or Connect

Posts by wizard69

At least one model needs to be Haswell with Iris graphics. All the silence though has me suspecting that we will get something different from Apple. We only have a couple days to go and have yet to hear squat about the Mini. That is highly unusual to say the least.
What is interesting here is that PCI Express flash, Samsung has announced that it is now shipping 3D flash technology in volume. This could be very interesting in the Mac Pro and Mac Book Pro as it could put a lot of storage space on those little cards Apple uses. Possibly cheaper storage too, though bleeding edge comes with a premium in most cases.I think that is a matter of demand and supply. If production capacity is there everything will go retina in the Mac...
My curiosity about what is about to happen to the Mini continues to grow. I'm still expecting a new device of some sort. The lack of interest with respect to the Mini is saddening.
Sadly this is now true. There was a time in life where the Wall Street Journal was well respected, now it isn't any better that a rumors site.
Possibly but that is why I see such a machine as futile. People with minimal computing needs are gravitating towards cell phones and tablets. Demand for low end machines just isn't the. At least not in the context of the iMac. Now a low cost Mini that could do server duty or back office support that would sell.Intels problem is price doesn't make a difference. PCs are dirt cheap but not moving. Intel could do more harm to themselves by lowering prices too...
Yep, incentive enough to consider Apple products. To be honest though this is the first I've heard of this issue, so apparently its isn't wide spread.
I would expect Apple is doing better than the above on RAM and flash prices. 8GB is well under $100 retail now. Siri was being a bitch but I'm thinking the cost to Apple would be in the $30-40 dollar range. Flash is dropping month after month so it would be a wild guess to determine what Apple pays, however we can see with the Mac Book AIR that Apple can be aggressive with the pricing of strategic parts.As you note the GPUs are also a unknown here. By the time the...
This is a rational concern, the storage situation with TB needs a shake up. It would go a long way to making the Mac Pro a success if Apple would offer its own solutions to go with the new Mac Pro. Solutions that are offered at a reasonable price. I'm not talking high end storage systems here but rather smaller storage units which are universally over priced with TB ports.One of the beauties of TB is that the storage system can look like anything you want it to be. ...
Saving is the order of the day, but unfortunately much of those savings go to other projects. It could be until next year before I'm ready to buy.Go for a hike! Really if more trash electronics is causing you so much grief you need to take your mind off the industry.Nice send an extra our way.Nothing really is planned. I will be very tempted by an iPad though, I'm actually surprised at my heavy usage of the current one I have. My iPhone is an after thought in...
Well we don't know that for sure yet! 😜😜😁 However A8 is likely only a year away (if Apple can keep up) so the potential is there for something sooner than expected. Frankly A7 looks like a perfectly suitable chip for a Mac like machine already. It would have to be a variant that supports the required desktop interfaces such as USB and TB but that really isn't a big deal, call it A7D for desktop/laptop. Up the clock rate a bit, say 1.8GHz, and you will have a fine...