or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Why would this be a problem? Build a cheap entry level model and an upsell model that is significantly faster.
That is baloney put an old operating system on today's hardware and it will be thousands of times faster. I can remember waiting all night for my Mac Plus to finish a computation.Wishful thinking, the cloud isn't very fast at all when it isn't available. Beyond that modern browsers run windows in separate processes so fast hardware is important otherwise you just overload your CPU.Well I applaud your recognition of Linux and BSD but those OS can get bogged down also. ...
I realize that America is in decline as far as people's ability to grasp technical issues but it has been said again and again the two OS's are largely the same. I'm not sure why people have trouble grasping this but for the most part they vary only in the UI and the scheduler. Many of the support libraries are exactly the same.
Just about a 2GB download! And people wonder why I see 256 GB as the minimal SSD size these days.
Opinions are fine but experience is a ruthless teacher. Anybody that has used touch screens on other desktop systems knows that they leave much to be desired. Operating system convergence, if you want to call it that, will come via AI and other advance technologies. Putting a touch interface on the Mac is looking towards the past not the future.
I can see them adding TB2. Mainly because it can drive a monitor. In the long run I expect the cell phone to replace the PC. However large screens are wonderful so TB2 is the rational way to offer that facility. Of course iOS improvements are needed, but in the long term this is where we are heading.
It would be nice if this was the truth. The lack of a Mini update last year was a big disappointment especially considering how good the Haswell GPUs are.
No the idea of charging for a service that effectively benefits the city is stupid. As for benefitting the people, the people need to be willing to work. San Francisco simply has too many free loaders, frankly many of them in Government, which explains why San Francisco has been one of Americas failed cities for so long.
Incredibly stupid and frankly fully expected from a city like San Francisco. Just another reason for decent people to avoid California and its poorly managed cities.
Nobody completely obsessed with benchmarks will be happy with Kaveri. If you take a more balanced view the processor really isn't that bad.Which is baloney. Sure Intels best CPU does better in some tests but lets face it Haswell does much better than Sandy Bridge. As for your obsession with the GPU as a gaming feature that is baloney also. GPU's are very important in all modern operating systems.It beats Kaveri if you hand pick the benchmarks to prove your...