or Connect

Posts by wizard69

It is entirely possible, Intel did release new XEONs late this winter into spring. The architecture has been significantly enhanced so it might lead to a nice bump in performance.
Well maybe not on the same day but it won't be far behind. Then we will have to listen to all the whining about Apple updating the Mac Pro too fast. Demands for refunds will follow and so forth.On the other hand you never know, Apple might wait for the next Xeon process shrink. What ever they do they can't let the machine lag for years like they find the last Mac Pro. They need to work with Intel to make sure the evolution of Xeon is right for this platform.Hey maybe...
That was funny. What isn't so funny is the computational power the Mc Pro puts on ones desk today. For a guy who's first computer was a Vic 20 we have come a very very long way indeed.Given that I could see batman using an array of Mac Pros. The machine is already black so it fits in with the common motif.Yes the CPUs classified as desktop which frankly is becoming a very blurry distinction these days. Intel now has 35 and 45 watt desktop chips. With a little...
When I first wrote that I was thinking about AMDs new Puma based cores for low end hardware. It is a good core that does better than Atom and comes close to i3 in some cases.As for ARM based devices that landscape is changing so fast that it is hard to know where we stand. In Apples case though I think they have a lot of unlocked potential in A7. The hardware already has near Haswell quality features in the CPUs, improve the caches and memory interfaces and I really...
Not really when you consider what the majority of users buy the machines for.
Interesting! I have to wonder if this keyboard is universal, that is will it act as a keyboard for any Bluetooth compliant device? That would require a work around for the power switch arrangement.
Why would you read this forum if you don't care. Since there is zeros leakage as to what the new hardware will be like, the best we can do is entertain ourselves with levity.
I like to think that a few designers at Apple where glancing at pictures of an old Cray when designing the Mac Pro. As for a coffee mug I'm surprised that hasn't happened already. The design is so generic you would think that Apple would have a hard time stopping the coffee cup from being marketed.Well I do care about what the new Mini will look like. Mainly because I don't see myself shelling out for a Mac Pro today. Even here it isn't so much about the specifics of...
Yep I see highly mixed results for a number of reasons.Which brings up another question/complaint/want, when will Apple come up with a standardized mounting system? 1/4-20 is probably too big so maybe something different like a dovetail that uses an adapter to existing tripod 1/4-20 studs. As camera quality increases there is a real benefit to being able to use tripods and other camera mounts.
Back in the day, the thing I loved about using large medium format cameras was that it slowed me down and thus I took the time to look over the entire image in the view finder. I found it liberating in a way because trying to do something similar in a 35 mm view finder was next to impossible. Look at the ground glass was very much like looking at an LCD, given shielding from ambient light.Bad photography can really spoil ones meal. I remember years ago going into...