or Connect

Posts by blackbook

I'm thinking the same, and I like your idea of restricting the cheap model to Apple stores only and keeping it away from phone companies and their over priced plans.The often rumored iPod touch phone may finally see the light of day.
I would love to see an iPhone Air as the gateway iPhone.If Apple can do what they did with the iPad Mini and reimagine thin and light that would be a show stopper.You realize what you're postulating is an iPhone 5 right?A cheapo 5S with A6 and 16GB? Yup iPhone 5 which will cost $549 when the 5S comes out, if Apple decides to keep it around.$549 is not affordable enough for most of the world.My thoughts on the upcoming cheapo phone is a phone based on the iPod touch....
    ^^^This!   When I first started watching the video I was convinced this could be the real deal, but when they got to their Android knockoff the whole thing smelled of a money grabbing headline stealing HOAX.   I hope Techdy enjoys their 15 minutes of fame. They'll be proven wrong shortly.
If it has a retina display I would assume it would be an iPod touch with LTE.A55 megapixel camera8GB storageColored aluminum bodyLTE$349
I think we're all hoping those are cheap Chinese knock off fakes
Agreed.The should use candy coloredaluminum and maybe just put a small plastic panel on the bottom of the back like the iPhone 1 had.I think they should maintain higher margins on the phone because if the cheaper iPhone cannibalizes the more expensive just a little bit than that would throw off Apple's quarterly margins completely.I still believe the leaks are fake. We will not be seeing that plastic on the cheaper iPhone.
I hope you're not disappointed that the 5S will have the exact same aluminum case
I agree.Samsung seems to have shipped more phones this quarter but still saw their profits shrink. That probably means the phones they did ship were cheap android feature phones.The same would happen to Apple if they release a $200 phone.I'd rather Apple keep their margins high and release their cheaper phone for $300-400 as well.
If Apple can get into that price bracket without sacrificing margins or quality, they could literally double or triple their global market share overnight.We'll see what trade offs Apple makes for the low cost phone. I'm hoping for something more polished than what we have seen.What if they had an iPhone 1ish design with colored aluminum and a white or colored plastic window on the bottom for the wireless radios?That might look more high end than these plastic so called...
I'm surprised they didn't add still photos with vintage filters...