or Connect

Posts by blackbook

Yeah, but you're phone also cost $649 when you bought it.
  I agree.   This phone is for those who haven't experienced an iPhone before, not for current iPhone owners. Apple will provide the features that best suit new buyers primarily in emerging markets.   A plastic case is easier to mass produce and if this phone comes with a China Mobile deal easier production would be a huge asset for Apple, so that's why plastic seems likely (again not my preference but still a realistic option). Siri is a trademark feature that has enough...
  I didn't notice that, until now. The device looks too narrow for even the old 3.5 inch screen. If this is real, I'm even more interested in what the final product will look like.This could be an iPhone Mini/Nano and not an iPhone Lite.
True!But I will say the plastic Samdung uses in the S4 looks nicer than the plastic on these supposed iPhone Lites.I'm sincerely hoping these are fake. I don't doubt the rumor a cheap iPhone is coming this year, but I'm hoping for a more inspired design even if they are plastic.
Well of course it's "ok" for Apple to do whatever the heck they want.I personally would prefer they avoid plastic in order strengthen their current brand ethos of using aluminum and glass exclusively.
I agree. This phone is for a different market and a different subset of buyer. The entire premise of this phone is its for people that have never had an iPhone or a smartphone before. They're expectations are different from current iPhone owners.Apple wants current iPhone owners to upgrade to the more profitable 5S so this new cheaper phone probably won't include any features that will entice current owners to downgrade to it.I don't know if the phone will have retina or...
At the time of the 3G release Apple also still sold the plastic MacBooks so there was less of negative vibes toward plastic at Apple. I don't think Steve or Ive would regret that design.Anyway as far as the new phone I do agree that I would prefer it not be plastic. Apple should find other ways to save on cost to bring the price down.I think most people would prefer a beautiful product with high end materials even if the phone doesn't have a Retina display. For the price...
  For one the iPhone 4 has 3 year old internals, hence why it could be sold for $449.   We're talking about a phone that will have a 4 inch screen and last years internals. How can Apple cut 40-60% off the price while retaining margins for this new phone. That's why I'm postulating Apple could resort to a non-Retina screen in order to cut cost and increase the desirability of the 5S.     I wouldn't consider the 3G/3GS anomolies considering Apple sold the form factor for 4...
I'm sure those same people wouldn't want the Mini weighing down their purses, lab coats, or jackets.   The Mini is the perfect size and weight as is, and that experienced should not be hampered for the sake of a Retina screen. When Apple comes out with a Retina Mini it should retain all of it's desirable features such as lightweight and small form factor.
Assuming Apple launches an iWatch this year in addition to a cheaper iPhone and iPad 5, I think we could see many record breaking quarters and the stock rise to new heights.