or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I never really have bought into that idea. Apple is simply focused on quality systems which to an extent costs money, but quality isn't as expensive as some people think. Apples laptops are expensive in part due to using Intels top of the line chips, now Apple doesn't pay retail and likely gets the best wholesale price going but those Intel chips are a significant portion of the cost of Apples laptops.This is also baloney. At least in my case I went Apple because it...
Apple needs to address the lower cost segment of the market. A $600 laptop from Apple does not confuse the market due the wide price disparity. Beyond that I don't see Apple positioning a "regular" Mac laptop in this slot, I'd suspect some sort of hybrid between a Mac and a tablet.Your agreement has some validity but on the other hand Apple gives up considerable potential due to limited breadth of its Mac line up. Some sales simply aren't possible because Apple...
Huh?
It does look like Apple is slowing down Mac development. As for an $800 Mac Book it is really up to Intel to price a chip set that can power such a machine reasonably. Make no mistake Intel is under huge pressure to hit better price points for its processors. Even if Intel did debut a more price sensitive chip set I'm not convinced that Apple is that concerned about its laptops anymore.This is true but it is often very difficult to explain to people that are more...
Yes it is and likely is due to thermal issues. This is especially frustrating because price wise the iMac is of debatable value in its current form. Then again I'm really hoping for a Mini that implements an SSD. However my reasoning for the Mini is more about opening up a bit more thermal capacity for better GPU performance.
Many early SSD's where brought to market way to early. I've not seen mention of any of Apples implementations having an issue. Considering how people whine about every little glitch in their machines I have to think that Apples chosen SSD's are relatively trouble free.I agree 100% with this! I've owned computers since I was a teenager many years ago and the majority of the problems over the years have been storage related. Considering that drive replacement is...
I don't know why this keeps getting repeated but I don't know of any soldered in SSD's in Apples machines. RAM yes but that is a different situation, eventually all high performance RAM arrays will be soldered in. DDR4 demands soldered in RAM in its highest performance versions for example.On Apples machines that you can get access to; the blade SSD's slide into a socket. I'd make the suggestion that they are easier to replace.We maybe on an iMac. However it is...
One thing I wish people would do when posting this crap about Sanddisk drives is to actually say what the believe the problem is. Because to be honest I've heard nothing about premature failures in any of the Macs.See in the forums or actual hardware out in the field? If it is in the forums you need to be careful about the same old birds parroting a common refrain. I'm not trying to be dismissive here, rather I'm just indicating that complaints in forums like these...
Hey a where did you get that picture of me!That is an interesting thought. I was sitting in the Apple the other day waiting to get my iPad exchanged and they had us (lots of people in line) waiting at one of the desks. There was set up a retina MBP - nice, makes my old MBP look sick in comparison. I could see such an advance driving iMac sales.See this I have a problem with and is why I'd probably not buy an iMac. The problem is going to a retina screen is a...
Haven't seen that, mainly because I can't stomach MacLifes style and lack of knowledge. So what was their problem with TB? It is doubtful that anything Mac Life prints has any basis in the technical facts surrounding the issue at hand.There have been a number of ways to extend PCI Express over the years, so running PCI Express outside the box isn't exactly new. The trick is to do so reliably.As for the controller chips in the cable that gives Apple some flexibility...