or Connect

Posts by Nightcrawler

Was really looking forward to the new MacMinis, but this removal of a discrete dedicated GPU is a real downer. As can be seen in comparisons the new HD4000 offers in games nearly only half the fps the GPU could achieve in the former mac-mini.   That is inexcusable, and it means that the new Macmini is only interesting for people that don't want to game on it.
A few centuries (millenia) back we as humans were organized in patriarchaic clans. We changed from nomadic hunters to farmers and settled down. The discovery of fire allowed for a different sort of living, we started to cook, to forge weapons, to build villages and cities.   The invention of writing allowed us to preserve and teach knowledge beyond the local oral traditions.   Eventually this made it possible to create states and nations where the members having...
I'm pretty shocked to say the least. The problem with this is that admissions usually only come late or when some of the operatives were caught in falgranti. That means there is a lot that happens and is not known yet or will never be known.    Maybe in sixty years or later we will get to know that 9/11 was a false-flag-attack to prepare the US-public and the world for a new international US-agenda. 
I don't get these strange discussion about facts between left and right. Government spending is a monetary thing with numbers for everything. There should be exact facts somewhere detailing exactly how much money was spend by what administration and what percentage of the GDP these are.   Facts that can't be accused of being manipulated by the left or the right. So bring them up and decide this once and for all.
I agree with you that the peak-oil-scenarios are outdated and often exaggerated to serve a certain politics. And I also agree with you on the warming-earth-topic: The warming caused by us humans is negligible to the warming caused through the earth's natural warming-cycle. And I also don't think that a warming earth is a bad thing per se. After all more warming can create new possibilities for plant-life in previously not so nice areas of the earth.   There's no...
  Indeed, spring means a blossoming, an improvement, more life... compared to the winter. In the case of the arab world, the winter means the five-six decades of US-supported dictatorships that used oppression, torture.. to keep its populations under control while the dictators and their family and a few lackeys were happy to collect and keep unbelievable amounts of richdoms while they deliberately created a society where corruption is abundant and development got...
  That's easy: Workers should be deterred from leaving their workplace before their 16-hour-shift is over.   And they should be deterred from stealing and selling some of the products they build there, as their income of 0.5 $ per hour might inspire them to do so.
  Malaysia's discrimination is not racism, it is a sort of affirmative action that was envisioned by the late british colonists, before they let Malaysia into independence, to help the natives and Malays to develop better so that they would eventually be equally capable as the indian and chinese communities that came later but were far more developed:   [Quote] At the time of Malaya's independence from the British in 1957, the population included many first or...
Care to elaborate? What makes you think that?
This sounds similar to the racism against the blacks in the United States after slavery was abolished but before the civil rights movement was successful in the sixties.