or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Hey now I always liked the form factor of the Mac Plus. The portability of the new Mac Pro kinda reminds me of that machine. Obviously the screen isn't included and there is a massive difference in performance but the idea of a desktop class computer that travels well has always been a positive with me.In fact Apple could stuff an LCD into a similar box and I'd be willing to invest in one. With modern chips performance would be good. Of course much of the...
People lug 15" laptops around all day, for many a 12" iPad would be a huge improvement.
I don't follow GPUs like I use to, mainly because most of the discrete chips out there now are good enough for my needs. Integrated GPUs are right on the edge of being good enough also. Well at least until 4 K displays become affordable.It would have been most interesting to be a fly on the wall when Apple started discussions about their new Mac Pro concept with AMD and NVidia. I suspect AMD was more willing due to the need to extend credibility to their GPU line up. ...
I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple go AMD in the new iMac. You get better compute performance in many cases and more importantly they can share code with the Mac Pro. That and the fact hat I don't especially like NVidia has me hoping for this change.Interestingly I've yet to see a really bad report on GPU driver behavior in the new Mac Pros. I take this as a good sign that the extended development of this machine was worth the wait.Depends upon whom you believe but...
They still debut or prerelease hardware around WWDC. After all that is where the first glimpse of the new Mac Pro happened.I'm actually thinking that the next big Apple release will be an AppleTV device, where AppleTV becomes a family of products. This could happen anytime. The interesting thing here is claims of A8 already being in production. It is unlikely that the iPad will get revved already so the only machine I could see them going into is an uber AppleTV. ...
I really doubt that the Mini would get a media event if it is a simple bump! Honestly I sometimes think they are ashamed of the machine and try to not acknowledge it in public. That is too bad really because the form factor is becoming very popular even if it isn't Apple hardware.If the Mini does get a major overhaul or significantly refactored then I can see a media event of some sort.The problem right now is that Apple has so effectively clamped down on leaks nobody...
Actually the buns do more harm than the meat. It is rather surprising but I have to track blood sugar levels and those carbs are bad for you.
I wouldn't call that technology, let's face it mirrors have been used in optical systems since the dawn of the telescope. I actually surprised that Apple hasn't done something like this yet though. The hard reality with cameras is that they have to obey the laws of physics and as such you eventually have to increase size to improve features.The feature I would most welcome in a new camera design is high quality zoom across a wider focal length range. Do this while...
Or just buy a Mac if you want a Mac. Nucs are great for Linux if you want to embed a computer in another device. I'm actually shocked by the amount of compute power it is now possible to put into the palm of your hand. I mean completely functional devices here. Not to let on how old I am but one of my earlier computers was a Commodore Vic 20 which frankly sucked performance wise back then even if I could afford it. Now I can grasp an MP3 player from Apple and have...
You really don't know what you are talking about.You can only mount a law suite when you have evidence you think favors your case. You have no idea how long it took Ziilabs to build the case nor how long they have attempted a licensing deal with Apple.Why not? Would you choose a court that is known to be hostile to the idea of patents? In any event this court does nothing outstanding other than to enforce patent law, it isn't like they are making it all up as they...