or Connect

Posts by wizard69

How would we know? I mean really if it isn't out already how would we know anything. If it is pre announced it is vapor ware.
Glaring would be the word. Without Iris Apple would give up a performance increase from the GPU of around 60%.I hate the iMac so I'm unlikely to go that route in the future. For me the Minis problem are these: the lack of a decent GPU and less than stellar performance in the up sell models. Haswell can address the GPU issue very well and performance could be addressed by upping the power capacity of the box.Yep a huge problem seeing that Haswell is such a step forward...
Iris is nothing to sneeze at. There will be little reason for people to complain about integrate graphics for mainstream use.Beyond that I had a nasty thought as I pulled up this thread. I'm thinking this will have to be turned into a "2014 Mac Mini wish list". It is hard to believe how dry the rumor mill is of late.
I've never understood this mentality of Apples either. The 13" MBP is a perfect example of a machine that could use a good enough version and a performance model. For years Apple has positioned the machine such that the uprated models delivered little in the way of real computing advantage over the entry machine. At least the try a little harder on the 15" MBP.Well we will have to wait and see on this one. Intels Iris chips have plenty of performance and sometimes...
Don't tell us, tell Apple.Actually I'm under the impression that the SSD is upgradable.This really sucks hard, using a TB cabled Ethernet adapter is just bad voodoo.Aren't the MBPs now coming with two TB2 ports? I'm on a slow connection right now so I can't look it up.Except for the Ethernet port I think your anger is highly misplaced. These are well built rugged machines that are forward looking. There is little sense in supporting legacy hardware on the machines. ...
People need to read this!This is true but Mavericks can't help the bandwidth problem.Starting with Intels Iris GPUs we should start to see some really impressive GPU compute numbers, for integrated GPUs. For some codes that shared RAM will speed things up dramatically. In fact shared RAM and GPU access to it will make practical OpenCL apps that just weren't worth the effort on systems with discrete GPUs.What all this means is developers now have compelling reasons to...
It could be for anything, that includes an AppleTV follow on that supports gaming and other features.
I wish I could agree with you, but you seem to work in the world of endless government money! In the "other" corporate world the IT department implements policy no matter what the engineers requirements are. In one case I know of the engineer/programmer knew his software down to the millisecond and ended having the have his manager go several levels up the management chain to get approval to implement the project all because the IT department refused to buy a faster...
The problem I have with this article is that they leave out an important feature of the 13" rMBP, that is the Intel GPU which is significantly better than the one in the AIRs In any event the benchmarks don't mean much if the processor core isn't locked to one clock rate. There is no telling what the actual clock rates are here.
Why wouldn't they? In general Apple has covered as many models, as many years back as is possible. It is good for Apple and good for the customers.