or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Sometimes the technology is more important than the solution. This is especially the case if it is a solution that needs to be maintained for decades.
Well first; technically the machine has tow GPUs not cards.Second; The Intel GPU has access to system RAM which Mavericks dynamically allocates to the GPU. This is rather a dramatic improvement to Mac OS and should make for far more flexible performance from the integrated GPU.This is actually a good question and the right answer is yes in some cases it can be an advantage. Maybe not so much because of more RAM but less overhead getting to that RAM. Some very...
If you don't like Siri why dwell on it? i really don't understand this mentality, it is like the people that lambast Internet Explorer on Windows yet don't bother to install an alternative browser. The same thing goes for text messaging on iPhone, if you don't like it why use it.I suppose it is possible they might have something up their sleeves that would compel me to buy but I'm just being honest when I say I really doubt it. The wearing of jewelry just never...
You are a business major by your own admission, what difference will a processor make for you. I think you need to get over yourself here.So now you mention Photoshop. Any SSD Apple sells will improve load times as will having lots of RAM in the machine. The advantage Haswell has is far better OpenCL acceleration. That assumes that the functions you use have OpenCL acceleration written for them.
You got rid of basically a brand new MBP? I really don't understand why you would do something like that.This is even more perplexing, You want to replace the machine you just sold with one that will deliver the same performance more or less?I didn't even know that you can cancel Apple care. Frankly for a college student AppleCare actually makes sense, I would otherwise avoid Apple care.The 2013 models are basically bargains if you ask me, You get a lot of...
A very nice machine but I'd wait for the Haswell version to come out which is hopefully soon. Why Haswell? Well for the GPU, which is vast improvement over what is in the Mini now. Well that depends upon which chip Apple actually selects but the point remains Intel has come a very long ways with respect to GPU performance in Haswell.Most likely it will be, even this years model. However do not underestimate the importance of a good GPU, apple uses the GPU...
You are way to familiar with the pigeon hole.It does seem to suggest that. Frankly I'd like to see a iPad of around 12 to 13 inches. But before they do that they really need to bump each and every iPad with more RAM. The constant reloading of web pages is burning up a lot of my bandwidth.On a conventional laptop I don't see a big demand for Touch. It might work on a convertible but the whole point of a laptop is having that keyboard and screen being there to...
For what it does Apple TV is fine. To take it to the next level they need to support apps but that rises problem as a machine suitable for games would have enough power to displace conventional computer sales. I suspect this is why we haven't yet seen an AppleTV that supports apps. Apple may very well hold its big thumb over AppleTV to prevent expanded capabilities.All of Apples computers will eventually get there. It is a matter of having the volume to support...
Well not identical but extremely similar. Samsung has optimized for low power while IBM and GF went for performance. On top of all of that you have Apples IP, via Intrisity, in Samsungs production process. So there might be more than zero effort required here, but it is still far less than going to TSMC.
Actually the evidence points the other way. Some years ago when demand from Apple was much lower, apple was taking 80% of Samsungs capacity. They then expended the plant roughly doubling capacity but that was years ago now. today Apples demands for chips is massive, i would not be surprised at all to find out that they are bumping up avians maximum capacity again.You can't do that directly but tho isn't the big hurdle it might be going to another plant. Global is...