or Connect

Posts by blackbook

There were many great mapping companies before Google.Why didn't Apple partner or buy one of those companies? Even Yahoo has been in the mapping game far longer than Google. Why doesn't Apple announce a partnership with them just like they have with Yahoo Weather?What about MapQuest? Garmin? Rand McNally? AAA? Hell even Microsoft?I'm sure there are more out there that Apple could use to improve their product. I'd really like to hear an announcement or a partnership on that...
Agreed.I need concrete proof Apple has improved Maps DATA with this release and not just the LOOK.As you said Maps looks great but we need improved data as well as directions. Maybe Apple should partner with MapQuest or even Yahoo but the ways I've gotten lost with Maps is unacceptable.I cannot trust the app to be my default app after last week when I used it to give me directions to a county library and instead I ended up at a trailer park in the wrong part of town....
I don't think it will be such a bad thing if the new Mini is delayed.The new full sized iPad comes out with a Mini-style design this fall, and that needs some time in the spotlight to itself. I think it could provide halo for the Mini this holiday season.People will see the ads for the new full size iPad go to an Apple store or electronic store and maybe find that the Mini size works for them better.No need to release a major redesign of both at the same time.Exactly....
  Ugly.    The more I see these edge to edge concepts the more I detest them.
I've heard many first hand stories of people going to Verizon to buy an iPhone but being convinced to buy an Android phone instead.Tim Cook seems to agree this is a legitimate problem because he commented on their anti-iPhone practices at Apples latest retail meeting.
That's what they get for telling their retail employees to push Androids and turn people away from iPhones.
An article that has nothing to do with iWatch or iPhone. Hmmm ok AI. Keep the spin machine and link baiter humming
Could be because iPads aren't included? Are iPads included in the other reports?Also Samsung has phones with their own OS, Windows, and Android.
Typical sales drop before the new model probably played a part in this, along with Samsung continuing to give away their devices. The 5S, iOS 7, and potential low cost iPhone will see Apple put Samsung back in their place and crush the rest of the competition.
People are taking issue with the price because of the plastic not because of the candy colors.But as has been pointed out the Lumia is a $500 candy colored plastic phone that seems to be selling ok.I think this will sell well even if it were plastic, but if its aluminum this phone could be game changing for Apple.A colorful high end aluminum smartphone for $300-$400? It'll sell like gangbusters and get iOS in the hands of millions more people all over the world.