or Connect

Posts by wizard69

This is certainly a problem, you would think Apples strong sales would educate these people to the real market trends. The reality is not many if those large phones are actually being sold, so this isn't a pressing issue for Apple.Having said that Apples desire to have one size iPhone/iPad screen is foolish in mind. Physical size is important and frankly I'd rather see Apple shrink the iPhone a bit, ideally keeping screen size. I'd like to see the current iPhones...
Not that I'd ever buy the current iMacs but wasn't the last release fairly decent for a silent update?I actually see a retina iMac being a ways off. This mostly due to the niche the machine fills and they need for a high performance GPU.Interesting because I'm starting to believe this more and more myself. I expect that within a generation or two tablets will have displaced laptops for many users. Not everybody of course but it just makes more sense to go the desktop...
Actually they had people waiting last quarter for the iMac, the Mini, the Mac Pro, the Mac Book Pro and all the stuff that goes with them. The only people with a decent machine debut are AIR users. It is no wonder sales are down and yes I believe the general gist of things here.Why not they are huge warehouse that would take forever for stock holders to find the dumping ground.
Funny you should say that, they just got us some Lenovo laptops at work - talk about sucks!!! The track pads are crap on these machines.I don't know about Apples convertible intentions but they would be successful if they addressed the sucks issue seen in the Windows world. Personally if Apple where to offer an ARM based design I'd rather see it in the mold of an Mac Book AIR. That is a plain old laptop form factor targeting mobility. Oh it must run regular Mac OS...
You and me both. When I purchased my MBP some years ago it was because I really didn't have an option in my mind for a Midrange performance machine. Especially after fulling out the iMac. So I understand totally the frustration with Apples take it or leave it desktop lineup.With Apples blade SSDs it ought to be easy to provide access. More so why wouldn't people want a machine that keeps repair costs low.I'm hoping that means a whole system of Apple supplied TB 2...
I'd actually have to ask what in hell is up at Apple if they didn't have a complete solution to debut with the new Mac Pro. It would be a huge mistake to throw the machine on the market alone.I don't understand this one either, if the Mini doesn't get a silent update then what changed?The idea that Apple could throw a low cost board into that Mac Pro chassis is very intriguing to say the least. They might even be able to offer a server version with the single board...
Good question!First let's just all admit that Apple has limited pricing flexibility here. Due to much lower cost competition they don't have much of an upside option with pricing.I look at the original iPad as a model here. I saw that machine as a proof of concept that was vastly improved in follow on models. There wasn't a significant price shift with those improvements. Now that doesn't mean that an iPad Mini would get everything on the wish list. However...
Seriously, there are many things that could be done to improve Siri. Of course Siri on Mac OS should be at the top of the list. What Apple really needs to do is to transfer more of the voice processing and the AI to the local device. The idea being to speed up things significantly.They can, this is why I agree with you to an extent. Siri would be very nice on a Mac with a little work.
Real competition would be nice and would motivate Apple to do even better. However isn't Nokia now owned by MicroSoft?In any event the only thing that might drag me away from an iPad would be a Linux or BSD based tablet that is very open with at least some I/O on it. Oh and ideally it would be able to tap some of Apples infrastructure, for instance the calendar.You see Apples walled garden is a mixed blessing if you are a hardware hacker or experimenter. So a product...
I know there is futility in discussing a chip that doesn't even exist yet but I don't understand this anti A7X position that has cropped up in this forum. Given that the "x" variant would provide for enhanced GPU capabilities I would think that people would be all over that. The A7 GPU is a fantastic chip but it does have a regression or two, an enhanced A7X could remove those regressions completely.Actually that makes no sense in an iPad (any model), you really want...