or Connect

Posts by wizard69

It doesn't even need to be that complicated. Give the user the same general interface and start up iPad apps full screen as is done now. However give the user enough RAM and CPU horse power to keep the apps running in background, in other words eliminate the multitasking problem. That part of the machine would mostly remain iOS like. However that won't be good enough for many iOS/Mac users.So you would need to offer more traditional UNIX like facilities. For...
I'm not sure why so many are arguing against the possibility of a fan less device, it is already a done deal as you point out. The only real question is this, does Apple go ARM or Intel?Well the other question would be does the machine remain a Mac or end up running another OS. Apple has a lot of incentive to add something like a laptop to the iOS line. If that machine has all the restrictions of the current iOS devices then it won't be for me. However if it...
Bingo!I was about to offer up something similar but you beat me to it. With Apples CNC'ed chassis process they can build heat sinking right into the laptops shell. This might require rearrangement of components, in this case the bottom shell becoming the heat sink / machined aluminum piece. The PC board would then be flipped so that the hot components are in contact with the aluminum via a thermal transfer media.The problem here is thickness. To lower thermal...
Obviously it wouldn't be a machine for you! Because boot camp and virtual machines are so important to Apples Mac lineup I don't think such a machine would be marketed as a "Mac". I can see it becoming something different that is neither a Mac nor an iOS device. The main reason Apple would do this is to be able to market a high quality machine 2-300 dollars cheaper than current laptops.In any event useless is a state of mind, given the right OS support I'd jump on...
They have done it before.That would be new and improved wouldn't it? By the way Intel appears to be part of the problem here, much of new and improved could focus on RAM and the SSD.In the end I wouldn't call it a silent refresh, they will resort to the net and other means to raise consumer awareness.
Why? Is the Sharp screen not good enough for you?Speaking of features support for USB 3 would be nice, it would be even nicer if Apple where to put those ports at the front of the monitor. That includes the SDXC slot. Since Apple most likely won't do that there is little advantage to buying an Apple branded monitor.
I really don't think anybody is saying merge the OS'es. Rather we re saying produce a Mac that can leo run iOS apps. Big difference!!!! They currently have everything to do this inlace with the iOS emulator running with Xcode. All they need to do is dress it up a bit and make it more transparent to the user.Power isn't the big problem on a laptop. However it is also a mistake to refers to it as activated. Multi-Tasking works fine on iOS devices, it just...
Possibly for you, me I'd jump on it if it could run Mac OS and support iOS apps. In fact I would enjoy having an ultra light laptop that can run Mac OS decently and do that on a battery charge for days.
Maybe it is ARM based. Or maybe all the noise about Broadwell not landing until late in the year is BS. More importantly maybe Broadwell is such a large series of processors that not all of them come immediately. Or maybe just maybe the rumors is baseless.Intel supposedly has very very high integration Broadwells in the coming line up. Apple and Intel could have cut a deal for early access. It could even go so far as being a custom chip for Apple, with Apple...
I have no problem with file size. In fact more pixels can be a good thing if the quality is there. Beyond that once we have 4K displays 8 megapixels will start to be seen as low resolution. Given that I'd only expect more pixels from Apple if they can enhance quality.I'd rather have both really. 10-12 MegaPixels would be nice.Honestly Apple needs to address the lack of flash in its iOS devices sooner or later. It gets to the point that the pricing for more...