or Connect

Posts by blackbook

Is this a feature that could be used if we bought a car today or do we have to wait for the automakers to give their cars a software update to make this work? I'm in the market for a car now and I don't want to miss out on this feature?
Very strange patent. It almost seems that at one point over the past 21 years Apple had considered a Microsoft SYNC-like vehicle integration. I would assume they no longer are pursuing that, but if that were the case, what is the point of this patent?
I don't think it does anymore. I could be wrong but Apple brought the iPod touches screen up to iPhone levels with IPS last year.
Thicker fonts throughout the system seems to address a major issue many had. I wonder when they will change the lock screen arrows that confuse people on how to swipe to unlock? And I'm assuming at this point the icons will not change before release...
What Apple may do to increase the profitability of the Mini is discount the current non-Retina model by $50 to $279, and raise the starting price of the new Retina model to $379.Both prices would still be competitive and Apple could make the Mini line a bit more profitable.Such a move would probably be un-Apple though.
Add a plastic panel at the bottom of the aluminum backplate ala iPhone 1 and bam. Cheaper iPhone that's beautiful and high end and even harkens back to the fanfare of the iPhone 1.With Apples patents and research in battery tech I don't think that will be a problem either.
It probably wasnt until this year the cost of making more than one model made sense for them as far as components.A few years ago there would be no way they could make an "iPhone" quality device for much cheaper than what they were charging but now they are themselves selling an allGlass and aluminum iPhone with retina display for $449.That's a first and now I'm sure component cost and their economy of scale in manufacturing have improved to the point where they can...
I'm thinking the same, and I like your idea of restricting the cheap model to Apple stores only and keeping it away from phone companies and their over priced plans.The often rumored iPod touch phone may finally see the light of day.
I would love to see an iPhone Air as the gateway iPhone.If Apple can do what they did with the iPad Mini and reimagine thin and light that would be a show stopper.You realize what you're postulating is an iPhone 5 right?A cheapo 5S with A6 and 16GB? Yup iPhone 5 which will cost $549 when the 5S comes out, if Apple decides to keep it around.$549 is not affordable enough for most of the world.My thoughts on the upcoming cheapo phone is a phone based on the iPod touch....
    ^^^This!   When I first started watching the video I was convinced this could be the real deal, but when they got to their Android knockoff the whole thing smelled of a money grabbing headline stealing HOAX.   I hope Techdy enjoys their 15 minutes of fame. They'll be proven wrong shortly.