or Connect

Posts by Nightcrawler

I think the 499$-macmini is really not recommendable, but can still have its use where just email and surfing and basic office-work is required. In that scenario even the 4 GB RAM will be sufficient.   But for anyone wanting to do some more with the macmini, 8GB RAM (and really for most uses 8 GB is more than enough) would be needed, and for the upgrade-price Apple asks, it would be best to just go for the middle-version and get the faster CPU and graphics as a...
  You are right, playback of highresolution videos can be jerky on the 2009-mac-mini especially when driving big screens, but I don't use it for playback, just for editing and rendering 1080p-videos. The question I have is which mac mini would be overall faster: The new 2014-middle-macmini with its dual core 2,6 Ghz i5 or the 2012 quadcore i7 macmini?
 Why would you do that?  1. If you want to upgrade RAM you would have to pay Apple's bto-price as it is non-user-upgradeable.2. With the lowend mac mini you not only get a slower CPU, half the RAM but also a slower graphic-on-board-unit. So given that I would strongly suggest to go for the middle-level-version. Unless you want to use it for a purpose where 4 GB RAM, the slower HD-5000 graphic chip and 1,4 GHz are enough and not likely to change in the mid-term-future. Then...
 I think the question is one of time and resolution: 4k-editing and rendering definitely need more power and memory to get the job done in a specific time-frame. But if you are doing 1080p which I do, and don't have deadlines where you need to complete multiple videos as quickly as possible, even a 2009-macmini with 8 GB RAM will do fine. But if you are in a competitive market and need to be quick to produce as many videos as possible in the shortest time, then I would...
 Why?I'm doing professional-level video-editing on my late-2009-mac mini which only has an intel core duo at 2,26 GHz and 8 GB RAM using Final Cut Pro X. And it works and quietly too. So I think with a 2014 macmini with i5 at 2,6 GHz it would work even better. The question I have: Is the 2014 macmini-2,6 GHz-i5 considerably faster than my late 2009-macmini?The other question is how much faster if at all is the 2012-quadcore-i7-macmini when used for HD-video-editing with...
I have a 2009 mac mini with 2,26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and a Nvidia Geforce 9400 256 MB graphiccard and 8 GB RAM.   Will the new middle-version of the mini be considerably faster?   The entry-version with 1,4 Ghz and 4 GB non-upgradeable RAM is really not an option for anyone.   Interesting is also is that the firewire port is gone, so one needs to buy a thunderbolt-to-firewire-adapter as well if one uses a firewire-hd like I do.
 How do you know that?! I'm starting to get paranoid here.
The mac mini is imho the best mac Apple has ever created: Small, affordable, quiet, elegant, you can use the monitor you want, and yet powerful enough for most hobby-applications or small-office-stuff.   I'm very glad that it will get a refreshment.
First, I feel great that Apple offers the update for free. I went from Snow Leopard directly to Mavericks so I actually got three updates in one and that for free, which is awesome.   5 GB download and installation went problem free and seamless on my Mac mini late 2009.   The few obvious changes I noticed:   1. Booting up seems to take a little longer than before, but I can live with that. 2. Using the activity-measuring tool it seems like more RAM is used than...
  The 1925 protocol like all of these protocols was clearly meant for relations between states and not for internal conflicts. For these interstate relations all the countries signed the treaty and Syria as well. The other interesting thing regarding that protocol it was meant to only be bounding against states that also ratified the protocol.  Of course because times change as well as necessities, politics, societies, it's understandable and even necessary to reinterpret...