or Connect

Posts by wizard69

No we understand what you are saying and think it is an idiotic point of view to take. What it takes to get people to buy Apple hardware is simply hardware they want. Timing isn't a factor here because few people are so foolish as to buy everything Apple introduces on the day it is introduced. Sure a few do but that is tiny fraction of the user base.If you haven't noticed Apples iPhone and iPad sales have remained remarkably strong months after a products debut. ...
I have to agree with your position, anybody that feels they need to buy every new product from Apple on the day it comes out has a problem and frankly needs to see a shrink or worst. I bought my iPhone 4 when it came out and it still runs like a top. Actually it has gotten better with each iOS update. Frankly I might milk it for another year as I use my iPad far more than the iPhone. Even my iPad is only the third model.Again thanks for posting this as I find these...
Don't you see what is going on here, the analyst has set himself up to be correct when the new iPhone actually ships. This idiots track record isn't any better than anybody else's. No one at Apple will be discussing release does with anybody outside of the company and as far as suppliers go I suspect they have grown tired of all these people trying to pry info out of their employees.AI is really wasting our time and bandwidth with these stories and as such needs to cut...
i agree 110%.Frankly it is baseless speculation and doubtful if there is any research at all to back it up. I know rumors are hard to come by nowadays but really this is the publishing industry, hire somebody to write that has talent and an understanding of the field. No DED isn't an example of talent nor a person with an understanding of the field. It really is important to have some substance to a publication. I realize there is a certain fun aspect to a rumors...
It depends upon what your are using it for. If they where to target the portable player market as a major selling point a 16:9 or a 16:10 screen would work well.They will likely remain separate products for some time. I would see them merging with some sort of on board AI to facilitate interfacing to the OS. People tend to look towards the past instead of the future. The future is AI as a facilitator of computer usage.Well hopefully!
As the debut date gets closer the thoughts about how the machine will be marketed become more and more interesting. I'm pretty much convinced that part of the redesign goal was to hit a lower price point for the entry level model. This to encourage more volume for the Mac Pro. Without more volume the Mac Pro is a machine on lifer support.The reality is this, the people that found the old Mac Pro to be a bad value did not look at the iMac but rather went other ways. ...
I guess this is the problem I have with your points. The roles as you say aren't in any way interchangeable. further a machines role is not determined by its price point.Maybe they are reading what you are saying and then rejecting it completely?Such a machine would have zero impact on the iMac. The fact is the Mac Pro would be an incomplete system at $2000 requiring a monitor at the very least.Your logic is beyond explanation here. If Apple releases the base model...
True but the AIR really gives me a lot of hope here. This machine has morphed into an exceedingly good value and has the sales result to go with it. So i don' think it is impossible for Apple to adjust the pricing structure on the Mac Pro to make it a far better value than the old design was. I suspect this was one of the goals for the radical redesign of the machine, that is to be able to market high performance at an aggressive price point for a workstation.That...
I don't know if calling it a Mac Pro makes sense but people do want a reasonably priced desktop performance machine. At the entry point Mac Pros have traditionally been horrible values. This is what Apple should strive to address. Frankly it is the only way I see Apple getting enough volume to justify the Mac Pro line.The only good thing here is that I see this chassis allowing Apple to restructure the Mac Pro line and associate price points to make the hardware...
Hopefully iPad autocorrect won't turn this into something no one can understand!😉😉I'm not sure why people see the 13" MBP as being in the same category as the AIR. I see them as two entirely different machines. On The other hand the current AiRs are such a step forward that all the MBP's are in need of substantial updates. That simply to put a solid performance delta back in place.For people that don't need a MBP right this very minute, waiting for the new models is...