or Connect

Posts by blackbook

You've partially proved some of my points. But here's a simple question:What's the point of Macs having Siri if Siri cant do basic task such as turn on Bluetooth when you're outside of a Wifi network?Having Siri on a Mac could ruin the "just works" experience. That's why I said Siri would need to be able to process basic task without being connected to the Internet if it were to be a quality feature on the Mac.
Yeah I could see this tech being used for full scale TV set.Maybe gestures could replace some of the remote control functions and the 3D sensors could determine where in the room you are making the gestures from?Kinda like Leap but with a greater range of distance and versatility.This could be the distinguishing feature to set the TV apart from the Apple TV set top box.
What you're describing sounds like a Newton.
Is that a 9to5 or a macrumors link?
Agreed. Not sure the benefit of slimmer and lighter right now for the Mini.Maybe we'll see a price drop for the current model and a new A6 model? That would probably help them keep sales momentum even without Retina this time around.But who knows Apple may surprise.
Siri is currently web/networked based so I song see Macs getting it unless all of the processing happen off-network on your device.Macs don't have the luxury of being constantly connected like the iPhone. That's also why the Maps app isn't for turn by turn. It's mainly to look up a route and then send it to your mobile device.
I'm assuming that the reason they are adding to the team and delaying the launch is because they want to debut it with a flexible display like the patent.The tech for that isn't ready yet for mass production.
I don't believe this sensational report one bit. There's more evidence Apple plans to produce their own chips, than there is for this.
  It's true that Samsung or any manufacturer could come out with a smart-watch now, but many won't take the time necessary to get the concept right, hence why every smart watch out today is a niche accessory.   Apple has the opportunity to do a smart-watch right much like they did the smartphone and tablet "right". I believe if Apple can get the right combination of form and function we'll have another game changer.   As far as the competition rushing products out in the...
I think we may see an announcement of the device early in 2014 months before the release much like we saw for the original iPhone and iPad. Apple will build hype and awareness for the device creating the next "must-have" item for people. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple had an event in Jan or March to debut the device before all of the production bits are worked out.