or Connect

Posts by blackbook

After my white 4S I'm upgrading to a Space Gray 5S as well!
 And when was Apple Motorola or Nokia...
 This whole 5C fiasco makes Apple look bad. Question to everyone: Would Steve have done something like this? Yes that's a troll-ish question, but I'm serious. I feel if Steve were to make a "5C" he would start from the ground up to develop the best mid-tier phone he could. He would probably reimagine the whole product and not just throw last years phone in a plastic case and sell it for the same price it would normally be sold for. The Mac Mini was completely different...
 I think that would have alleviated some of the angst against the 5C. If it were $200 less than the 5S it would have made more sense for some people, even here on AI. With the minimal price difference it's a hard sell. It's sad that the 5C apparently cost more than even the S4 in Europe according to alex101.   I agree with this post. The name 5C doesn't help Apple's cause. This would have been a good time to drop naming conventions, and just bring out 2 new phones with no...
Sales are probably slow. There's no delay in shipping dates after 4+ hours. 5S would have sold out by now
Thanks! That's awesome!Could you possibly post a demo of it here?
 I'm definitely buying a 5S and a new case as well! I don't agree that this design is a failure or too fragile. It's the most beautiful phone ever made and the shine around the finger print sensor makes it even more luxurious and lust worthy! I can't wait 
I mentioned $200 Nokias and Androids to add context, which a lot of people here are lacking.$400 is NOT cheap for a phone as some here are now saying. Actually some of you were saying $400 was the right price before Tuesday because its high enough for Apple to make a profit but low enough to differentiate it from their premium offering.We all can agree Apple will never make a cheap bargain phone. But a midtier phone? We all assumed that's what Apple would give us. I don't...
We'll see what happens.I think the 5C is a great device for the wrong price. In the US it'll probably do well because Americans are blinded by subsidized price models. Overseas though I'm not too sure.To spin your question another way, if Apple offers a lower price 5C before next year would you eat your words?
You obviously know no more than I do.If Nokia's can sell high end plastic phones for $200-300. Apple could have made a profitable 5C for less than $550.No one here knows the build cost for this phone. The manufacturing costs are obviously lower than the 5/5S and its internals are all old as well.IMO with the little we do know the phone could have been profitable for less than $550.