or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I would think that if Apple wants to deliver a panel to the professional AV market they would go beyond 4k. The goal being to support a 4 K movie with room for a mix of editing controls on screen. The problem is then getting enough bits to the screen. The interesting thing here is that AMDs documentation indicated that the ports on their chips can support data rates beyond what DisplayPort 1.2 requires. How much customization this requires is unknown. In any...
Actually I could see them going with a new technology screen. IGZO is the likely candidateI'm not sure where you got that idea from. Apple will drop technology like a hot potato if it isn't working out for them.This is the thing, sales aren't that great so why the delay for a screen even if it is new technology?This is the thing that is so effing obvious that it makes you wonder about all of these reports about other things causing delay. The reality is this, Intel...
What many miss here is bugs. Bugs in Apples SDK and apps lead to a lot of memory leaks. Between the leaks and just poor memory management in Apples apps we loose a lot of RAM to waste.If you keep track of what is happening development wise, Apple is moving to ARC (Automatice Reference Counting) instead of garbage collection. The rumor is this has vastly improved the behavior of XCode.It will be interesting to see how the bundled Apps work in Mavericks. I would...
Apple may simply be in a position that they need two suppliers to keep up. Before things really started to ramp up for Apple I understood that they where using 80% of Samsungs capacity.As for IP, there is nothing to indicate that Apple has lost any to the competition. At least not processor wise. One has to remember that Apple bought Intrinsity after Intrinsity worked with Samsung to improve their ARM processors. Most likely Samsung still holds licenses to...
I'm not sure they increased the bandwidth per channel, it looks more like they bonded channels to get one pipe in each direction. If I read the graphic right we still get full duplex that is a good thing.As I've said before I think Apple has already gotten 90% of what they want out of TB, it is an ideal docking solution for them. That it can be exploited on the new Mac Pro is just icing on the cake so to speak. Contrary to popular opinion I don't think Apple ever...
Unfortunately information is sparse at the moment. If you find some good documentation on TB 2 post a link.This is the case in many industries, buy a milling machine for $x and add another $1.5x for tooling. The problem here is the mystery of what the real capabilities of the new Mac Pro are. Yeah Apple has some specs up but we don't know how high bandwidth things like 4K displays impact the TB multi drop capability. Or for that matter the companion port on each...
It isn't anymore Rube Goldberg than the iMac. There is nothing about TB that bets on embedded graphics.Because the bandwidth isn't suitable for many uses in the TB 1 design? Video is one example but TB 1 is slow for many uses including storage arrays. TB2 gives users and designers sim breathing room. I do wonder if TB 2 forces a port for video usage to be video only though when hooked up to a display 4 K or greater.I really don't get the KoolAid statement, without...
I wouldn't start to worry until the end of September. Hopefully Apple is going with hardware that will come out from Intel in that time frame. Frankly I think it will be worth the wait.
I'm in shock but I have to agree 100% with Tallest here. It will be an extremely long time before automatic driving is as reliable as human drivers in all the varying conditions the average car might see. At best we might get collision avoidance technology really soon. With so many crashes the results of idiots on their phone running red lights such technology would pay off very quickly.
]One reason for that position is that over the years the vast majority of computer failure I've had to deal with have been secondary store related probably followed closely by power supply failures. I just think it is asinine to design the iMac in the way it is today. It wouldn't bE that difficult to allow easy access to the hard drive and if they go to SSD blades only, it would be even easier. In my book it is a fatal flaw design wise.