or Connect

Posts by blackbook

If Apple brought out those iMacs today I don't think they would get the same response they got over 15 years ago.Today people would say they look cheap.Apple has brought tech into a new paradigm where the materials used for products actually matter.They made us change our minds about plastic 3 years ago with the introduction of the iPhone 4 and the replacement of the MacBook with the Air. Apple taught us that plastic is the past and aluminum and glass is the future.They...
You know Siri has probably cost Apple hundreds of millions of dollars? It is not free and the cost for the service is baked into every iPhone where Siri is equipped.
This argument reminds me of the arguments last year concerning Apple pricing the iPad Mini at $329 instead of $299.It probably made sense to them to get an extra $30 per device rather than price it below $300.It could be the same with the iPhone 5C. They may be able to price it lower than $350 but that doesn't mean that would be advantageous for them.
Yup.That's the same reason I doubt Samsung or any other smartphone hardware company has a chance in buying the whole company.The sale won't get interesting until blackberry decides to split their assets. At that point I could see Apple and Microsoft teaming up to buy blackberry's patent portfolio. Blackberry's device and software arms are dead though.
It's sort of the point that Apple wants people to buy newer devices eventually to support newer software.How would Apple gain any sales by all software working on a device for 10 years time or whatever. That's why PC sales are dying.
Exactly.When has Apple ever thought like that?Just because the competition sells $2000 plastic laptops has Apple thought, "heck why are we wasting all this money on aluminum when people are willing to spend the same for plastic!"Apple was the one who moved forward and away from plastic. Why would they look at the Galaxy and decide to go backward?
The pricing will likely be very simple and in line with Apple's current pricing strategy.My conservative guess is that the prices will be exactly where they are today:8GB 5C replaced the 8GB 4 at $45016GB 5C replaces the 16GB 4S at $55016-64GB 5S replaces the iPhone 5 at all of its price points from $650-$850.That's very simplistic and very likely. But my hope is that Apple will drive the price down further. I'd like to see:8GB 5C for $350 sold exclusively unsubsidized...
I agree for the most part.To the average user there won't be much different from the 2 phones.I don't think Apple should strip Siri away but there has to be something other than the fingerprint sensor to make the 5S more desirable.Also I agree with an earlier point that Siri does involve a lot of underlying infastructure for Apple. Removing it could be a way of shrinking overall cost for the phone.But the same could be said of icloud I suppose. We'll see what the outcome...
Same could have been said of the iPad Mini but that didnt stop Apple.I agree that a plastic iPhone would be better for Apple's bottom line, but I personally feel it would be worse for the brand in the long run.I contend that at $450/€400 Apple can do better than this.
I'm honestly still hoping all of these leaks are fake but you've got to admit that with the consistency of the leaks the plastic 5C is looking to be a reality.Only question mark now is the price but I think Ming is probably right that the starting price will be around $450.As I said I'm hoping this is all wrong but at the same time I know the odds are pointing in favor of a $450 colorful plastic iPhone September 10th.