or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I can see FKK beaches in Relics future! After all we don't want to be seeing nasty tan lines.
Well you know Apple, it is hard to say what they will do. I'm imagining a Mac Pro with two GPUs as today with the new XEON Phi replacing the current XEON. GPUs still have significant advantages over anything Intel has to offer so I don't see the two GPUs going away. The interesting thing here is Intel making variants of Phi that can operate as system processors. Instead of struggling to go from 8-12 cores in a Pro, Apple could easily jump to 32, 64 or any number...
I caught an interesting announcement someplace in the last day or two from Intel. The have the intention of integrating RAM into some of their many core processors. In this case they specifically mentioned XEON Phi but it is applicable to other XEONs. The RAM can be used as cache of or fast system RAM. This is sorta like the RAM in the Iris +.The other interesting thing is that a Xeon Phi well be delivered that can act as a system processor. The interesting...
The iCloud versions got updated a couple of days ago. I really think we are seeing a new Apple here and have to agree that by this time next year the apps will be vastly improved.
I get the sense that Apple is adopting (somewhat) the open source concept of "release early release often". With the apps now free their is no need to work years on huge feature sets to justify the upgrade cost. Effectively they are free to trickle out improvements when they are ready.Interestingly this is the way many apps are supported on App Store these days. I haven't had a week go by without an app update and I don't have a lot of apps installed.
Honestly who would want such a large cell phone? I'm still using my iPhone 4 because it is significantly smaller than the current offerings. If I need a big screen I can grab an iPad, for something to slip in ones pants small is beautiful.
Some of the early drives had real technical problems not specifically related to the flash chips. Early adopter problems if you will. I'm not sure if it is due to Anobit or other vendors but Apple seems to be doing extremely well with its SSD implementations.Abrupt stops are bad for just about anything. Ever seen a car after hitting a bridge abutment. Now you may say what does that have to do with this discussion, little other than there are numerous ways for a...
Yeah that makes a lot of sense, put a new tech video card into an otherwise outdated Mac. Mind you I'm the guy that has been pushing for XMac for years now but even I understand the futility of trying to up date old hardware with new video cards.
Just because you see things clearly from the outside doesn't mean that it is so for people up to their Elbows in a revolutionary product.I would suggest that Apple was doing more with the concept before 2002. In any event Apple knew they needed maps and that is why they worked with Google to deliver those maps. Just to get the infrastructure in place to build out their own maps solution required a couple of years worth of acquisitions. The fact that they got all these...
Actually I'm sad to hear about the sale of the Mac Book.Unfortunately that isn't the case for me. I often have my machine loaded to the point that it just crawls.They never have been. I'm not sure where you get this idea that they at one time had superior hardware. Even in the days of the power PC it was more marketing than real performance advantages.For my primary computer I'd say yes. For other thing no. This isn't an all or nothing world.Linux will never go...