or Connect

Posts by Swift

$1B in revenue on those puppies. So, there's something there.    Think Jony Ive will put out his own? I do.
Looks pretty clear to me that Eddy was overworked. When Apple started the online store, it was Cue. They added iTunes, it was Cue. They got into network problems with mac.com, call in Cue. The guy was overworked. The music business is only the beginning. Apple will start a Network. that delivers -- effectively -- millions of channels, free, advertising-based, or pay subscriptions -- and you search for and choose a bunch of things you want to see. Pass it on. :...
It's nots as central a bet as NeXT. If OS X hadn't worked out, with the engineers who came along in the deal, then it was D.O.A. If the Jonny Ive-designed next round of Beats is a bust, oh, too bad.    I think the unspoken during most of this is not the headliners, but the other staff that may have come with it. 
Well, you know, if they had released the Google phone before Apple's, it would have just been another crummy Blackberry. That's what they copied first. Then the stopped and thought about what to do next. Why not something that looks like an iPhone?
The judge was not happy, and one of the lawyers may suffer for it.    If you look at the "evidence" proffered, it's a really stupid thing. The phone they complain about was announced after the iPhone. If you look at the F700, it doesn't look like anything but a late dumbphone. Apple could have copied it FOREVER, and still not come up with the iPhone.    This is not a patent case. This is a trademark and trade dress case.   To me, it's absolutely clear that...
Post-market research could yield concrete information: do people like this button here? Would they like another button? And so on and on.
  Um, tell me, did Google patent it? Copyright it? Bet you they didn't.
Google has done it forever. They scanned all those books without lifting a hand to see what the copyright situation was. They found it bo-ring. To be on a Google database should be an honor!   Google Music is only a place to store your own. The Google TV never spent a second worrying about rights. They just wanted to play the movies wherever they were, no credit. No opportunity to buy or rent.    They are defective and psychopathic about intellectual property,...
Oh, I think it's going to be a very bad launch. The Pro pad won't sell. The Windows RT pad will, but people will be mystified. And nobody will get the desktop OS. Windows 7: good. Windows 8: not good. Windows 9, apparently, will be all right.   Seriously, there's a lot of good work here, but there are too many options here. This AND that. A tablet-y desktop? Probably won't score with Windows people. The ability to run Windows apps on a tablet, they will find, is not...
Yeah, sure. Microsoft is Just Like Apple, with Ballmer in the part of Steve Jobs. I'm gonna barf.