or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Sales are in the crapper, there just isn't the interest that there once was in desktops. You probably have noticed but even Analysts don't bother commenting on the Mini anymore.As for iWatch I don't get the interest either, if it isn't a full iPhone replacement I can see a strong reason to wear one. IWatch would be great at a nudist camp if it could completely replace an iPhone though. You know when you have no place else to put your phone 😂😂😱😱😝😝. But that would...
For Apple power consumption would be the big deal here. It is hard to say when the product would become cost effective, but late 2014 isn't out of the question as it appears production tooling is easy to integrate.Well wear will be interesting to see over realtime. I have no doubt about the claims being basically correct. It is interesting that magnetic drive tech has been around for years, decades really, but flash could very well be a flash in the pan. Yeah I...
Slightly off topic but I see over on www.theregister.com a company has debuted new RRAM technology to replace flash. I'm wondering if Apple will adopt such tech in 2014 on Macs or portable devices. RRAM would replace flash nicely especially in portable devices. One of the reasons I'm less and less concerned about the lack of drive bays on the Mac Pro is the rapid advancement we are seeing in different solid state technologies.Now if we could only get Apple to put...
I think you mis my point completely, not everybody is an AV artist, some people have 3D printers on their desks, or a desk full of instrumentation, or pictures of the wife, maybe a PCB router, a disk array or any number of other things. Some of us run into real problems with the size of the iMac.
Amazing how far we have come. Back then I was taking engineering related classes and literally had the Mac run all night to solve a problem that I screwed up the direct equation on. Today that probably would be done in minutes of course I would hope to avoid the math error in the first place.As for the original Mac Plus that was a terribly underpowered machine, it was unfortunate that non of the projects at Apple to update it got anywhere.By the way I'm really...
Most desks have a lot more than a monitor sitting on them. Space usage is very workflow related.
If you are talking about RAM, I doubt it. I really see it as an example of Apple being terribly cheap. It isn't like the engineers or even the management team, don't have an idea about what is suitable for an operating system release. To me it is a nickel and dime way to squeeze a few more dollars out of a product, at the expense of long term good will. In a way though I think they have realized this as the machines with non upgradeable RAM are finally shipping...
At least this isn't a DED article! The problem that is see in these forecasts abpnd so forth is that the state of the economy is never mentioned nor the likely hood that it will get worst. People are far more conservative with their money these days. Combine that with grossly expensive computers like the RMBP and you have Apple in a position where they have to adjust inventory. It will be interesting to see what happens to the non retina MBP,I don't really think Apple...
I don't buy this point of view, intel is very public about its product road maps and projected release dates. All one has to do is look at what Intel is up to to get minimal times until the next Apple product release. In other words Apple can't ship unless Intel is shipping.I've never really understood Apples issues with RAM. At times they have shipped base machines that could barely run OS/X much less open an app of any capability. Even today the base machine...
I'm not sure where you are getting this information. Last I new Intel had multiple teams developing processors so that tweaked devices come out each year. Broadwell would be in development already and may hae been in development for two years now or more.