or Connect

Posts by blackbook

I personally want to see a lower price than that (hoping for $350!), but I wouldn't be surprised if the 5C were priced at $450. It's a much better deal than the 4 was at that price (LTE, 4 inch screen, Siri, A6 processor, 8MP cam etc) and it's new! Compared to the GS3 ($399) the 5C is going to be a much better phone, and it will come in fresh new colors as well, all of which may be justification enough for Apple to price it at $450.
 I feel the same way on this point. I still want to see an anodized aluminum 5C, but that's obviously not happening at this point. Only thing I'm semi-hoping for now is that the 5C is made from a Bio-Plastic Environmentally friendly material. That would give Apple a cool interesting marketing angle for the device no one is expecting. Combine a trendy "eco" image with fashionable colors and you'll have a winner not only in China but also in US hipster communities as well!
  If Samsung can sell GS3s for $399 off contract, I think Apple would have no problem selling 5Cs for $450...
I like the idea of keeping the PPI consistent and simply letter boxing legacy apps. It's not the most elegant solution butIt worked for the iPhone 5.Apples next iPhone will probably put a larger screen in a device that's smaller by volume, just as the iPhone 5 was smaller than the 4S by volume.I expect it to be significantly thinner and possibly with a curved liquid metal back to make it easier to hold.
 It makes sense that they are debuting this with iPhone, since most people carry their smartphones with them everywhere, so making payments with a phone is a logical step. That's less so the case with the iPod Touch and iPad. The iPad may get a fingerprint sensor one day, but I don't know how useful an iPad would be as a wallet. Maybe on Macs and iPads the sensor will be used only for unlock? Anyway I agree with your other points. It's really looking like Apple may have...
 Honestly Android is helping Google on the service side. Remember that Google makes more money from ads accessed by iOS devices than Android devices. So their plan at mobile domination hasn't worked even if they currently have more device activations. 
  Agreed. Honestly Google never had to join the smartphone fray, and I think the entire Android debacle will be looked at as a mistake decades from now.  The concept of a services or software only company is not a bad concept and it worked for Google before, and still currently works well for IBM, Cisco, and the like. Likewise Microsoft still does well on the services and software side. Yes Apple has a great ecosystem that can't be beat, but I don't think every company on...
 I've been wondering the same thing
 I'm hoping we see Apple implement NFC and iWallet or Passbook payments Sept 10th. That would be HUGE unexpected news.
I'm hoping this doesn't put a damper on iPhone launch sales in China on the other 2 carriers.    Hopefully this rumor isn't true and the 5C will be compatible with China Mobile's entire spectrum so that it can launch promptly Sept 20.