or Connect

Posts by wizard69

This is completely true. However when you have a product line with sales tanking you have to ask why. Apple doesn't seem to want to ask why.OK I will let you say that and just assume that you have nothing to do with the corporate world. I can't even say that corporate policy is even rational at times but their is a huge bias against all in ones. Unless of course the all in one is a laptop.That is a personal opinion, for many a choice in monitors is a requirement.The...
Sure it is, that doesn't invalidate my position.That is asinine considering I'm suggesting a machine with a much higher entry level price than the Mini. In any event I'm not sure why you keep twisting this into a suggestion that I want Apple stuff cheap, anybody with a reasonable mind would realize that I'm asking for a machine that would be far more expensive than the Mini.Hasn't hurt the company because the Mac Desktop lineup is a tiny part of the equation these days....
That is baloney and frankly I think you know that. Of course if your definition of run is dog slow then maybe you are right.No the point is the machine is limited performance wise. This is why I believe that Apple could do a hell of a lot better with a machine in the $1200 range. I don't expect the best or even middling in performance out of the Mini due to what it is.
There are many uses where the extra performance can be very noticeable. The idea that the only average use is crunching spread sheets is bogus. One popular use for Minis is in XCode development and frankly cores and performance means everything when running a compiler.I'm not sure why anybody would use last years hardware to arrive at a midrange performance number. This is the year of Haswell, midrange has to be determined by what is shipping new this year. Top end...
There is nothing wrong with that. The problem that Apple needs to address is that there is nothing in the desktop line up between the Mini and the now very expensive Mac Pro. And no the iMac is not an acceptable machine.
So personal preference isn't a valid reason in your world view. I guess Detroit should go back to pain isn't all cars black too!In any case the fact that I don't "want"the built in monitor isn't always a personal preference in many cases a separate monitor, that fits the application, is a requirement.If it was only me saying that I might have to admit a strange value system, however as you point out a few, actually many, feel the same way.Do you have a problem grasping...
I really don't have anything against the Mini as a small form factor computer. They have their place and have been a staple of the IBM PC world for some time. Frankly even in the PC world they have been a high margin option.However when the design is so small that you don't have a decent performance option and in Apples case nothing else in the lineup then I have a problem. Oh by decent performance I'm not just talking about the CPU in isolation, modern PCs need a...
OK so you reference data that supports my position, the Mini is a long ways from iMac performance and by definition an extremely long ways from Mac Pro performance.By the way just because the Mini can be had with quad core today does not mean that we will get quad core in the next revision. Many of Intels Iris supported chips are dual core i86. What I don't want to see is a regression in the number of cores available, which is very possible. This is also why a bump...
Yep they do all of that but still don't want to carry around a pocketful of electronics. This is why there is still a market for dedicated gaming machines.Did you even read the damn article and note that Samsung acknowledged that the market is cooling? By the way that doesn't mean the market is going away, just that it isn't the hot sector it once was. More importantly in your case you need to realize that it was never the massive market you imagined.
Completely silly his comments. Hell Apple lost the hybrid car race, the electric car race, the Adam radio race, the powered speaker race and just about every other consumer crap product race. I really have to wonder why he bothered to even post in defense of his obvious misunderstanding of reality.