or Connect

Posts by Nightcrawler

This is an interesting book, thanks for posting it, but this part is espescially interesting:Hasn't a military coup just get rid of Mubarak? It will be interesting to see if what is warned against here will occur in Egypt.Another interesting aspect is that the Muslim Brotherhood came to the same conclusion as this author but long before him, namely that violent means are futile against a powerful dictatorship and therefore they did nearly the same as described in this...
Congratulation to Egypt's people, who would have thought that Mubarak would stand down today? I for sure didn't. But I'm happy about it, eventhough I know the US (thanks to Bush democracy-initiative) was involved in planning and organising the democratic revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt. Regardless of the US-involvement, without the local people interested to achieve freedom and to fight and die for it, it wouldn't have worked. So I applaud it and hope that the...
I think you didn't get the latest wikileak-memo, the demonstrations in the arabic world were planned with the help of the US during the Bush-administration. It was part of Bush's vision to bring democracy to the arabic world. In Iraq it happened militarily, and for Tunisia and Egypt it was done by supporting the youth-movements. Rice even held a speech right in front of the arabic dictators and told them right in the face that the US changed its policy and wouldn't...
Sorry, I don't believe at all in astrology, including astrotheology, you have to discuss it with someone who has a hint of interest in it.No, if you reread my posting you will see I didn't claim that jesus message was in any way original, eventhough the word "original" was used. You asked where the original teaching of Jesus was, and I took in the sense of "his first unchanged message", since segovious seemed to hint at some hidden message. I merely stated that his message...
The quran describes iblis as the enemy of humanity, as the one that whoever follows his seductions and dies that way without repenting and returning to God's path will enter hell with the devil. In the quran the act of not bowing to Adam was not described as being one done in love for God but done in jealousy of seeing God describing humans as more precious than his kind. Jealousy and pride which then led to rebellion were revealed by God's commandment to bow down before...
Again this solar-moonbat-stuff...Prophethood is no contest for originality, most prophets came with similar messages, the point of the prophet was always to bring these messages in times when they were forgotten or ignored or corrupted or whatever. For example the jewish world back then when Jesus brought his message was partly (the sadducees) denying the existence of an afterlife while the other part (the pharisees) were hypocritically instrumentalising the religious...
What original teachings? Aren't they in the gospels for everyone to read? Believe in God and afterlife, ressurection, judgement day... do good, charity, help, love the next like yourself, heal, work good... respect the 10 commandments, don't murder, don't steal, don't commit adultery... and don't worship any gods beside God, and if you sin, regret it, try honestly not to do it again and ask God to forgive you.
I don't think that Islam is compatible with democracy in the sense of the people being the souvereign. Sure in early Islam the leader was elected, but electing the leader is not the only element of democracy. Democracy means that the people are the souvereign, that form laws. But what then about all the religious laws that God formed as the souvereign? This is no different from christianity or judaism when put into the political sphere, they are incompatible to democracy...
I think governments and social codes are necessary for a society otherwise anarchy breaks out. The question how governments and social codes are organized is open to discussion since neither the quran nor the sunna defined a specific form. But regardless of how it is organized or formed, the resulting society should mirror the values and spirit of the quranic revelation.As long as it doesn't involve to defy God's direct commandments, I'm fine with it. But I guess it...
In the quran there is a verse telling a portion of people to study the Quran in order to warn the people better of the evil and its various manifestations. That was the basis for the clerics in Islam. In sunni-islam the clerics are merely advisers while in shia-islam they also have direct political might. I guess it's like with every other profession, it's good to have some people who do it professionally and invest the time and ressources that ordinary people can't...