or Connect

Posts by Nightcrawler

Obama has caved in again, this time to Israel: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11943599 I hope the palestinians react accordingly and give up the idea of a two-state-solution and independence and instead seek full equal rights within Israel.
Of course obese people use more energy but because they die earlier in the end it balances all out.
Britain's police arrested Assange today based on an european arrest warrant issued by the swedish authorities. It's interesting to see how all the machinations work to stop wikileaks, how bank-accounts get frozen, creditcard-companies stop transferring money, internet-providers refuse to host sites... usually measures taken against terror-organizations. So, obviously Assange and his wikileak-campaign have been declared to be a terroristic threat. People have warned that...
I likewise don't think that it is a big propaganda-fabrication, not because it wouldn't be possible, but because of seeing no reason for doing this as it would have no advantage for the US. I think it's the natural consequence of the new communication-technologies and probably a watershed-moment that will be remembered in decades to come. Should we call it wikileak-gate? This is a diplomatic a-bomb that pulls the curtain away and shows us what we already suspected was...
No, the US-forces bombed the Alqaeeda-bases in Yemen, but because Yemen's government can't officially allow the US to do so, it decided to publically state that the bombing was done by the yemeni-forces. There are other interesting things concerning Turkey: Apparantely according to these leaks the US is supporting the terror-organization PKK, while Turkey was helping Al-Qaeeda in Iraq.
People are talking a lot about the new ipad-software coming to MacOSX and the app-store... but MacOSX has still some issues I would like to see adressed, too: 1. Full NTFS-support, reading and writing. I have big external harddisks and currently I have them HFS+-formatted (non-journaled), but I would like to format one of them in NTFS for compatibility with the windows-world or a partition here and there. Sure Fat 32 is there but the 4GB-per-file-limit is too...
This latest Wikileak-thing is even more revealing than the previous instances. This is priceless, we get to read real insider-stuff! Four among many interesting things: 1. Saudi Arabia's king urged the US to destroy Iran's nuclear plants! 2. Yemen's government assured the US to say the bombing of the Al-qaeeda-bases in Yemen were done by Yemen's forces! That means obviously the US is not only bombing in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia but also in Yemen! 3....
But can the islamic world say the same about the western world's military and economic actions in the islamic world given that the western world's governments were elected democratically to represent its people?
I'm actually not interested in distinguishing miracles, but if you were so inclined, you could distinguish between three forms of miracles:1. The miracles that happen every second, how the universe works, all of it. Usually people don't view these as miracles because they happen so regularly.2. The miracles that happen not so often but are explicable with miracles that happen every second when combined or when it comes together conveniently. These are usually miracles that...
I happen to believe that everything is a miracle, even the wind blowing or rain or sun shining... of course God could have parted the sea without a wind, but obviously God likes to make miracles using other miracles (wind) or why do you think Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed through meteors or Noah's people were drowned after 40 days of rain.These are all miracles using other miracles and the additional miracle is that Lot, Noah and Moses were told beforehand of the...