes they pay for access to the roads. Those high fees no more control deliveries to your home than the fees that Netflix has to pay.Actually if you are trying to say...
What cesspool did you crawl out of? Sanitary regulations do nothing to assure the economic viability of a restaurant.Actually high quality food at reasonable prices will lead to higher sales. Mess with those two components and your restaurant won't be around long. More restaurants have failed by serving low quality food than have been closed by any regulatory authority.I'm not here to say regulation of the restaurant industry isn't needed, I just think your...
Obviously you can't read for content.Honestly I never understood the need to offer competition in the electrical supply business. At least not to consumers. It is a feel good liberal approach to a utility.Nope! The problem here is that net neutrality will make things worst, not better as the freeloaders will have equal access to the net. The volume of data will go up and the performance of the networks will go down.As for those network access rates very few are...
Actually no it is about making sure that heavy users of a companies infrastructure pay for that usage.
Of course they would be impacted. You can't build what you can't pay for. This is what excessive regulation would lead too.That is the most asinine statement I've ever seen. More restaurants have failed due to people not returning then have been closed up due to regulation. Beyond that sanitation isn't something that is unknown to a good part of the population.I'm not sure how you can manage to work that phrase into this conversationIn any event I see the number...
First off you can't be neutral when it comes to network management. You can't orivide the same level of performance for interactive communications that might be acceptable for an ftp transfer. If you don't have a network that prefers interactive communications over just about anything else then you loose the ability to deliver a high level of performance to that service.The second tier down is with content providers streaming data to customers. Again they need a high...
That isn't what I'm hearing. At the extremes the net neutrality people want free access which is asinine.Never said it was. However consider the stupidity of the desire here, people want to replace the management of network infrastructure by the owners/operators of that network with government regulation. The approach the government wants would give the same priority to an ftp download that a VoIP call might get. Do people really want choppy video calling or...