or Connect

Posts by Nightcrawler

I don't think that Islam is compatible with democracy in the sense of the people being the souvereign. Sure in early Islam the leader was elected, but electing the leader is not the only element of democracy. Democracy means that the people are the souvereign, that form laws. But what then about all the religious laws that God formed as the souvereign? This is no different from christianity or judaism when put into the political sphere, they are incompatible to democracy...
I think governments and social codes are necessary for a society otherwise anarchy breaks out. The question how governments and social codes are organized is open to discussion since neither the quran nor the sunna defined a specific form. But regardless of how it is organized or formed, the resulting society should mirror the values and spirit of the quranic revelation.As long as it doesn't involve to defy God's direct commandments, I'm fine with it. But I guess it...
In the quran there is a verse telling a portion of people to study the Quran in order to warn the people better of the evil and its various manifestations. That was the basis for the clerics in Islam. In sunni-islam the clerics are merely advisers while in shia-islam they also have direct political might. I guess it's like with every other profession, it's good to have some people who do it professionally and invest the time and ressources that ordinary people can't...
Maybe, who knows, but if there comes a new revelation or other endtimes-things, we will see it. Until then what's wrong in trying to follow the current revelation we have now?
Yes, a lot of current rulings in this regard were done unfairly and without the right requirements.Of course some are false or weak, but there are also some valid ones.The real question is why should this ruling be ignored, just because the western world has no rulings regarding adultery, anymore? Is it again a question of imitation, assimilation? There is a death-punishment for murder and adultery for married people, one can discuss how the death-punishment be executed,...
We as muslims should become selfaware, selfconscious and confident enough to develop ourselves without giving in to western assimilation and to think "these islamic rulings might let us look backward to the west"... I think headscarfes are a quranic ruling and contemplated by hadiths, the question if that islamic ruling can be abrogated for our times can be discussed, but it should be within our islamic communities and for their good and not to please western audiences and...
Indeed, four witnesses are necessary or the ones committing it confess it four times.Here are some referenced: http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...m/017.smt.htmlThe application of the stoning-ruling is certainly not fair or correct in saudi Arabia, pakistan and iran... stonings are done where lashings would have been the right decision, and sometimes the four witnesses nor the four confessions are there and sometimes only the woman gets punished... That's hardly a...
Stoning people is not a quranic ruling, in the quran the punishment for adultery is lashings for both, male and female. In hadiths though the prophet Muhammad ordered both punishments, lashings in cases where the adulterers were not married yet, and stoning when the respective adulterer was married. Regardless of what punishment, it was always the way to punish both adulterers, and not only the woman. In the case of a married man for example adultering with an unmarried...
If the motive is assimilation to the western world, then it's not a good thing. If the motive were a genuine interest in updating knowledge I don't see a problem, but in this case of headcovering there is no motive besides the assimilation-pressure.
Still don't get what corner they supposedly have painted themselves into? Do you want to say that because back then there were not detailed rulings regarding marriage, we should therefore also do without these rulings? Rulings can change in time, back then incest-relations were tolerated and encouraged and given the absence of options understandably but that does not mean that we should act the same today, the commandments since Moses are legitimate despite different...