or Connect

Posts by blackbook

It's what they did with the iPod Touch line earlier this year. They brought out a more expensive 32GB Colorful iPod Touch last year. Kept the old model around to cover the low end. Then in Spring canned the old model and brought out a 16GB version of the new model in the same price slot the old one occupied. This strategy would partially explain why Apple decided to keep the 4S and price the 5C higher than expected.  Apple will be able to assure high profits over the...
 People said the same about iPads before they came out. Don't underestimate Apple.
    Apple won't cut prices. They will likely add a 8GB option after the holiday season, to keep sales of the 5C up and faze out the 8GB iPhone 4S. Kuo, of whom was right on most of the details on the iPhone launch said that the 4S would only be manufactured till the end of the year. An 8GB 5C would make sense in addition to new colors for the Spring time. That'll breathe new life into iPhone sales during the typical slump.
iWatch
Congratulations to Apple. They've done a bang up job and have simply silenced all of their critics with these sales numbers. Simply amazing and almost unbelievable 12 million next year then?
Nope.If a bigger screen came out in 6 months there would be riots in the streets from the 10s of millions of 5S buyers. There's a reason Apple goes on a yearly update cycle.The predictability encourages people to buy new Apple products at launch especially iPhone.Yes the iPad 4 fiasco happened last year but that was at least the same form factor.The most we're getting from iPhone in 6 months would be new 5C colors or a lower 5C model (possibly an 8GB option).
 I'm hoping that's not it.
 At least from what I've heard from Apple store employees and read online, the 5S seems to have had higher demand and higher sales this weekend than the 5C. But if these Walmart stories are true, the 2 phones could have a more even split than we're thinking. Also depends on what the international picture looks like. I think the 5S sold better overseas which would push it's sales total higher than the 5C.
 Another benefit to plastic, is it's easy to mold into different shapes and sizes. Apple could easily unveil an all "new" C form factor next year as a companion to the iPhone 6.
 I went back to my local Apple store again today. 5S are all sold out, and 5Cs were selling out one by one. Today there were crowds around the 5Cs and people of all ages purchasing them. I decided to look at them again, and I will say they are nice. I still prefer the look and feel of my 3GS over the 5C, but when the 5C has a color matched dynamic wallpaper it looks really good. The wallpaper makes a huge visual difference and impact with the 5C, and I like the black glass...