or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I'm assuming you have a newer model. The new MBP are probably easier to repair than the iMacs. The purée 2008 MBPs where a nightmare. This is perhaps what is most frustrating about Apple hardware you can actually get to the guts, the things likely to need servicing, fast with their laptops than Apples desktops.
Like it or not that sound pretty professional. To put it bluntly amateurs don't play with the local orchestra for 12 years straight.I will repeat my last comment you have many talents, gifts if you will.
The Haswell CPUs have very little on Sandy Bridge. There are some vector instructions improvements in place but for general computing Haswell is basically a wash performance wise over Sandy Bridge. Haswell wins in low power and GPU improvements. The lower power nature of Haswell "MIGHT" result in higher CPU performance if a significantly higher clock rate can be had. However in most of the chips Intel has on the market now the gains from power savings have gone to...
Power bricks are like anything else you get what you pay for. Interestingly Apples laptop power bricks suck in the sense that the power cord eventually gets damaged. This isn't a problem on a stationary machine though. Given that I've seen examples of laptop power bricks lasting far longer than some desktop power supplies out there. In the end I'm not sure why Apple discontinued the external supply for the Mini. I do see the internal supply on the Mini as a...
I don't even need a rumor to suspect this. Apple basically ignored the machine in the same way they let the Mac Pro slip for years. Now sales are terrible and as such they are reconsidering the market position. In light of the success of the iPad the Mini has become outmoded. The majority of those still interested in desktop machines will want more performance than the Minis box can offer.
It makes for a far more flexible machine, one that can be quickly adapted to alternative uses. This is especially the case if it supports standard voltage input to the box, say 12, 24 or 48 VDC. 24 VDC is very common in the industrial world. Even better if it uses a common and freely available connector to get power into that box. Such a box could easily be integrated into everything from a milling machine to a sail boat.We do you keep repeating the non sense about TB...
It would be even more excellent if that is what Apple delivers in the revised Mini. Well maybe something a bit bigger than a soup can. I still have the problem that if you go too small you give up too much performance. Of course with ARM and the coming Intel processors you actually might get better than Mini performance in a soup can.One of the things about Apples A chips is that we don't know where they top out at performance wise. Considering that one of the...
I see the track pad as perhaps the most glaring deficiency of any Windows laptop I come across lately. At least with the Dell and Lonovo machines the track pads are for the most part worthless when compared to what is in an Apple notebook. You see most users of these windows laptops running around with a mouse of some sort. With a MBP I seldom bother with a mouse.For a long time Apples laptops have been a big fail in the service department. I have to wonder though...
You seem to be extremely talented.This does highlight one thing I continue to hate about Apple, that is shipping hardware with too little RAM. iPad could certainly use a RAM update, even 2GB would have dramatically expanded its capabilities.It probably isn't a bad idea. Let's face it modern houses aren't very resistant to natural disasters.Funny but my interest seems to be leaning towards small embedded boards these days.Wow another way for teenage lovers to escape...
Final Cut for iOS isn't impossible, I just don't see how it could reasonably work with iCloud. The bandwidth to the cloud simply isn't there. We do need better iOS hardware though. One of my biggest disappointment was the lack of a bump to RAM on iOS devices. In my estimation Apple is artificially holding the tablets back with this move, as RAM is very important for this type of software. Close behind is the need for more internal storage.Maybe it is immature...