or Connect

Posts by blackbook

Agreed.This sounds like competition for the upcoming iPhone Lite. Apple and even Samsung have nothing to worry about if this is Moto's "flagship" effort.Only thing I'm gonna hate is seeing all the ads for this POS.A $500 million ad campaign? Really Google? What a waste. Looks like the Microsoft Surface debacle all over again tossing a half billion down the drain.
I like the idea.I assume Apple would save a lot on production with this as well.Only thing I hope is that the iPhone Lite is an aluminum iPod Touch phone and not a cheap plastic phone like the leaks suggest.Also like the idea of calling the iPhone 5S "iPhone Pro" and the cheaper phone simply "iPhone" but ONLY of the cheaper phone is NOT plastic.All aluminum forever Apple. Don't go back to cheap white plastic.
Pretty much. I can see lots of people returning these because I'd imagine battery life would be dreadful on this.
Yup
http://youtu.be/BxQ04wcAHYs
Investors care more about the iPhone than iPad. The iPhone has higher margins and makes Apple quite a bit more money than the iPad hence why shares are up even with weak iPad numbers.
Agreed.If Apple is doing markedly worse in a year I'll agree with you that Tim has to go.All of the SVPs probably signed non-compete agreements.
Although the phone looks nicer in these videos I'm more convinced these plastic cases are fake.
  Tim has done well so far.    I haven't seen any glaring mistakes that would convince me Apple will be "quite a different company" under Tim versus Steve. Tim has the balls to make bold decisions much like Steve. He didn't hesitate to overhaul the largest OS in company history when he saw it was getting long-in-the-tooth. That's a move Steve would make, and Tim has been on top of things very closely ever since taking over.   Is Tim perfect? No, but he's made more wise...
  I think there may be a low cost replacement for the 4S, but it won't be because of necessity or because Apple is afraid of the high end market saturating.   They'll do it because they want to make the 16:9 4 inch screen, lightning connector, and likely LTE standard across the lineup.   The notion Apple is going low end to get more buyers or save themselves from extinction was proven wrong buy their numbers and results yesterday.