or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Well this could be debated at length but i don't see the shipping being cheaper if you do low volume shipments. If Apple has one or two UPS trucks pulling up to the plant daily, to move a few hundred machines a day, I'm not sure they would get the costs of shipping under control.This is actually an interesting discussion but more so I don't think most of us know what sort of rates Apple is getting.
Except for the fact that it is realistic to have the CPU clocked faster. Oh and the GPU can be much faster.People seem to discount the importance of the GPU in modern systems where as I see the GPU to be incredibly important in a Mini sized machine.
The use of the word scheme has a more positive meaning in Britain than the USA. In Britain it seems to be OK to use the word in advertising and so forth in the same way we would use the word plan. In the USA a person with a scheme is likely up to no good. The word may reference a plan in both countries, but in the US schemes are often seen in a negative light, criminal even.There are a lot of confusing differences between the two countries language wise with...
It isn't even clear that it is a mistake given her English background.What is worst is people making all this noise about what they think is a grammar error in a speech. Anybody that has ever done public speaking has made errors during a speech. It is a fact of life. At least she didn't call the TB ports FireWire ports.
Even English grammar varies a bit around the world. Beyond that if you come from yet another culture it is hard to drop elements from the language common there. For example a person of French origin may have lived in an English speaking country for years and still talk with a French flavor.
I really think Apple will seize the day and go 64 bit on all pads. It would be a huge win for them going into the shopping season and really all through most of next year.I think they will also. 64 bits could be implemented in the Mini with reduced RAM (compared to the next iPad) and maybe without touch ID. I mention RAM because the one thing iPad needs more than a 64 bit chip is RAM. So I'm expecting someplace between 2 & 4 GB of RAM in the next full size iPad.
Exactly my point. Apple use red in the post PC era and did absolutely nothing with their desktop line up to address that new reality. The desktop line up is virtually identical to the line up they had when the iPhone was introduced. Mind you during the same time period the laptop line went through a major overhaul.Due to the fact that this is the post PC era, the usage of desktop machines is changing radically. The attraction of low end machines is declining rapidly...
No man in his right mind buys an iMac to use as a display for another computer.Apple hasn't change the desktop line up in well over a decade and it is starting to be reflected in sales. Thus the new Mac Pro. So they spruce up one panel of their triptych and leave the rest alone, I don't think that solves the bigger issues here. The problem is the markets are vastly different than they where a decade ago, much of people's computing needs are getting solved by the...
This is a real issue for many. The economy plus the focus on post PC realities means that the whole mentality of the desktop business is changing rapidly. I really see Apple getting caught with their collective pants around the ankles. The only bit of light here is that the IMacs sales where flat while the Mini and pro sales are in the gutter, but that was info from two years ago. I really can't imagine the iMac is doing much better today.Yep! It is a clear...
I want AMD to survive as much as anybody, however when was the last time Apple sold 250k a quarter of the Mac Pro? I'd be surprised if they do 5oK a year. Of course 50K = 100K GPUs.This project will no doubt help AMD. For one it is a great marketing advantage and highlights their efforts with OpenCL. Certainly every little sale helps the bottom line. I'm just not sure it will save AMD because the bread and butter is dropping out of the GPU business and they have...