or Connect

Posts by wizard69

True but the AIR really gives me a lot of hope here. This machine has morphed into an exceedingly good value and has the sales result to go with it. So i don' think it is impossible for Apple to adjust the pricing structure on the Mac Pro to make it a far better value than the old design was. I suspect this was one of the goals for the radical redesign of the machine, that is to be able to market high performance at an aggressive price point for a workstation.That...
I don't know if calling it a Mac Pro makes sense but people do want a reasonably priced desktop performance machine. At the entry point Mac Pros have traditionally been horrible values. This is what Apple should strive to address. Frankly it is the only way I see Apple getting enough volume to justify the Mac Pro line.The only good thing here is that I see this chassis allowing Apple to restructure the Mac Pro line and associate price points to make the hardware...
Hopefully iPad autocorrect won't turn this into something no one can understand!😉😉I'm not sure why people see the 13" MBP as being in the same category as the AIR. I see them as two entirely different machines. On The other hand the current AiRs are such a step forward that all the MBP's are in need of substantial updates. That simply to put a solid performance delta back in place.For people that don't need a MBP right this very minute, waiting for the new models is...
Intel has a bunch of chips due for September. Rise wondering where the new Macs are inky need to look at what is publicly known about Intels plans.I thought that was Acer. Doesn't matter though, these people don't sell systems like Apple. I'm convinced that Apple has already gotten just about everything they wanted out of TB as it is a near perfect docking solution for laptops.It isn't a question of "high-end" but rather the ablity to grok a system. Think about it...
Sometimes I wish I could take a leadership role at MS to develop a product derived from my vision of what is needed. I look at the energy wasted to produce surface, basically a piece of crap and have to think I could have done better probably with a smaller staff than MS employees. Mind you I have no experience developing hardware or software at this scale but I'm certain I could be giving Apple at least a little competition. Further i would not have released a...
You hit on some key points.That could also apply to many businesses and non consumer users. Many have been brainwashed into believing they need Word or Excel for their business needs, many do of course but often there are better ways to attack today's business needs.As for consumers there use to be this mind set that they needed the same tools at home as they have at work. Even here people are learning to do better.Marketing based on past success is always risky. This...
I actually see this as a good sign. The idea is that this is a non trivial update.
Maybe just maybe developers should realize what takes place when a web site goes through a major overhaul. It is one thing for Joe Blow not to understand the technology but developers really have no excuse and should be able to give Apple a reasonable allotment of time here.
Doesn't work from iPad. Sad really that Apple can't work out running the iCloud web site on iPad.
Again I really do wish you would explain your problem here.The problem isn't that external monitors don't work, it is rather that you would have to be an idiot to hook one up to an iMac to use in place of the internal monitor.Again I really wish you would explain your problem here. The problem with hooking up any of those monitors is that you still have the massive iMac to deal with. I'm beginning to think your problem is you can't think past common desktop usage.This...