or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I really believe that Apple built the Mini specifically to serve the needs of third party vendors. Other vendors are very big on the Mini.
I'm not him but thanks for placing me in the lofty company.The long time since the last update isn't the issue, it is the long time since Haswell debuted that is the problem.Hardware revisions that are trivial are an example of a lack of attention.I never said it was a bad machine. My point has been that it is well past time for a Haswell version and further it needs a real update to reflect modern design at Apple.
I can see Apple leaving the consumer desktop market myself. The sales figures for run of the mill desktop PCs is just terrible right now. Many retail stores don't even bother to stock desktop machines. If they do stock something it is usually so low end as to be useless. However the market for a small "desktop" machine is not zero and as such I would see leaving the market completely as a mistake.Right now one of the Mini's biggest problems is the complete lack of...
Are you for real? You have already, yourself mind you, mentioned a few real possibilities with respect to what the next ten machine will have. At this point it is complete speculation as to what the fall revs will have. I could even see a spring rev to the iPads to bring along touch sensors. It is pretty obvious that the iPads have been designed to support the touch sensor so they may simply be ramping production and will be shortly ready to bump the product.In...
This part is nonsense, they are already making use of that A7 processor! I'm not sure how all of this misinformation keeps getting repeated. Apple went to great lengths to leverage the 64 bit environment in the new machines with the A7 processor. iOS was heavily overhauled to do that.This I would agree with. It really seems like Apple doesn't grasp the opportunity they have here. A7 is already good enough for many games and app store permits them to sell a...
This is silly it serves the same functions as the other iPads. This is like asking what function does the 13" Mac Book Air serve when you have the 11" model.Where is the mass market for the 13" Mac Book Air, the Touch or any of a number of Apple products. It is all about consumer preference. Beyond that we don't know exactly what sort of display this machine actually has, if Apple put a 4K screen in the machine it would automatically have handle on a different...
Most likely true. I could see Apple changing up the feature set though.By this time I would have fully expected Apple to research, prototype and maybe even piloted hundreds of iPhone designs. They have as much as said so in that each release may have seen ten or more prototypes. This doesn't even count what hasn't been released. So unless we have inside information we can't say for sure if iPhone Mini was ever a product idea, or even if it made it to prototype...
it has been well known for years that Samsung has been researching UI's to replace the parts that seem to infringe on Apples patents. Why anybody is surprised by this remains a mystery.As for claiming first, maybe that is their goal or maybe it is just a matter of CES happening. The only real claims that are worthwhile are those that involve shipping product. Considering it will be many months before a 64 bit processor ships in this device it won't be much...
everything Samsung has done lately has been a response to Apple, how you could see otherwise is beyond me.No you don't design it in a month but do you really think that Samsung doesn't have a handle on what Apple is doing.Samsung has been working on a new UI well before this was a known product. The goal was to remove any patent related issues with the old design. So no they don't design a UI in a month, but the reality is they have been at it for years.The two are...
I believe you are wrong on both counts.A 12" iPad Pro would be a big hit if priced right. An iWatch would be a huge mistake in my mind.Why will the iWatch be a problem? I just don't see the attraction of wearing such a device if it can't completely replace the cell phone in your pocket. Looking at what is available technology wise I don't see that happening anytime soon. It might sell as a high end piece of jewelry in limited quantities but i really doubt they will...