or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Actually Yosemite is pretty awesome itself. It really doesn't make sense to wait when every single release, even a bug fix minor release has the potential to add problems.As for this specific issue I can't say I've experienced this problem on my 2008 MBP. This machine has intact been performing very well over WiFi even if there seems to be other Yosemite introduced performance issues. I consider downloading XCode to be one stress test that has indicated good...
DED at his worst. I'm not sure if DED lives in some sort of fantasy land or not but, but I couldn't read through most of this BS. Building a better product has been Apples goal since iPhone 1. The fact that Apple now has the hardware to deliver on its goals has nothing to do with Samsung. I should mention that software is also important to delivering on Apples goals and that that infrastructure doesn't happen over night either. So how is Apple evolving its...
Err no, Bell labs researchers have pursued a number of things with and without Bell labs support. The thing with basic research is that you will never know before hand if it has a payoff that will aid the bottoms line.Very shortsighted! However the research shouldn't involve new techniques in basket weaving.Honestly I'd like to see Apple funding basic research that has nothing to do with Apple.Here is the thing though, consider what would happen these days if Apple...
That might be a reasonable suggestion in some cases but the problem is Apples spell checkers are into everything and as such you would expect a reasonable investment on Apples part to make sure they don't suck. Honestly Mel, I'm not sure how you can defend Apple here. Apple can't imprive anything without putting energy into it. You seem to think because real progress has been slow with spell checkers that Apple should just punt and let somebody else do it.Frankly...
Hell I'm going through life with a two year degree and find Apples spell checkers to be frustrating and at times mind boggling in their behavior.This is a constant problem, words flagged as mis spelled that are very common in english yet Apples software rejects them with no rational reason. Worst is substitutions that come completely out of left field. You may focus on the word exceptionalism but this problem is extremely common with even mainstream vocabularies.As to...
I think you are missing the point, there is much that needs to be improved with Apples spell checkers. You won't get extra errors if reasonable intelligence is added to the spell checker. Some of the errors Apples software is coming up with is beyond explanation. I run into this all the time.I'd go so far as to say there isn't anything in Apples software library that is more defective than their spell checking solutions.
These are significant considerations. I'd add to that list extensive research in AI, speech recognition, neural network tech and the like. In fact I see AI research as perhaps the near term hot technology that could easily slip by Apple.Neural networks is another interesting tech as it has a far greater potential for implementation into an iPad in the short term. Certainly quantum computing would be nice but I just don t see a short term solution where it will be...
I really have to disagree. Proof can be seen the rather lackluster hardware released this year. Don't even get me started on software.That had very little to do with the size of the company. You are either on the bleeding edge or you aren't. Staying on that edge requires continuous development of new products to meet your customers needs. All we need to do is look at alternative companies that didn't maintain a strong R&D profile to see that HP's investments were a...
Wishes should be changed into bug reports and feature requests.… clipped a bunch of text.There is a more general problem here that I see as Apple loosing control of the software development processes. Further there seems to be a lack of vision or willingness to acknowledge what users need, in Apples supplied apps. If they don't get a handle on this is see long term problems.IOS is a perfect example where all we have gotten lately is new skins on the supplied apps with...
The problem is there is little truth in what you say here. Using a credit card does not improve your credit rating. I generally have one card active at anytime, a card i avoid using yet i have a high credit rating.Frankly cash works really well these days.