or Connect

Posts by Nightcrawler

Care to elaborate? What makes you think that?
This sounds similar to the racism against the blacks in the United States after slavery was abolished but before the civil rights movement was successful in the sixties.
I must say, from all the macs I had, and I had a handful of them, starting with the all-in-one-performa, this mac-mini I like the most (it's the one with a superdrive and nvidia-graphiccard):   It's small, quiet and simply works like a charm every day. Mac-OS-X-Snow-Leopard on one partition, Windows XP on the other thanks to Bootcamp.   If there was something that I wished were different it would be these things:   1. It should be easier to open the machine...
  Not at all, the reason for the Arab spring is four-fold:   1. Demographics: Lots of young people, but not so many jobs. 2. Education: Lots of educated young people, that can actually read, write and calculate. 3. Technology/information/communication: New forms of media through the use of internet and all it offers allowed the youth to form new communities in the internet, sharing uncencosered information. And last but not least: 4. The US made a change in its...
McCarthyism and genocidal war are not as outfashioned as most thought.    Wired.com broke the news that the US-military is teaching its top cadres that Islam is the enemy and total war necessary:   http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/05/total-war-islam/?pid=1196   FBI-teachings are following similar...
Iran's ambition is understandable, with Pakistan, India and Israel having nukes, and with the US-nukes in Turkey and US-military-bases all around.I guess what Iran wants is to create a sort of ambiguity, like Israel did, where it's not clear if they have nukes or not. To achieve that they want to master all the nuclear technology, so that even if they don't build the nukes, they could quickly and easily if the situation requires it. That's why the enrichment is so...
I don't get the argument that the US should withdraw from Afghanistan because it costs the US-economy too much. Why? Isn't the occupation of Afghanistan eventually paying off in the longterm strategically and economically? As far as I remember the occupation of Afghanistan was important in order to create an oil-gas-pipeline through it for the ressources in the Kaspic sea, in order to be independent from Russia and Iran, wasn't it? Getting rid of the Taliban, helping...
I can understand the argument that Osama had to be shot dead because the Navy Seals thought he was about to trigger an explosion that would bring down the whole building. If it were true that that was the fear. But I doubt it because according to accounts two helicopters landed and the one(!) guy with a gun engaged in a firefight with the navy-seals outside of Osama's (bed?)room. Let's just imagine there were a button to ignite the booby-trapped building would Osama...
Osama wasn't armed... but he resisted... a 54 year old man against a commando of navy seals... so he had to be shot... Makes sense... And what about the US-forces entering the territory of a souvereign nation without asking for permission?
Wrong, it was a humiliating act to bury him at sea and it was against islamic tradition. Only if the muslim died at sea and can't reach land before decay it is religiously allowed to bury him at sea, otherwise burial at land is the rule. As to the argument that no country would have taken his body in, I highly doubt that. It was a despicable act to just kill him, all this preparation of finding him after 10 years and they just shoot him instead of capturing him and bring...