or Connect

Posts by blackbook

You people that equate the 5C to last years 4S are laughable. Did the 4S last year have a 30 minute introduction at the iPhone 5 special event? Did the 4S receive hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising globally? That's why there weren't reports of 4S sitting on shelves. Actually 4Ss weren't even discounted below $99 until this year. The 5C has been on the clearance rack since launch seemingly. You don't know 5C sales either, but anecdotally there are reports from...
 It does not have a faster processor than the 5. In some benchmarks it rates slower? Better facetime camera yes and that's it The iPhone 5 has iOS 7 as well Yes $100 less than the state of the art 5S, but the same price as remaining iPhone 5s on carriers which is a far classier phone. The problem is Apple made a cheaper looking phone and cheaper feeling phone, and priced it too high.   You have no more information than I do. How can you say the 5C is a sales success?   I...
You are simply making things up.Brilliant strategy?Why would Apple not want the 5C to sell well? They've poured hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising into the 5C and they've produced millions of units that they probably expected to sell.Your statements can't be validated because of those two massive facts.Apple's margins on the 5C and 5S seem to be the same percentage-wise so the motion that the 5C's sole job is to sell more 5Ss seems to be a pretty big stretch to...
This article was a lot of hot air. Why did the author feel the need to compare the 5C to the surface? Completely different devices.There's no information to prove the 5C is a commercial success. I wouldn't necessarily call it a failure but the cut in orders for the device speaks volumes about its "success". Sales of 5C are obviously below Apple's expectations.We don't know if that's true.Honestly it looks like the opposite to me. Since Apple produced a ton of 5Cs and has...
 It's amazing that the iPhone got a small launch on their campus while the iPad gets the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco. Certainly a sign of the times at Apple (although the iPhone still greatly dwarfs the iPad in profits for Apple).
It didn't sound like the WSJ was back pedaling to me. It was still a very negative article with an obvious anti Apple slant. I said this in the other thread but it's rather apparent to me that the 5C is selling below expectations. Retailers have been overstocked with the device since launch which means Apple probably anticipated higher demand for the 5C. Add in the fact that Apple has launched a massive global advertising campaign for the 5C and it can barely muster a...
So much comedy in this thread! I'm kinda sad the mods cleaned dillio's posts out. Anyway isn't it obvious by how many unsold 5Cs are at retailers that 5C sales are running below Apple and retailers expectations? The positive thing is the 5S is seemingly picking up the sales slack but Apple obviously anticipated far higher sales or else they wouldn't have produced so many 5Cs to begin with.
I've seen a few 5Cs in the wild now. A friend of a friend bought a blue model. I was looking at it yesterday and I really can't bring myself to like it. It looks and feels cheap, considering nowadays you can get an HTC One for the same price as the 5C.
So Apple rented out Yerba Buena to unveil.... Smart Covers!
 I meant 2272x1280 essentially doubling the iPhone 5's current resolution. It appears the 5S already has 40hr battery life for audio. I expect an incremental battery life increase with the new phone maybe about 20%? I think we may see an iWallet that will combine iBeacons, TouchID, and Passbook into a full fledged payment system. I expect that to be the next "big thing" in iOS 8 hence why it would also be a major feature of the next iPhone. Quad-core obviously isn't...