or Connect

Posts by Nightcrawler

1. Stopping terrorism won't help the palestinians achieve their political goals. The problem is that Israel's government and parts of Israel's society can't accept a palestinian state in all of the Westbank and Gaza with East-Jerusalem as capital. It’s a deeply-rooted zionistic dream of a bigger Israel that prevents a two-state-solution.   2. Who said that war is terrorism? I said that the difference between terrorism and other instances where civilians get killed is...
  I was not making any value-statements about the two sides of the conflict, I was just suggesting to be precise with the terms used:   Terrorism is not only about killing civilians, cause that happens in assassinations, murder, warfare... as well.   Spreading fear for the purpose of achieving a political change is the main-element of terrorism. The reason is mostly that through projecting fear a conflict-participant can have much greater effect than his military...
Science and religion...   I'm not sure that religion is dealing with science at all, mostly it's about spiritual guidance, general purpose of life, origin, destination and moral laws...   Science on the other hand can't tell us anything about origins, it can only tell us about how things work within the already existent universe. The reason is that science needs reproduceable phenomena to verify or falsify emprically theories that are able to predict...
If Israel wanted to target innocent civilians they could use all their weaponry and kill all palestinians, it's technically possible for Israel to commit a genocide. They don't do it because doing so would destroy Israel from within as the israelis themselves couldn't live with doing such a heinous crime.   Like already said using terrorism is not necessary for Israel, using normal warfare and occupational oppression they have enough means to achieve their military...
  It's important to be precise. The murder of iranian scientists is not terrorism, it's ordinary assassination.   The difference is that terrorism isn't specific regarding its victims, the sole purpose is to cause an effect of fear for the purpose of achieving a political change.   Killing the iranian scientists is a very specific assassination-campaign with the purpose of slowing down the development of the iranian nuclear program.   Like already said, Israel as a...
  Ah, sorry, never heard of such a sect. I thought you meant she was a real scientist with a christian faith.   I just read on wikipedia what this sect is about. Apparantely they believe that they can gain similar wonder-healing-capability as Jesus performed through faith and praying. But Jesus was a messenger of God with the holy spirit which enabled his wonderous healings. To expect normal human beings to gain that capability is quite strange. And even stranger is that...
The Boston Tea party act is imho definitely not terrorism, it was imho an act of rebellion.   That the rebels masquaraded as indians is though psychologically interesting. Maybe they saw indians as a symbol for uncompromised freedom or being disobedient and rebellious made them psychologically uneasy and the masquerading helped them overcome these inhibitions.
Huh? What does her christian faith have to do with her death?
Terrorism is a sub-element of a guerillia-tactic, that is being usually used by groups that are weaker and much less ressourced/equipped than the opponent. Israel's army is well-equipped and ressourced and has therefore no need to resort to terrorism or other guerillia-tactics.Terrorism is a tactic to use fear to try to achieve a political goal, for which the group/people doesn't have the military power to achieve in a conventional manner. Israel on the other hand as a...
Actually they do, there are some militant jewish settler movements and groups that engage in terrorism against palestinians. It's less than among the palestinians but that is only natural as the palestinians don't have a regular army to serve their needs of national security. If the israelis were stripped of their army, the jewish militant groups would naturally grow and be more active.Before Israel's foundation there were some major groups that engaged in terrorism...