or Connect

Posts by wizard69

It would be very easy to exceed iMacs performance by using a six core Haswell desktop chip or simply using a 4 core at a high clock rate. The question becomes price. Chips faster than the iMacs are possible in 4 core variants at reasonable prices, the six core chips are however very expensive.I still think Apple could hit the $1500 mark with a base line machine that outperforms the iMac. This would be a machine using desktop chips with possibly Iris graphics. They...
I do believe Apple has a strategy here to keep MS of balance.What is more pathetic, pretending that Apple is actually working on the apps? I haven't seen any signs at all of an update coming that matches what the suite needs.
That was already an issue with iWork, there is a healthy need for an update.Hammering another nail in MicroSofts coffin.
I said it here when the new phones where just announced, the so called high price on the iPhone 5c means nothing. The intent from the start was to promote the phone via sales. We will likely find that Apples sales are the strongest ever.
Our problem is that what was sold to many Americans is not what we got. That largely due to the fact that Democrats know they can't be honest with Americans as we would reject what they are really up to.The current mess is 100% a creation of the Democrats, even big labor has seen the light in that regard. Obama won using a good old fashion bait and switch game, people are finally realizing that. That doesn't mean the Republicans have a good track record, but...
It isn't a matter of kicking people when they are down, it is addressing real cultural issue that RIM has that would suggest that Apple would better off looking elsewhere for managers.Actually many where, that is why Steve cleaned house when he retook control of Apple!Maybe a very few but Steve put his dream team in place and went to town restructuring Apple into a businesses that could survive until they could deliver new products.
Beat me to it!!😁😁I was about to say something about being hungry making the US look decent.
If they use the same SSD blades used in the MBA's that will be one hell of an upgrade for the Mini. My fear though is that they would shrink the machine some more and drop support for an internal magnetic drive. Having room for bulk storage is still a nice feature to have in any desktop. Of course if Apple where to offer a cost competitive external storage device for use over TB that may allow for a much thinner Mini.Of course the Mini would have to still be around in...
Yeah I know what you are talking about now. It is very perplexing to say the least and frankly it applied to their server hardware too. The server hardware is gone now but I have this feeling that Apple just didn't want to be bothered with actually trying to sell outside its primary markets.Pretty pathetic isn't it. To be honest though I don't think the Mini was ever really something that Apple wanted to sell, it seems like a product designed for alternative sales...
That behavior actually bothers me a bit. I'm also finding that Safari doesn't handle user input as well as it did in iOS 6. Too many actions get interpreted the wrong way. For example attempts to scroll a view sometimes translate into link selections. Sometimes when no link is near by. I'm noticing a hyper sensitivity in other apps too, this all on my iPad. I suspect Apple has something screwed up at a low level with iOS 7 as the touch screen just isn't accurate...