or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I'm not convinced one way or the other here. I'm pretty convinced that if Apple where to offer up a machine with a desktop GPU it would be in a different form factor. As for options, from Apples standpoint they already offer three options, why would they want to offer more custom cards for this machine.Even then I see little long term advantage to Apple offering a machine with a discrete GPU beyond the high performance Mac Pro. If you look at what AMD and Intel have...
Totally agree here! Comparing a MBA to a Mac Pro repair wise is asinine. Beyond that Apples laptop machines have come a very very long ways repair ability wise since my early 2008 MBP. In fact I'd say they are vastly improved repairability wise.
This statement wouldn't have been that bad until you mentioned the MBA. The MBA is exactly what you get when you engineer a compact high performance computer.Possibly but why the obsession with screws. I remember the days when people cried like little babies over Torx screws.Glue adds significant mechanical advantages.
Why costly? As an add on it doesn't cost much in an iPad. Having LTE data support built in might even have me reconsider the next iPad update.
I'm one of those people that like the AIR as a concept but have been frustrated by its limitations.LTE! Seriously it is why my iPad is always with me now.I'd rather have a bigger display.Not going to happen. Besides the GPUs in Broadwell are supposedly seeing another big jump in performance.RAM and SSD space are what have kept me from buying an AIR. 8 GB of RAM minimum and we need an affordable 512GB SSD option.We could see an era of design stagnation with respect to...
Really good question to which I do not have an answer. Well not a good answer. In my view Siri currently has one ver serious limitation, that is the required trip to Apples servers which makes it useless for free standing systems. Frankly it severely impacts the use of Siri today on your cell phone.I strongly believe that for AI to work well it really has to become either part of the operating system or actually replace the operating system. Right now it looks like...
Big Handbrake fan here. The one reason why I need to think about getting a big file server.As for VLC it is one of those apps that you need to hate but at the same time have to have around just in case. By the way guys, yes the interface sucks but there are far worst bits of software out there.
Lets narrow that down a bit and say AI is the next step forward. AI that is built right not Apples devices and continues to evolve over time. Once you have credible AI much can fall into place afterward. Robotics is just one thing that AI enables. After all dumb robots have been working in industry for years, what is needed is the intelligence to set them free. Well that and a lot of research into mechanical and electrical systems.You look at the common R2D2...
So true but that is what makes this thread both interesting and in a way hopeless. Look at it this way whatever Apple comes out with next year will have been in development for years now. That includes both hardware and software.Many people on these forums have no idea what goes into the build of a new product or even a new feature in an existing product. One can not snap ones fingers and expect an instant solution. To do something ground breaking takes time and...
Maybe the lowest end model but better and best suck right now. You spend a lot of money to get very little in real world performance, no Haswell GPU and frankly the machine needs TB2 to better leverage the platform for some of the things it does well. Here I'm thinking server duty which one model supposedly supports.It really is a matter of perspective, Haswell does almost nothing for the CPU but that really isn't important to many of us. If Haswell was in a Mini...