or Connect

Posts by blackbook

Essentially no news here...  The fingerprint sensor will simply be a convenience because Apple can just assign a PIN for purchases on devices without fingerprint sensors. On another note, I found this site from PayPal interesting: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/beacon Apple unveiled "iBeacons" at WWDC and many here have thought payment should be done through Bluetooth rather than NFC. Maybe Apple is planning to use iBeacons for the iWallet and the FP tech. I doubt...
Here's a question for anyone that would know the answer: Could a Bluetooth 4 based signal communicate with an NFC terminal? I'm sure if the frequency of the signal were calibrated that could work, no? The problem I see with Apple going in a different direction than the rest of the industry is lack of compatibility with current payment terminals at global retailers today. Also Square doesn't have great penetration either. I've mainly only seen Square used at small...
 For the milionth time. This will be impossible with Apple's tech. It only reads LIVE fingerprints. Of course there may be some thieves dumb enough to chop people's fingers off, but they'll be disappointed to find out it won't work.
   The bigger question I have is how Apple implements an iWallet and payments. Are they going to: 1. Partner with MasterCard or VISA of which own the PayPass NFC terminals already located at many retailers worldwide 2. Partner with Isis the NFC terminals developed in partnership by US Carriers. (This I doubt because it would be too "US-Centric") 3. Develop their own Payment system. Of course the Apple way would be #3, but I have doubts, because they haven't made any...
 The accelerometer is an essential chip for most apps and games at the app store now. No way that gets shafted in the 5C.   There are actually quite a few capable phones available for $300. Yes they are not as smooth as iOS, but for the price they are good enough for most people. $300-500 is the so called midrange for smartphones and this is the market Apple is entering with the 5C. Many of us just hope Apple aims for the sweet spot in that market and not the very high end...
 I would say 100% yes. One of the goals for the 5C is to be compatible with China Mobile TDE-LTE network so I would assume it would be compatible with other global LTE networks as well. The 5C will be a huge upgrade from the 4 on the low end for Apple.   Especially iOS 7. I think 7 will really appeal to consumers more than iOS or Android.
 Even so, most of the iPhone's high end competition is made of plastic. That being said, yes the 5C looks markedly cheaper than the 5 or 5S, but at the same time it looks to be as nice or nicer than the competition so I can still see people paying a bit of a premium for it over an S2 or S3. As I've said numerous times I think an 8GB model for $350 would be a sweet spot with a 16GB and 32 GB model being $450 and $550 respectably or $0 and $99 on contract. Those aren't...
 I completely agree. $300 is close to the sweet spot for people that want a decent smartphone. That's why I'm hoping for Apple to at least offer a 5C model for $350 because a lot of people would be willing to spend a little more for an Apple branded phone. But now with the Lumia 520 for only $99 the concept of affordable is likely to change once again. In a sense if folks that go to these prepaid carriers start expecting to get high quality smartphones and OSs for less...
 I personally want to see a lower price than that (hoping for $350!), but I wouldn't be surprised if the 5C were priced at $450. It's a much better deal than the 4 was at that price (LTE, 4 inch screen, Siri, A6 processor, 8MP cam etc) and it's new! Compared to the GS3 ($399) the 5C is going to be a much better phone, and it will come in fresh new colors as well, all of which may be justification enough for Apple to price it at $450.
 I feel the same way on this point. I still want to see an anodized aluminum 5C, but that's obviously not happening at this point. Only thing I'm semi-hoping for now is that the 5C is made from a Bio-Plastic Environmentally friendly material. That would give Apple a cool interesting marketing angle for the device no one is expecting. Combine a trendy "eco" image with fashionable colors and you'll have a winner not only in China but also in US hipster communities as well!