or Connect

Posts by wizard69

From the standpoint of a user you may believe that some of those features are important but in reality they result in more trouble than they are worth. The reality is such machines as the Mac Pro are a huge benefit to software developers as they have well known hardware to target. Further any bugs or driver issues are well known and have a central source of resolution in Apple. Since there are always bugs or software glitches, having a limited number of configurations...
The price structure is sickening. The logic escapes me really, they where ready to deep six the old model due to very weak sales and then they come up with this machine that even fewer people will buy. Makes no sense at all.It isn't the top end models that bother me, its the fact that the entry level machine is at least $1000 too expensive to drive volume. They need volume or the bean counters will simply scrap the machine a year or two down the road.Again my issue...
What rumors? This is the problem I've heard zip about the Mini, nothing at all about an upgrade nor a replacement. It is sad it is almost the end of the year.
You say that but you really have to look at this form the perspective of a small company. Especially if you are in an industry that often sees technology stolen by more powerful corporations. Remember this isn't a company that ran around looking of IP to buy just so they could sue somebody.I know this might surprise some but a lot of corporations are not so respectable or ethical when it comes to where they get their technology from. When you are a little guy on the...
The sad thing here is people calling WiLan trolls. They actually had some developmental experience here and only changed to a licensing model after they decided it was an easier avenue to follow. It isn't like they went out and bought the license on the open market for the sole purpose of suing people. Now the good thing here is that their claims where apparently so thin that even a liberal interpretation of the laws with respect to patents didn't cover their game. ...
Good question! Here is my take, a larger iPad only makes sense, it will happen eventually. However I see a different possibility for the machines new name. That is to leverage the great success Apple has had with Mac Book AIR and its marketing cache. MBA has been a run away success story and Haswell has turned them into dynamite laptops, so maybe this is a reverse halo being applied to the hardware. As for iPad Pro, that can't really be far away. It will likely...
That would be nice. It would be even nicer if it came as a MagSafe adapter that would allow the use of the dock connector for other needs. The lack of available ports on the iPads is still a big boner for me. Apple needs to address this some how so even a separate charging port would go a long ways to improving the hardware. Even better would be Apple licensing this port so that we could get direct power input from a car power point. IPADS great portability has...
Yeah, I'm not sure about people that would recommend Ivy Bridge over Haswell if the person is interested in GPU performance. iris performance can be pretty interesting and really lays to rest many of the integrated GPU woes of the past.I'm with you on this one, I'm not sure why the Mini wasn't revved. It is perhaps the machine that could most benefit from Haswell.
I really think that this is what Apple is doing but concentrating on where it matters. For example the A7, it has lots of great technology in there beyond just the 64 bit ARM core. It really is bleeding edge even though everybody and their brother is ragging on Apple about it and how "useless" it is. Of course we on the forums see it differently as software rapidly evolves to take advantage of processor. Even the little M7 in the machine takes a technology step...
Yep! That is what people don't get, the feature that sets them apart is the screen size. People buy the screen size they want and honestly want as much processing power in that screen as possible. it is one of the more frustrating aspects of buying a laptop. To get a high performance processor one has to buy one of the largest machines available. Even today the 13" MBP does not have a quad core option.The other way to look at this is iPhone which comes in...