or Connect

Posts by Nightcrawler

Witchcraft is not only existing in celtic religion it is present in many more cultures and religions and in some witchcraft could indeed be combined with satanism.
Scientists found out with computer-simulation that the parting of the sea just like it was described in the Bible and Quran were possible with a strong east-wind: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11383620
Are there no legal means to prevent the burning of Korans? That is such a provocative act... and the justification for it giving by that pastor to give a message to radical Islam is rediculous... radical islamists, although also offended, rub their hands in gleeful anticipation knowing fully well that it will be an unbelievable big PR-win for them, a present, granting them numerous new recruits and sympathisers... while seriously pushing away moderate muslims.
Ah, ok, my mistake, I obviously underestimated the entertainment-value of all this. Well then here is some new tidbit to lead entertaining discussions about: Darwin had a secret garden, New Eden, an artificial ecosystem developed on a volcanic created island:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11137903 Darwin and friends were able to develop an articifical ecosystem within years, decades and centuries that would have taken millions of years in a natural...
Since when can majorities decide what minorities can do or not?There are inalienable rights guaranteed by the US-constitution, free speech, property-rights and freedom of religion are part of it, if you want to sacrifice these because you think that the majority thinks something is insensitiv (by the way the majority are bigots) you might as well throw away the constitution.By the way why are churches allowed near schools and kindergardens? I heard some priests engaged in...
Do you even read and understand what you're posting? Sometimes one loses all hope in americans' intelligence and education. The science-blog criticises the sensational reporting of BBC that gives the impression that Darwin was debunked as well as the idea that something new was found out.Instead it claims the shifting from "survival of the fittest" to "new living space" is an idea already known for years and this new study merely is the first to demonstrate this...
No, I didn't state that the theory of evolution was debunked, I merely thought that the concept of "survival of the fittest" was debunked in favour of an evolution triggered by new living spaces.. Now we know at least that both "survival of the fittest" and "the idea of new living space" were pretty much part of Darwin's theory, but that before the first trigger was seen as being the more important aspect while this new study claims that the latter aspect is more...
Sadly this thread turned out very predictable, religious nutjobs mocking science, atheistic nutjobs mocking religion, you are all idiots. Nightcrawler
Dinosaurs? Maybe they are mentioned in genesis under the term beasts? @KingOfSomewhereHot: Think about the most basic element in the universe, the smallest thing, like for example the electron or a quark or even smaller things. Science tells us that they exist and how they behave, the laws of their behaviour, but it doesn't tell us why they exist and why they behave that way, and this goes on for ever more complex systems up to life-forms.. it could well be that God is...
Actually we don't know that much about the universe yet, 90% of the universe is now supposed to consist of dark matter, ie. matter we still don't know anything about and can't register. By the way just lately the astronomers found a strange phenomena that couldn't be explained by the relativity theory, a dying star that should have become a black hole didn't. Science is always interesting the most when things are unexplicable yet, a few years/decades back we thought...