or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, put a new tech video card into an otherwise outdated Mac. Mind you I'm the guy that has been pushing for XMac for years now but even I understand the futility of trying to up date old hardware with new video cards.
Just because you see things clearly from the outside doesn't mean that it is so for people up to their Elbows in a revolutionary product.I would suggest that Apple was doing more with the concept before 2002. In any event Apple knew they needed maps and that is why they worked with Google to deliver those maps. Just to get the infrastructure in place to build out their own maps solution required a couple of years worth of acquisitions. The fact that they got all these...
Actually I'm sad to hear about the sale of the Mac Book.Unfortunately that isn't the case for me. I often have my machine loaded to the point that it just crawls.They never have been. I'm not sure where you get this idea that they at one time had superior hardware. Even in the days of the power PC it was more marketing than real performance advantages.For my primary computer I'd say yes. For other thing no. This isn't an all or nothing world.Linux will never go...
This thinking is totally bogus in my mind. The number one problem is that people think that Apple couldn't maintain quality in a far less expensive laptop. People need to grasp that the single most expensive part in Apples laptops is the processor. Now we can't say what Intel charges for those chips but list is very high at around $350 dollars each. If Apple can get an equivalent chip for $40 bucks they can almost immediately shave $300 dollars off the price...
It depends upon your perspective, frankly I can't see Apple coming up with anything that does better. Let's face it a iWatch might be handy in a nudist camp (assuming it doesn't need an iPhone) but an iPhone in my pocket is far more useful device wise than anything I can see them stuffing into a watch.And most of the rest of the watch market is going the way of the point and shoot camera. So much functionality gets integrated into a smart phone these days that one...
I see a lot of blaming Samsung here, but really watches are a joke. In general if you see a watch on somebodies wrist you have a flag that says avoid me because I'm an asshole.
I voted yes, but maybe wasn't thinking about MacBook in the sense you are. Rather I see an ARM based device filling in the low price keyboard included marketApple needs to hit the 600-700 dollar mark. The only way to do that is to shave off a huge slice from the processors cost. Interestingly Intel is under a lot of pressure to lower laptop parts cost so maybe something Intel based will ship.$999 is way too high.Doesn't matter.
The Mini is pretty popular with developers and does a good job for smaller projects. XCode however can make good use of lots of hardware threads, so I think many developers are tempted buy faster hardware. The Mini could certainly leverage an SSD and a design supporting Apple a fast SSD blades would be rally nice.This is a throw back, but I remember back when I got my Mac Plus and one of the compilers from an odd company I can't remember now. In any event bugs...
Actually on the PC they compete even less from what I can see.You abandon rather quickly if sales suck. The vast majority of all Mac desktop sales go to the iMac. Everything else has been in decline.Well you can think that and hope that but you can't state it as fact.
I wouldn't want you too, however bringing joy to the world is worth commenting on.That is nice. I never really got the chance to even consider learning music or the playing of instruments growing up. It was my fathers opinion that if I had time for such I didn't have enough work to do. A few years ago I bought a cheap guitar to "play" with but teaching an old dog new tricks is tough row to hoe.Speaking of posting do you have any YouTube videos up of your band or...