or Connect

Posts by blackbook

Stock closed down because the 5C was seen as too expensive.Of course it'll sell well because its an Apple product but at the same time I feel Apple could have been a lot more aggressive with the pricing of their plastic phone.
Everything looks great. If only the 5C were $100 cheaper or maybe had a 8GB model for $450
 Increase Apple's margins... For an investor this is good news. For consumers we're getting less of a bargain than we would normally get from Apple. I'm sure the profit margin on the 5C will be greater than the 4Ss was last year.
 The benefit of Apple keeping the price of the 5C is high, is that the Apple brand will continue to hold an aspirational and lust-worthy status.  People in China and Japan will likely buy the 5C in droves because it will be seen as a more premium product versus Huwei and Samsun phones. Add in the fact Apple will continue selling the iPhone 4 for about $400 (after tax which is an AMAZING bargain even in China) and Apple's sales are going to skyrocket there.
 Although the price is too high the fun colors of the 5C will definitely appeal in Asian. The 5C and the gold 5S will likely become must have items.
I agree with everyone. The price is a major missed opportunity from Apple. This will be popular in the US. But overseas for prepaid markets? I doubt it.
 I was thinking something similar. What if the new FP sensing home button is a capacitive touch button and not a physical button? That would help the whole device last longer.
 Oh, I didn't know about Sony's solution. Do they even have any BLE devices?  Anyway good to know.  One thing I like about PayPal's solution is retailers would only have to add a small USB dongle onto their computers to make the whole system work. Talk about ease of implementation. If Apple could release such a system tomorrow that was as easy for retailers as it is for consumers, this could BE HUGE (bigger than the iPhone itself) for Apple, with likely massive...
 I'm thinking iWallet Payment is coming. Either through NFC or their new iBeacon APIs that they released during WWDC. It'll take a lot of people by surprise that's for sure.
Essentially no news here...  The fingerprint sensor will simply be a convenience because Apple can just assign a PIN for purchases on devices without fingerprint sensors. On another note, I found this site from PayPal interesting: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/beacon Apple unveiled "iBeacons" at WWDC and many here have thought payment should be done through Bluetooth rather than NFC. Maybe Apple is planning to use iBeacons for the iWallet and the FP tech. I doubt...