or Connect

Posts by Swift

Important though, in that they stay in the Republican party for garnish. 
Oh, uh, yes, it was. The Senators who held it up were all from where geographic region?    And what happened to the Sold Democrats South after the civil rights act was signed?    And there's still the Solid South, but which party do they belong to?    I myself am an unreconstructed Whig. 
How about Apple helping to build public wi-fi? Lobbying for fiber optics to the house? Gigabit internet? Something that benefits users, and the public in general. Carl Icahn is old and he has more money than any human needs. The hell with him.
Made to favor banks and finance. 
Good idea. Apple can spare it. It now has $178 billion in reserves.
Always, the accusation of "comprehensive spying," which is impossible, and we must not be in perpetual surveillance, first amendment and such-- but then the "whistleblower" reports vital spying on other people as well. We should give up spying, it seems to people like Snowden. I think he's likely a well-intentioned useful fool. 
Well, support for the Russian takeover of  Ukraine fell from 73% to 24%, or thereabouts.    None of these dire things need happen. All he has to do is back off Ukraine, which is an independent country and has the right to govern itself as it sees fit.    Once the sanctions are relaxed, the Russian economy rebounds and the currency goes back to normal. 
It is torture. We defined it that way in an International Treaty, which was passed by the US Senate and signed by President Reagan. Yes. Reagan.    Guess he wasn't conservative enough for you. 
Congratulations on the waterboarding and sleep deprivation of prisoners!    You agree with Comrade Stalin!    What's that crazy civil liberties stuff all about, anyway?   After all, very few people got into East Germany! Many of them were killed while attempting to cross!
All because the head of REAL thought he could make a deal with Apple over sharing DRM. Apple wanted to get out of DRM in music altogether. There was no deal to offer. But real went ahead anyway. Anything to get into those iPods of the mid-oughties.